Poll: Would you consider cannibalism if it meant survival

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Would you ever consider cannibalism if it required to survive?

Hypothetically speaking say you've been stuck in a room for weeks with no way out and rescue will not be there by the time you starve to death... unless you eat the remaining of a preserved human body lying in the middle of the room. By eating the human body, you stall the time till rescue gets here, if they get here. If you don't you will die from starvation before rescue comes. You have access to water so we can exclude that as an issue.

What if you aren't sure whether rescue might come? Would you prolong it even then?

What would you do? Would you consider cannibalism to fight for your life?
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2013-03-09 at 12:22 AM.

I wouldn't hesitate at all. In fact, I surely wouldn't have waited weeks.

Deleted
    Supposed to taste like pork, so thats a yes from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I wouldn't hesitate at all. In fact, I surely wouldn't have waited weeks.
    well damn, i would at least until there might be no hope since you can survive without food for a few weeks

15+ Year Old Account
    Obviously yes i would, if it means survival it would be stupid not to.

Deleted
    I would consider cannibalism just to expand my culinary horizon.

Only if the other person is cute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rationally cannibalism is the proper choice. But I think if I was actually in the situation, I wouldnt be able to do it, unless driven completely mad by hunger.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    well damn, i would at least until there might be no hope since you can survive without food for a few weeks
    I don't see why. I see nothing morally ambiguous about eating someone's that's already dead. I'm not losing all my muscle mass if I can avoid it!

Deleted
    Well, cannibalism is an ethical issue. It's completely natural, but frowned upon.
    Yes, I would.
    My bro has changed my iPhone settings so when I type 'yes' it changes to no, the little wanker.

Yes. I wouldn't kill someone for the sole purpose of eating them to survive, but I'd have no qualms with eating human flesh to survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    I don't really mind feeling hungry (when I'm absorbed by something I can go days without eating anything), nor do I feel like I'd want to stay alive if I'd be stuck in a room alone for weeks, but I don't find the thought of cannibalism in a scenarion like that particularly disgusting. Killing and eating someone is a very different matter, even with your life at stake, uncertain how I feel about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post

Last last last resort for me. Even then I would hesitate.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Considering that:
    a) survival instinct is very strong in humans.
    b) hunger drives anyone crazy

yes.
    but I probably would feel guilty/ashamed after

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think most people would, Ofcourse noone can actually say if they would because you can't imagine that situation, but i can imagine basic human instinct to survive would push you too it, I would kill another human if it came down to one of us, so if you can kill, you better be prepared to prepare it and eat it

Or is that only normal food rules?

15+ Year Old Account
    Morals or being disgusted by something both fade fast when faced with imminent death. I wouldn't hesitate and eat the person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't see why. I see nothing morally ambiguous about eating someone's that's already dead. I'm not losing all my muscle mass if I can avoid it!
    Can't forget them muscle gains while trapped. Be sure to inhale your protein farts to maximize gains.

I'm already a cannibal, just ask my girlfriend.

*Badum-tsssh*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I'm already a cannibal, just ask my girlfriend.

*Badum-tsssh*
    I was waiting for someone to drop this. XD

i dunno it would be touch and go with me, raw it would be pretty gut wrenching, i actually don't even know if i could keep it down, i don't think my gut reflex would handle it.