Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is awesome, really shows the quality of brain that populates the WoW community that they would even think that Two Hundred Manning a boss could justify it as easy.

That is more people than the boss has actions per second... by far. Meaning you can easily rez or even run back before he kills another set of people. I mean seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Apparently he spawned again while I was doing the Pandaren starting area

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Someone already pointed that out, but yeah:

I've not seen Oondasta on my server, though a guildmate got the achievement for the kill so it definitely spawned.
    Four full raid groups for 800 Millions?
    The amass of bones around the dinosaur literally scream it's so easy it can be soloed with some good kiting!
    Just to remind you....Openraid had ppl spamming invites to other realms for Oondasta kills. It was the best way to get multiple raid groups going. SO check there and see if you can get lucky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went down with about 120 people on my server. There were a few wipes but they were all people being morons and pulling when no-one was ready killing 65% of the raid in the first few seconds. Kited him to the GY on attempt 5 for the kill.
    Undefined animosity is a device of the spineless, the means of a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    Really, it's simply precious to read how easy he is and just another zergable world boss while viewing all the corpses and carnage around him. Best laugh so far today even if I get the point being made.

Try it next time with something less than four raid groups and report back. With pictures.
    The OP said they had 4 raid groups. Imagine them wiping once with all 4 raid groups, how many skeletons would that produce ? Speaking as someone who hasn't really cared about much in WoW for the past few years apart from achievements and raiding, if you wipe to a brand new boss once and kill it on the next attempt, it's pretty damn easy. Heck, if you kill a boss within 5 attempts I still say it's easy.

Also, as someone who has done the fight, it'll be a lot easier with ~25-30 people actually listening to instructions (think guild run). As long as you spread a bit, keep the tank up and don't turn the boss towards the raid, and you're golden.

I killed it with one of those unorganized "raids" with 120-150 people just burning it as hard as they can. Ranged dps running into melee and killing everyone there by linking the whatever-spell, fps coming down a bit, no one knowing where they should be and what they should be doing, tanks facing the boss towards the group right before a spitfire.. Yeah, it's horrible. Yet we still killed it after I'd say 3-4 wipes, if we exclude any intentional ninja pulls made by lone individuals. That does count as easy in my eyes, all things considered.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

10+ Year Old Account
    Too easy, hope heroic mode brings challenge, blizzard fails, regular modes make no sense (why even have them) etc. etc. etc.

Deleted
    lets have more people than 40 and call it easy i think its tuned for about 40 ppl

Anything zergable by number is by easy by very definition of "zerg". No skill, no challenge. Get living wall of meat and roll it over boss. There were promises that it would "require coordination". Turns out - it doesn't. Good example of non-zergable boss is good ol' Kazzak, where bringing number would actually hurt you if people didn't knew what are they doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know...I think Blizzard failed at taking into account the stability of the servers and the amount of people they would have in one area when they decided it would take that many people to kill him.

I just killed Oondasta about 10 minutes ago on Bleeding Hollow-US and it consisted of at least four full Horde 40-man raid groups plus at least one Alliance raid on the island trying to gank. All the lag not only caused the dinosaur to bug out and stand there doing nothing but occasionally turning and walking as we whacked on him, but caused a partial server crash as well. At about 25% health, I disconnected and got a "Error retrieving character list" for about five minutes before it let me back in. I did find my obligatory 28g 50s in my bag, but didn't get the chance at the extra roll. The achievement didn't pop up even though it is logged in my achievement panel, and his corpse wasn't even there when I got back in.

Even if they do manage to fix server stability, I can't imagine how this boss will ever be killed on low population servers like the one I transferred from and where all my other characters are. Before he bugged out, his buff had gotten so high he was one shotting people for 8 million.

I think people calling it easy and zerging it are either in PVE servers or not really part of a balanced server or something. The true difficulty of world bosses comes from the opposite faction. Let's see if it's easy if you are trying to down the boss with several raids of players on the opposite faction trying to wipe you.

Oondasta cannot be balanced for 4+ raid groups because on high-pop PVP and balanced server nobody would be able to down him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oondasta is a over hyped loot pinata.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    his design is flawed and can be easily zerged
    affirmative. killed him today, was a walk in the park with ~3 raidgroups

BLlZZ SURE OVER EXAGGERATED HOW HARD THIS BOSS IS. WE WERE ABLE TO BEAT IT EASY WITH 160 PEOPLE.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by broloth View Post
    bllzz sure over exaggerated how hard this boss is. We were able to beat it easy with 160 people.
    idontknowwhyyouareyellingbutthisdoesnotmakeyourcontentlesspostmorevaliddude

The requirements to kill this boss normally (40 people) are too high for the loot he drops. Seems useless to kill it more than once. By the time you get 530 ilevel, you won't need 522 ilevel gear anymore.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Deleted
    I wouldn't call it easy, since we are all overpowering it with several raids groups not just 1 which it was tuned for. I've killed it twice now, both times players were getting one shot by the aoe.

Hes pretty much a joke. On Area 52 we just kited him down the hill to the GY so everyone could instantly rez and me right back into the fight if they died.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Killed him earlier today on Dalaran-US. Was actually quite fun since there were quite a few people from other servers pulled in to help.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Did it on Bleeding Hallow, The server crashed from the immense amount of people there.

http://bit.ly/12e7MsQ <--- My New Monk Main

Shit boss. It was pretty clear that this crap would be zergable considering the bad loot. Survived the whole fight quite easily as ranged - as melee I was basically instant down due to the amount of retards standing around.