Thread: T15 Progression

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Exodus is 10/12, won't be long till a clear, not sure if EU servers are up yet, can't check from work
    DREAM Paragon will go 12/12 in 4 hrs, 1 shotting every boss and making US guilds look like amateurs.

[please avoid "US vs EU." Thank you.]
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-03-06 at 08:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    DREAM Paragon will go 12/12 in 4 hrs, 1 shotting every boss and making US guilds look like amateurs.
    '
    No they won't because they will clear it with many setups and test hc tactics in advance also in live version.

And no one even cares before the next week.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctorant View Post
    '
    No they won't because they will clear it with many setups and test hc tactics in advance also in live version.

And no one even cares before the next week.
    To add to this, several of these top-end guilds will run this raid multiple times this week so that they could funnel gear to their mains. Most guilds only had 1-2 hours of testing on the PTR, so having more time this week to iron out strats for heroic is better than waiting until next week.

Have the first run be about showing those players who did not take part in the PTR testing the fights, and to get gear to X% number of mains. Group 2 will be about trying different strats for heroic while at the same time gearing up X% number of mains. Group 3; if any and so forth; would either be more testing of strats and to gear up X% of mains, or just gear runs for X% of mains. Repeat as needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that the patch has landed in the EU, I wonder how long it takes for us the catch up. It is quite suprising that guilds haven't cleared it in full yet, however I'd like to check back tonight when the likes of Method and other EU teams have had all day to raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Mind Sear is as useful as tits on a bull, but let's not get carried away here.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphia View Post
    Now that the patch has landed in the EU, I wonder how long it takes for us the catch up. It is quite suprising that guilds haven't cleared it in full yet, however I'd like to check back tonight when the likes of Method and other EU teams have had all day to raid.
    Apparently you don't read the above comments. No one cares about normal "progression" because all of the guilds that concentrate on progression know that the normal modes are not a race. Many guilds have split runs specifically to maximize loot for next week's race. Many guilds are practicing Heroic strats now in order to prep for next week's race.

Again, normal progression isn't a race at all. It isn't surprising that no one has cleared it all, because the real guilds doing heroic progression don't care about normals.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    MVP post somewhere.
    Normal modes in throne of thunder are tuned as following
    first 3 bosses ilvl 502
    next 3 bosses after that ilvl 507
    next 3 bosses after that ilvl 512
    last 3 bosses ilvl 517

I imagine Ra-den will be tuned for 530+.

Oh and I wouldn't compare expansion entry raids, especially MV which was easier than the other two, to a mid expansion one. Think Firelands vs ToT though.
    Unless there's an actual link to a developer saying this it doesn't mean much. MVPs are nice people and all, but they don't necessarily have developer inside info (and if they do I highly question the communication skills of developers if they rely on MVPs to post their knowledge).

I'm not saying it's not possible for it to be something like that, it makes decent sense, but the number of bosses and the item level specifics I don't exactly believe.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Again, normal progression isn't a race at all. It isn't surprising that no one has cleared it all, because the real guilds doing heroic progression don't care about normals.
    This is the salient point. Killing normal modes is not irrrelevant; however clearing them first is not a priority for top guilds. The t15 progression race is about those top guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    Anyone else impressed that normal mode hasnt been cleared out in the first night?

http://www.wowprogress.com/

Top guild right now is 7/12.

If your guild managed to down the 2nd boss in there tonight, grats! You are top 100 in US. (as of 1am after release)
    This bodes well for Heroic progress........would love to see it take a few weeks to clear and a couple months to down Ra-Don.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

Deleted
    Seems the last 4-5 bosses provide a good challenge

Still only 3 guilds over 7/12 and Exodus has been on 10/12 for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algearond View Post
    This bodes well for Heroic progress........would love to see it take a few weeks to clear and a couple months to down Ra-Don.
    Someone didn't read the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Most top guilds are going to be running multiple groups that are 1/2 - 2/3 alts in order to funnel gear to their mains for next week. Since rankings only really matter for heroic stuff most guilds don't have much incentive to rush through normals.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Deleted
    so what stops that guilds clearing normal with their alts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohai View Post
    so what stops that guilds clearing normal with their alts?
    Nothing. The only reason 12/12 was taking long was time constraint and raid splits. No reason to go hard on a single normal unless you can't complete what you set out to do in the allotted time of 7 days. The fights were largely a pushover with less than 3 wipes on I think everything except the last boss. The trash was more difficult than a good amount of the bosses.

coined the int trinket with crit proc, thunderforged, on my mage. lawl.
    Last edited by quiks; 2013-03-07 at 05:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently you don't read the above comments. No one cares about normal "progression" because all of the guilds that concentrate on progression know that the normal modes are not a race. Many guilds have split runs specifically to maximize loot for next week's race. Many guilds are practicing Heroic strats now in order to prep for next week's race.

I never mentioned normal progression being a race, I simply stated I'd like to see how quickly the EU catch up.
    Don't get me wrong, Mind Sear is as useful as tits on a bull, but let's not get carried away here.

I never mentioned normal progression being a race, I simply stated I'd like to see how quickly the EU catch up.
    Which implies a race. If there isn't a race, then it doesn't matter if EU "catches up" at all.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Normals isn't a race. We are currently only 8/12 normals because we are wiping on purpose to test out heroic strats.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Found it interesting how wowprogress was obviously all US guilds with the earler maintenace and then a few EU guilds just skyrocketed through there and caught up nicely. Especially russian guilds. They definitely are pumped up to be up there whem hardmodes unlcok. Some guilds like Paragon I don't see at all yet, guess for them it starts with the hardmodes....
    Its because many guilds are practicing for heroics and/or running 2-3 normal mode raids at once with 1/2 or 2/3 of each raid containing alts in order to gear up the main group.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    After so much time ppl still dont understand how it works

10+ Year Old Account
    Which implies a race. If there isn't a race, then it doesn't matter if EU "catches up" at all.
    Okay, my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Exodus World First Ra-Den with Exploit Just Like Their Yogg-0 World First. Calling It Right Now.
    Wow. I'd hate to be a friend of yours. You seem like you'd never let someone forget their errors. God help your relationships too. 5 years ago? Really?