Is there a list of destro trinkets that i may have missed?

Quote Originally Posted by shottadeano View Post
    Is there a list of destro trinkets that i may have missed?
    Ghaddo posted one a few pages back. They don't take into consideration interactions between trinkets, and are as if you only equipped one trinket at a time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Single Target:
    • Burning Primal is now better (slightly) than Sinister Primal
    Question: What about heavy AoE-situations like Garrosh p1 / Galakras or multitarget Klaxxi/Protectors where the ember gain of RoF is increased? And will the "slightly better" turn into a "better" with higher ilvl (more crit)? I found myself feeling still very comfortable with the legandary proc for instance while nuking down the amber in the Klaxxi fight.

Go lower if possible. I only have that much haste because that's as little as I can get.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you pull these from your simc scale factors?

When I have a general reforging priority like Mastery >= Crit >> Haste I'll do something like:

Int: 10
    Hit: 8
    Mastery: 6
    Crit: 5
    Haste: 3

Assuming that 2 Mastery is worth more than 1 Int.
    Any thoughts on going 1 Int >= 2 Mastery for gemming? I find that high mastery builds have a big variance . . . thinking that perhaps shifting a bit to int/mast gems might smooth that out.

Though with the recent buff to ember gen, I'm finding it easier to sync procs with CB, so maybe it's a non-issue now.

Deleted
    Brusalk,
    any chance you recorded some of your normal mode kills? Would be really interested to see how you do this much DPS as Destro (yes I stalked your logs!).

Or can we expect such only for heroics/if at all? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dauriel View Post
    I am in need of some advice. I have ilvl of 517 but when I'm on a practice dummie I'm only doing about 70-75k dps. In raids, recount show's I'm doing about 10-115k dps. I'm not sure why, but this is a little frustrating because of the low dps on a dummie, no one will allow me to raid with them in flex raids now or even ToT 10m runs (which is disappointing because I need some new gear). I would be happy to provide you in a pm with my realm and toons name as well as a screen shot of recount in a raid, rotation bar, and dps on a dummie. Any help on these matters is greatly appreciated.

Also great guide. Well done!
    When you check on dummies you don't have all the raid buffs, and raid specific boss mechanics to boost your DPS, this is why you'll normally never be able to match your Raid DPS on a dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maokk View Post
    Question: What about heavy AoE-situations like Garrosh p1 / Galakras or multitarget Klaxxi/Protectors where the ember gain of RoF is increased? And will the "slightly better" turn into a "better" with higher ilvl (more crit)? I found myself feeling still very comfortable with the legandary proc for instance while nuking down the amber in the Klaxxi fight.
    Burning should increase with AoE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ariol View Post
    Brusalk,
    any chance you recorded some of your normal mode kills? Would be really interested to see how you do this much DPS as Destro (yes I stalked your logs!).

Or can we expect such only for heroics/if at all? :P
    I meant to record Garrosh but I ended up recording every attempt but our kill. >.>

I'll be doing every heroic, but when they're released AND what spec I play is up in the air. Distinctly possible I'll not be Destro for some fights, and also distinctly possible I may wait week(s) before releasing kill vids.

Ghaddo posted one a few pages back. They don't take into consideration interactions between trinkets, and are as if you only equipped one trinket at a time.
    Will you by any chance have one with the interactions taken into consideration, or its keep hunting for now?

Shot,
    Meaning a synergy like UVLS + chanye where the crit can feed the proc chance of chanye "chance on crit" mechanic. I can't think of any off the top of my head besides maybe PBoI + BBoY since it would add 8% to BBoY's passive. (not huge but its something KTT wouldn't have)

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    When you check on dummies you don't have all the raid buffs, and raid specific boss mechanics to boost your DPS, this is why you'll normally never be able to match your Raid DPS on a dummy.
    Then why would I be asked to "audition" on a dummy so my dps can be checked if I would do more in a raid with the buffs? How would I increase my dps on a dummy? I have watched videos, done the research, asked the top warlocks on my realm to look at my gear, and now I'm at a loss. Could it be my gear, gems, chants, and reforging? Because I have followed the advice on stats and it still seems really low. Thus, I can not get into raid parties. Which is a shame because I really want to see the content as well we getting some new gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dauriel View Post
    Then why would I be asked to "audition" on a dummy so my dps can be checked if I would do more in a raid with the buffs? How would I increase my dps on a dummy? I have watched videos, done the research, asked the top warlocks on my realm to look at my gear, and now I'm at a loss. Could it be my gear, gems, chants, and reforging? Because I have followed the advice on stats and it still seems really low. Thus, I can not get into raid parties. Which is a shame because I really want to see the content as well we getting some new gear.
    Dummies in the shrine now have a feature where the two leftmost ones drop to 20% after a few pokes. Go there, keep RoF going on all dummies, and start popping out Havoc/Shadowburn once your embers are full. Be careful with immolate because the "battle" isn't over until the last dot ticks. People who want to test drive you on dummies deserve to be deceived.

Seriously though, flex is cross-realm and you can use openraid.us to get into a group. I've done that plenty and have never been asked to prove my DPS on dummies. Keep shopping.

Stupid question. Shouls destro be gemming pure int in red sockets or int/mastery? I am at 530 ilvl, without gem or cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Troolari View Post
    Stupid question. Shouls destro be gemming pure int in red sockets or int/mastery? I am at 530 ilvl, without gem or cloak.
    I"m leaning towards int/mastery at this point.

KJC vs AD for destro

Ok, with the FF nerf and the buff to ember regen to incin and immolate, is it better to use KJC or AD now? Also, why is SimC showing me that crit and haste are better than mastery?

In SoO there are only a couple true single target fights. So, I thought it would be a better build to run a high mastery build.

Final stupid question, once you reach 100% mastery, do you still gain benefits from going beyond, like to say 105 or 110% mastery? I know some stats like crit offer no gains beyond 100%, but I remember in the old days some stats still increased DPS beyond 100% like armor pen, back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by traumabrew View Post
    Ok, with the FF nerf and the buff to ember regen to incin and immolate, is it better to use KJC or AD now? Also, why is SimC showing me that crit and haste are better than mastery?

In SoO there are only a couple true single target fights. So, I thought it would be a better build to run a high mastery build.

Final stupid question, once you reach 100% mastery, do you still gain benefits from going beyond, like to say 105 or 110% mastery? I know some stats like crit offer no gains beyond 100%, but I remember in the old days some stats still increased DPS beyond 100% like armor pen, back in the day.
    AD, it's not worth playing KJC on any fight this tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoabutterz View Post
    AD, it's not worth playing KJC on any fight this tier.
    It should be easily simable how many seconds of movement is required to outpace AD?

Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    It should be easily simable how many seconds of movement is required to outpace AD?
    That depends entirely on when the movement is. If you have movement before a big ember burn then you'll generate all the mana back. On the other hand if you have the movement after a burn, then you're stuck with no mana for a while.

It's not easily simmable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question: What spec can be used to with destro without having any need to reforge and resocket for any encounter?
    Last edited by Bloodfire; 2013-09-17 at 08:28 PM.

Deleted
    no the reason its never worth playing KJC is that felflame is very very close to incinerate on damage, that using felflame instead of incinerate is basicly 0 dps loss

Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    no the reason its never worth playing KJC is that felflame is very very close to incinerate on damage, that using felflame instead of incinerate is basicly 0 dps loss
    But in this context you can't look at it from a DPS PoV and exclude the mana cost - the mana cost will over time lead to more mana downtime, resulting in either wait time or chaos bolts on no/low procs, which ultimately becomes a DPS loss.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud