Will old raid debuff stack?

Been curious about this, I haven't seen anything about it myself but I was wondering if the previous raid tier content will receive incremental nerfs like the raids in Cata, or is it just the one time 10%?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure it will stay the same. In cata it was a one time 30% nerf. Icc is where they had the stacking nerf.
    The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
    H. L. Mencken

i believe the plan is to not nerf old raid content. That's what raid finder is for.

Thanks for the info! I believe Dragon soul did have the stacking nerf though, I do remember it being an instant 30% to BWD and BoT.

Either way, this answers my question, so thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Mindyourbaal View Post
    I'm pretty sure it will stay the same. In cata it was a one time 30% nerf. Icc is where they had the stacking nerf.
    and dragon soul which escalated from 5% to 35% over time.

but I think if they're planning to not release new dungeons this xpack, they'll probably nerf t14 yet again once we get another new raid (5.4?). but otherwise it'll probably stay this one time 10% nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by theKarn View Post
    i believe the plan is to not nerf old raid content. That's what raid finder is for.
    Pretty sure they nerfed T14 by 10% already. At least they said they were going to.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

They did nerfed T14 by exactly 10%. They were going to gradually nerf T14 like they did Dragonsoul but instead opted out and instead just used the item upgrade system (which imo failed miserably). For 5.2 they applied the same debuff they used in Dragonsoul but only at 10% and a blue post later said it won't gradually increase like it did in Dragonsoul. This does not mean it won't go to 15-35% in the future, it just means it won't be the same monthly nerfs like Dragonsoul. It is entirely possible it could go to 15% or higher ... or stay at 10% till the next expansion, I guess it depends on how blizzard sees progression.
    Last edited by Raone; 2013-03-10 at 04:00 AM.

I think Blizz assumes the massive item level jumps from tier to tier will in essence, nerf the old tiers. In addition to the 10%, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by theKarn View Post
    They already nerfed tier 14 by 10%...

Also, LFR has no relevance to this, in Blizzard's eyes.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu