Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    It's always amusing to see people's perception on war. Nothing is ever as simple as "take them out and get it over with."
    Probably a little kid or an uneducated adult. Quite common in all honesty. They might have the right to exercise their opinion, but that doesn't mean it's not fucking stupid.

I'm a little worried living on the coast, even if it is the east coast, because sooner or later shit is gonna hit the fan. The US will win, that i'm certain of, even if china enters the war against us, we will win. Just rather not enter a war, would rather us as a country concentrate on other things. But if it comes to it, let's kill some chinese and north koreans I guess, but like everyone said, n koreans say that shit every other day so i'm not worried, was just stating something for the sake of discussion.

China needs the trade with the USA (and Europe) more than they need North Korea. I would be amazed if there were no contingency plan organised by your State Department and the Chinese Foreign Ministry for the case of North Korea being stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    I know these won't end well...., but the U.S haven't done anything is just because China are N. Korea allies, and they are a big threat (no i'm not saying China wants to nuke U.S or anything, is just that if China see that if an ally is being attacked, it will also consider U.S as an enemy and start a war with it)
    China is also sick of NK's bullshit.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/07/wo...ons/index.html

China could have veto'd the sanctions, but instead agreed to them. Big brother is fed up with babysitting a toddler with a tantrum I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to put North Korea on ignore.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-03-07 at 04:07 PM.

Deleted
    Just wondering when China will start with sanctions against North Korea, they are highly dependant on China and i don't think they will look too kindly upon them swearing to nuke the U.S
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2013-03-07 at 04:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Just wondering when China will start with sanctions against North Korea, they are highly dependant on China and i don't think they will look too kindly upon them wanting swearing to nuke the U.S
    Well they have taken the first steps already, look at the link I posted previously.

Deleted
    i dont really understand NKs long term goal here. lets say they did manage to nuke the US, then what? are they hoping for the US to bend over and accept their new north korean overlords?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    China is also sick of NK's bullshit.

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/03/07/wo...ons/index.html

China could have veto'd the sanctions, but instead agreed to them. Big brother is fed up with babysitting a toddler with a tantrum I think.
    Yeah i know they are sick of it, but in the end if U.S make a move agains N. Korea, China will end up helping N. Korea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i know they are sick of it, but in the end if U.S make a move agains N. Korea, China will end up helping N. Korea.
    I really doubt it. Too much of China's economy depends on our spending power. They might turn up the heat, but will stay out of the kitchen.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    I doubt it, China's economy will go right down the toilet with nobody buying their goods. They wont risk their newly earned wealth over NK, china depends on America and Europe to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i dont really understand NKs long term goal here. lets say they did manage to nuke the US, then what? are they hoping for the US to bend over and accept their new north korean overlords?
    Well, yeah. They are the self-proclaimed most awesome country in the world. Who wouldn't want to join them?

Deleted
    Can't S-Korea and China complaining too much.
    if NK did even try to do this, then S-Korea and China would get a new park a few mins later.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who could have known that US starting to use pre-emptive strikes would lead to totalitarian regimes embracing the rethoric and later using it as well...
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Well, yeah. They are the self-proclaimed most awesome country in the world. Who wouldn't want to join them?
    They have a dragon born leader that farts magic, and pukes rainbows! He is the most awesome leader ever. I would welcome our new over lord! Who wouldn't want someone that is the descendant of the guy that got 19 holes in an 18 hole game of golf? I mean someone that AWESOME would only have to look our way and our nation crumble under the his caring gaze.

In all seriousness, the situation seems to be rapidly developing. I don't know if they actually have the balls to do it or not. Even if they did, I don't think it would be the US that they attack, more of SK or Japan.
    Last edited by Usako; 2013-03-07 at 04:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    I really doubt it. Too much of China's economy depends on our spending power. They might turn up the heat, but will stay out of the kitchen.
    I doubt it, China's economy will go right down the toilet with nobody buying their goods. They wont risk their newly earned wealth over NK, china depends on America and Europe to survive.
    I don't think they even care about that. It looks like they're preparing for war against Japan and if that happens America must defend Japan. So if America starts a war with North Korea, China may see this as an opportunity to attack Japan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares.

NK does this shit weekly.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    I don't think they even care about that. It looks like they're preparing for war against Japan and if that happens America must defend Japan. So if America starts a war with North Korea, China may see this as an opportunity to attack Japan.
    Why would China want to do that? They are not crazy and have nothing to gain, and quite something to loose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    What gives you that idea? Apart from revenge, I see little benefit to China in invading Japan.

Deleted
    I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm not a fan of NK but how would you act if every other nation is isolating you (for the right or not) and still make decisions about your country they demand you to follow.

I certainly don't want NK to have nuklear weapons, but I can to some extend understand their stance of saying "We're are our own country and do what the hell we want inside it"

Also one thing that seems to be constandly forgotten is that in history of mankind only one country (thank god) ever used nukes on another country.

North Korea is doing what every other country who is seeking for nukes does, building something that prevents other bigger countrys to attack them.
    The USA would not have attacked Afghanistan or Iraqe that easyly if they have had nukes.

So I totally understand the stance of "Hell the USA is our enemy we need something to prevent them from attacking us."

Though I have to say I do not sympathyze with NK but you have to look at this from different angles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    Why would China want to do that? They are not crazy and have nothing to gain, and quite something to loose.
    What gives you that idea? Apart from revenge, I see little benefit to China in invading Japan.
    There's an ongoing dispute with Japan and China currently and they've even threatened Japan with military actions a few times. I don't think it's a mere coincidence that China's been increasing their military budget a lot recently.