10+ Year Old Account

What classes are you having trouble against this patch? (PvP)

For me so far it would be frost mages, if they are skilled, you can't stop them.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2013-03-08 at 03:21 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    my dk still gets absolutely wrecked bu hunters...I'ma fully upgraded mal dk with t2 weapon, and a half mal/half dread hunter can destroy me in about 10 seconds. Warriors are still very hard, but with the nerf to shockwave, i have a bit more of a chance. Boomies seem really strong atm, as does feral. Still shit all over most casters though, which is the design intent for dks, so I guess its workign as intended.

Deleted
    I've been so pissed off with hunters that I actually contemplated switching to one.
    It would seem that 90% of the time, they are able to save their deterrence (or luckily, it's off CD) for when I'm attacking them. The 8 second web is really OP, and you could say grip makes that a non issue, but it doesn't always go down that way.

I had a hard time killing some hybrids yesterday; as already stated, Balance, but also surprisingly I came across a good Enhancement shaman; something that hasn't happened since cata.

I don't agree with the first post regarding mages; 80% of mages are killable with ease, then there are say 15% that are harder to cope with, but there is the odd mage that will completely rinse me without being able to land a hit on them.

Warriors are almost negligible when they don't have CDs up; I honestly just Chillblaines/Chains them and let someone else near me kill them, and I try harder to not let rogues escape since they are essentially back to the state of being able to escape death and run away.

TLDR

Struggling more with Hunters, Rogues, Balance Druids, the odd Mage / Enhancement shaman.
    Warriors, other DKs, Rets, Warlocks, Priests, all healers, Monks are all fairly easy to kill, but bear in mind that any good players of these classes can also be difficult, regardless of cooldowns. It's just the majority are bads
    Last edited by mmoc382ab27ea0; 2013-03-08 at 08:37 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I forgot to add in enh shammies with cds. If they have cds, theyre extremely dangerous. Without cds, theyre a free hk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by forwards1ca View Post
    I forgot to add in enh shammies with cds. If they have cds, theyre extremely dangerous. Without cds, theyre a free hk.
    You should be able to AMS their initional burst though seeing as it's magic damage. But after that GL :P

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    You should be able to AMS their initional burst though seeing as it's magic damage. But after that GL :P
    Its not all magic damage, and AMS gets eaten up really fast when they have burst up.....plus, thie rburst lasts longer than AMS even if its not eaten. You obviously don't understand how AMS works.

Deleted
    Monks with their mobility, untrinketable stun and the damn OP ring of peace that ignores Swordshattering runeforge.

Hate them.

Everyone else I am killing as Unholy.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really had hopes for UH this patch. The QoL buffs were great, and I was lookign forward to spreading internet aids to everyone I met. Unfortunatley, blizzard once again screwed UHDK's in the butthole with not even a kiss or dinner. The pet, which has been a major problem for 2 expansions, still is completely retarded and required a ridiculous amount of micromanagement to even be effective. On top of that, it really doesn't hit very hard considering unholy is built around the pet. Add to that how ridiculously small the pet's HP pool is, and you have a class that, once again, is getting the D from Blizzard. My full mal full upgraded T2 dk's pet has 195K hp fully buffed. Thats liek 2 chaos bolts, 0.5 of a deep, or one MS/Dragons roar.

Not having any troubles at all 1v1 / duels.

Seem like godmode atm, just have to wait until we all have new gear before I can make an actual judgement though.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    1v1 =/= pvp

1v1 =/= pvp
    Oh i'm very sorry I misunderstood the topic.

Well I have no trouble with a any class when there is just one of them.

However I have much trouble with every class when there is ten of them and one of me. So I guess I have trouble with every class!

Sorry for the confusion :S

In bgs i have trouble with frostmages, if they're not horrible, horrible players. They really hurt.
    Hunters is no problem at all to me.
    Healing monks feels tougher than before, and the ring of peace is annoying. Good thing that most still run out of it, so i have something to hit.
    A good healing druid is still impossible to catch, and even heal for more now.
    Ele shammies hurts more but still dies.
    Haven't really noticed anything changing to the other classes.
    Oddly enough i haven't seen any rogues. Or. Not been attacked by any.

Conversion is really fun. 8-9k healing pr second while being in blood pressence makes you rather tough to get down. Specially with some healing on top of it.
    An everlasting second wind <.<
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

The difference between a really good hunter and an average one is probably bigger than for any other class/spec. Shadowpriests are still pretty tough, as are really good warlocks with their nearly overpowered mitigation. Don't really have any trouble with melee anymore. While conversion still sucks when getting trained by multiple enemies, it is really good in random BGs and 1 vs 1 situations, particularly if you sit in blood presence and save all your RP. Warriors aren't nearly the threat they were last week, and can usually be kited long enough to bring them into second wind range with all of my burst and runes up.

Still, while bad hunters are cannon fodder the really good ones just wreck me.

a little better toe-to-toe with warriors, but still a tough fight.
    Rogues are almost as good as warriors.
    Frost Mages are about the same (meaning beatable if you have CDs and they have theirs)
    healer monks are still pains in the but for rolling and green bubbling all over the place all the time, though I've had success
    Hunters are still tough with their better, more usable Army of the Dead and still my most avoided 1v1 class

DISCLAIMER - I'm probably playing with scrubs. There's no way I should be Oblit'ing for 140-180k against these guys. Might change my opinion when pvp starts to matter next week.

1v1 =/= pvp
    Yeah, duels are totally PVE brah.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiqjaq View Post
    Yeah, duels are totally PVE brah.
    duels don't mean shit. thats why there is no 1v1 bracket, no 1v1 achievements, or anything that relates to 1v1. 1v1 comes down to 90% class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see a few of you are having a trouble with warriors, here's a tip that had me beating warriors (in duels) all day long.

Before the duel starts, get in UH presence and start chasing him, when it starts use chains of ice then start bursting and never stop chasing him, he can never charge! If he heroic leaps, run away from him and mount up on a flying mont and fly straight towards him, then proceed to chains of ice and burst.

DISCLAIMER: Only works against warriors without any kind of skill.

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 07:36 AM ----------

duels don't mean shit. thats why there is no 1v1 bracket, no 1v1 achievements, or anything that relates to 1v1. 1v1 comes down to 90% class.
    http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=1157/duel-icious

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    I see a few of you are having a trouble with warriors, here's a tip that had me beating warriors (in duels) all day long.

Before the duel starts, get in UH presence and start chasing him, when it starts use chains of ice then start bursting and never stop chasing him, he can never charge! If he heroic leaps, run away from him and mount up on a flying mont and fly straight towards him, then proceed to chains of ice and burst.

DISCLAIMER: Only works against warriors without any kind of skill.[COLOR="red"]
    Hit the warrior with your own devastating melee strikes up close! Once you bring his HP down to 1 (or 0 in real PvP), you win!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post

DISCLAIMER: Only works against warriors without any kind of skill.

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 07:36 AM ----------

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=1157/duel-icious
    Wow, 1 achievement...I meant pvp achievements or achievements that actually are desireable. Congratulations for completely missing the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost Mages for sure, Hunters, and Monks.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)