Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

The Deep Web and You.

I've heard a lot about the "deep web" and I've always been curious about it. Never had the balls to download TOR and browse the Wiki though.

I'm not going to post the picture with the levels of the web, because 70% of the picture is bullshit (Location of Atlantis etc.) But I know the 30% consists of some incredibly weird stuff, including a real life "Fight Club" where people bid money on humans vs animal predators.

I was just wondering as to whether anyone actually uses the "deep web" and what they do on it/what they browse? And if possible, any screenshots available?

ITT: The deep web discussion.

Deleted
    ITT: People dumb enough to tell they go on Deep web

>deep web discussion
    You must be new. Also cancer. Please leave.

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-03-10 at 03:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    >deep web discussion
    You got the URL wrong. This isn't /b/.

The deep web is where people buy drugs(among other things) with bitcoins and TOR.
    >deep web discussion
    This isn't a mailing list or a board where ">" is for quoting, I suggest using the built-in quoting feature.

Deleted
    No, I stay away from that shit. I am not risking my career or possibly jailtime by lurking in the deepweb. neither should you!

Deleted
    What are you 10?

No offense, but DW isn't exactly new - i use it time to time, and while parts of it are legitimate and dandy... Other sections would make you weep.

But no, we wont show you how to use it - we wont show you what's in it. And i'd recommend just to forget about it, the novelty of a subsection of the internet falls off in roughly 3 hours...

*Edit, just saw your question of what you use it for - i used it for books, and the like. And for exchanging them, it's why i have a massive sci-fi collection! I haven't touched it for like... 5/6 months though, don't plan too either - i can magnet what i really need

10+ Year Old Account
    Went exploring on the armory (weapon dealing) and silk road (the very well known drug marketplace) there is also wiki's on hacking and other malicious activities, there are some pages about how to make explosives and stuff too which i looked around on

It's not really as good as i thought / people told me, but it was kinda interesting
    Last edited by Sound911; 2013-03-10 at 03:36 PM.

Deleted
    >deep web discussion
    Epic meme arrow bro XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD <<

But to OP, from what I've heard it's not a cool place. Well.. depends on what you like. If you want drugs, illegal weapons or cheese pizza then that's for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    What are you 10?

No offense, but DW isn't exactly new - i use it time to time, and while parts of it are legitimate and dandy... Other sections would make you weep.

But no, we wont show you how to use it - we wont show you what's in it. And i'd recommend just to forget about it, the novelty of a subsection of the internet falls off in roughly 3 hours...
    I know what it is, I know how to use it. I just wanted to spark up an interesting discussion about it.

It's the internet equivalent of walking through dark alleys. The first few times you do it it's all interesting and fun, but after that it's just a novelty that you leave for the people who actually use it. I'm glad it's up and it gives the internet a bit more personality, makes shit interesting, but I can't be bothered to giggle over how illegal it is anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    I know what it is, I know how to use it. I just wanted to spark up an interesting discussion about it.
    There's nothing interesting to it, it's mostly illegal (the content in the abject majority) and the rest is either shady - or you exchange stuff on the various markets (Like ebooks, and someone mentioned silkroad)

But seriously, i would never compromise a career like rich said by using it - it's largely why i stopped 5/6 months ago, that and the novelty fell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by That Feel View Post
    Epic meme arrow bro XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD <<

But to OP, from what I've heard it's not a cool place. Well.. depends on what you like. If you want drugs, illegal weapons or cheese pizza then that's for you.
    Yeah. I'm not interested in any of that. I'm interested in learning about (not using) the Bitcoin side of it and what else there is on there. If that makes sense?

Yeah. I'm not interested in any of that. I'm interested in learning about (not using) the Bitcoin side of it and what else there is on there. If that makes sense?
    You don't have to use the deep web to use bitcoins, I pay for quite a few things with bitcoins that are legitimate companies with legitimate services.

Deleted
    If you're interested in it, just use it. SWAT ain't gonna come bustin' in your door cause you're on TOR. Just don't share anything you find and be a decent human being on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    You don't have to use the deep web to use bitcoins, I pay for quite a few things with bitcoins that are legitimate companies with legitimate services.
    I heard most transactions involving Bitcoins goes on there. I also thought it was an illegal currency?

I heard most transactions involving Bitcoins goes on there.
    Because it's an extremely hard to trace currency, the same reason people do face-to-face drug deals in paper money instead of giving them their debit card.
    I also thought it was an illegal currency?
    No.*
    It might be illegal depending on where you live, and gambling for bitcoins is a legal gray area.
    I'm not a lawyer.
    Last edited by Lassira; 2013-03-10 at 03:45 PM.

Deleted
    I heard most transactions involving Bitcoins goes on there. I also thought it was an illegal currency?
    Just, just impossible to trace, hence why they are used for illegal activities instead of using Paypal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    Because it's an extremely hard to trace currency, the same reason people do face-to-face drug deals in paper money instead of giving them their debit card.
    Good analogy. Surely it's in a "gray" area as it isn't a recognized currency?

Second rule of the deep web:
    Don't talk about the deep web