Deleted

MMO recommendation?

Hello community of MMO Champion!

I have been looking for an MMO to enjoy recently, but have been having sort of rotten luck... What other people want in MMOs isn't necessarily what I want in MMOs, so a lot of MMOs that are generally regarded as Good haven't really appealed to me, you know?

In terms of games, I love RPGs - both newschool and oldschool! At the minute I've been playing a lot of Etrian Odyssey, and I enjoy games from the big RP franchises (Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Megami Tensei and Tales - both their old and new games!). I also enjoyed Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale, Morrowind and Oblivion, and a lot of the 80s D&D games.

For MMOs, I began with Runescape. It's probably still my favourite! But, I'm looking for something else, you know? I graduated from Runescape briefly into Tibia, and a friend brought me to an even older MMO called Clan Lord. I've enjoyed all these games - because of their bare-bones playstyle, the many hours spent grinding on monsters, and the lack of compulsory quests.

I have played World of Warcraft - and I enjoyed it! But... The levelling system is really annoying for me. I love the story elements, and the beautiful enviorments - it was really immersive but... the fetch-quest based system, or 'kill 9 of this' quests, really grate on me. And at the end, there is Raiding, of course, but... Idk, it's not really my thing. I tried some others - I enjoyed TERA, the combat was a lot of fun, the graphics and immersive enviornments were wonderful, the lore was good. But, again, once you hit Level Cap, you team up and do dungeons, forever - it's not really my thing... With Runescape, Tibia and Clan Lord, there wasn't a level cap, right? Or at least not a reasonable one You could continue to grind and train and push, alone or with pals, more or less forever.

So... I guess I'm looking for something with that oldschool style of Runescape or Tibia, but with the graphics (I have a good gaming PC and want to use it!!), lore, and immersive enviornments of WoW and it's clones. Can you recommend anything for me?

Thanks very much,
    Laura

We have a dedicated thread for finding a specific game to play: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...uggest-a-Game!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    We have a dedicated thread for finding a specific game to play

oh.. I thought that was just a guideline thread? Should I copy/paste what I said in there and delete this?

Archeage, Age of Wushu and The Secret World might fit what you are looking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Archeage, Age of Wushu and The Secret World might fit what you are looking.
    oh really? I read a little about Age of Wushu, I heard it was a good PVP game. Will check them out, thanks

I know some people hate on it, but check out ESO. The lore and RP is phenominal especially with all the permanent decisions your character makes. If you really don't mind taking your time with the quests and have a good gaming pc, see if you can get the enbinjector mod for it too. Personally, that mod along with playing in 1st person pov made the game feel like Oblivion, but with Skyrim graphics. Just don't pvp with it because it makes some models take a while to load.

Link to ENBinjector tutorial with screenshots: http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrolls...p_the_visuals/
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardkorr View Post
    I know some people hate on it, but check out ESO.
    Yessssssss.
    ESO is a lot of fun

If I had time for a 5th game, I would totally be playing it.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Hmm only sandbox I know of that is good is EVE.

Wont really have the whole fantasy thing for you but you pretty much do whatever you want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by lesbianvaporwave View Post
    I've enjoyed all these games - because of their bare-bones playstyle, the many hours spent grinding on monsters, and the lack of compulsory quests.
    If this was 5-6 years ago then I would have recommended Ragnarok Online. That game was amazing fun and is pretty much this alongside some really fun monster hunting and Guild vs Guild gameplay. I don't know how it is these days but I hated the direction it was going back then.

and The Secret World might fit what you are looking.
    I recommend this myself. It's a fun game.