[PvP] How do you guys....

Remain Op in pvp get buffs... When you need nerfs.... and still stick around.. I think ghost crawler has a hard-on for mages... Us rogues start out in 5.0 as garbage... Get buffed to compete again in pvp, then get nerfed to the ground back to 5.0 status and you guys get to remain as you were... Please tell us your secrets....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Remain Op in pvp get buffs... When you need nerfs.... and still stick around.. I think ghost crawler has a hard-on for mages... Us rogues start out in 5.0 as garbage... Get buffed to compete again in pvp, then get nerfed to the ground back to 5.0 status and you guys get to remain as you were... Please tell us your secrets....
    I forsee this thread becoming a flame war quickly. Mage has been anything but stable this whole xpac and coming and posting on a different classes forum about your class being nerfed is probably going to get the thread locked immediately.

Frost has had, just in MoP: Frostbolt, frostbomb, deepfreeze, pet damage, Icelance all changed scaling and base dmg and effects in pvp changed.

That isn't even a mention of the whole Fire hotfix debacle and arcane being all over the place since launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll allow a discussion on the topic of mage balance in pvp if everyone promises to behave. One out of line post = close.

The issue with mage now is that we have 3 viable PvE specs around which the damage is being balanced. The issue, more specifically, being the fact that we have a small amount of spells which are actually used to do damage so it must be balanced around those. Removing any of our CC potential (which was done in a way in 5.0) would have to result in an increase in damage which would then make it too powerful for PvE. Reducing the damage in PvE would make us too weak in PvP as well which would have to be compensated in another way. It's never easy to balance.

On top of that our dps in PvP goes in 30-second cycles based on Deep Freeze.
    My magic will tear you apart.

mages are not op just the people who play them

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is every rogue saying they'll be garbage again in 5.3? If anything you'll be still better off than start MoP. You got baseline prep for added survivability, and your damage is still insane. I cannot fathom how people thought subterfuge, CnD and shuriken toss were balanced.

Subterfuge: Open with cheap shot and garrote for 20% increased damage and be invisible to the target = can't see if CDs are popped.
    Cloak and Dagger: Unpeelable burst IS OP. You can CnD while rooted and stick to your target no matter what unless CCed, this was the most imbalanced talent in the game TBH and it's good they made it not work during Shadow Dance.
    Shuriken Toss: Combined with the opener did hefty damage while also regenerating combo points extremely fast. I mean, a spammable ability (I say spammable because it in theory only costs you 10 energy with 10 energy being regened every 1 second) which awards combo points, does damage and allows you to auto attack at a distance was pretty insane.

I know these things aren't mage based, but I'm kind of annoyed to how all of the rogues complain so much about these NEEDED nerfs.

Now, on-topic: I can't comment THAT much on mage PvP because I'm only just starting again in MoP as mage, but I do know their burst is INSANE 1v1 and it's really burst-based. But you already know that. On top of that, blizzard doesn't want to nerf the mage burst because it's their only form of damage. A mage without burst is a hunter without bow.

Also tbh, with these rogue nerfs they should really fix the hunters web talent. Every single hunter who's serious about PvP takes that talent and it's extremely frustrating as DK and rogue in patch 5.3. I know, off-topic, but still.

Rogues are all about burst as well... We can only do real burst once every minute...outside of that we can't do anything

Deleted
    Maybe if you thought beyond just damage, you'd see that rogues stop an incredible amount of damage and healing from the other team, making it very difficult for the enemy team to recover from those one minute burst sequences.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    If you want rogues buffed or have serious concerns about the class, you're probably in the wrong forum.
    About mages being OP.... Let's say you roll one, get the honor gear and tell us how it feels. Tell us, how well do you perform and how oveprowered you are.
    My guess is you won't have a clue what to do, how to set up a kill, how to properly use your cooldowns and would most likely end up complaining how warriors and ferals are literally running through you.

But really, it would help you to roll a mage. If you haven't noticed yet from playing against mages, you'll need to try yourself that as a mage you only have window of kill opportunity once every 30sec (every DF). And every second DF you can get an Orb on top of it. Usually you aren't killing anything solo in DF anymore, unless your opponents are bad or undergeared or both. It's also very easy to predict, when the mage is setting up for a kill and thus you should be able to counter it completely or at least pester him enough so he can't get the kill in the end, making him waste the cooldowns.