Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    you forget something: no one ever wanted blood fear, gateway, KJC or anything mop brought. If we are allready not well made for pvp do we deserve to have our pros nerfed since the whole revamp was a fiasco pvp wise?

Also, who cryied for the loss of BF? 1550 heroes? Battleground gladiators? Weekend warriors? Spamable fear was the better choice even in 5.1.
    I can only agree with this post. MoP added a lot of gimmicky abilities to the warlock arsenal that made them OP or borderline useless. The base of these spells was made in a way that you could never really "balance" them without someone biting the dust (e.g. Chaos Bolt)

Also, who cryied for the loss of BF? 1550 heroes? Battleground gladiators? Weekend warriors? Spamable fear was the better choice even in 5.1.
    no I don't forget it I just think it's frustrating to see the devs trying to fix bad design and all most people do is defend said bad design instead of trying to help fix it. you bring a big group of people that are only against the changes being done instead of making all those people focus on trying to push a better solution.

and if you think only 1550 rated warlocks took blood fear I can only laugh at how wrong you are.

Well I saw all affli locks tops with full mastery, but in vs or 2s saw haste better, good burst+control, Thats why I was wondering about that. I think I should go full mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrenka View Post
    Current pvp gear itemization allows for 4717 haste with full mastery, mastery/hit and int/mastery gemming.

You aren't going to see much difference between gemming full mastery or full haste in pvp, as you would if you gemmed for secondary stats vs pvp power or res.
    seems weird to go for 4717 haste without the 5% buff. the only tick that would make sense grabbing is the agony one at 5320 unbuffed.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    seems weird to go for 4717 haste without the 5% buff. the only tick that would make sense grabbing is the agony one at 5320 unbuffed.
    I get the 5% buff when i play . Sorry I didnt make it apparent.

no I don't forget it I just think it's frustrating to see the devs trying to fix bad design and all most people do is defend said bad design instead of trying to help fix it. you bring a big group of people that are only against the changes being done instead of making all those people focus on trying to push a better solution.

and if you think only 1550 rated warlocks took blood fear I can only laugh at how wrong you are.
    '
    Fixing bad design is one thing, completely screwing over a whole class just for the sake of "balance" is NOT fine. They nerf our gateway, remove our passive damage reduction and make us not able to cast fear while moving and remove the UA refresh from Fel flame. And what "buff" have we gotten to compensate in return? Baseline Howl of terror? Shadowflame? These are not enough buffs to even out the nerfs we are going to be receiving, as it is already in arena at the 2.2k+ Bracket locks are already squishy and easily killed by cleaves, gateway abuse is the only way you can hope to survive against most of these mongoloid comps. With these changes their will literally be no chance against most cleaves.

So sorry if you think us "group of players" are trying to defend a bad design but it's literally the only thing keeping warlocks afloat at the moment.

You should be gemming all mastery, it's the best stat atm for Destro and Affliction in pvp.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...addyx/advanced if you're wondering which exact gems to use.

icecoldsir

I always was wondering how u guys can get that rating in 2s with a healer, I mean with enemys dps + heal, how u guys can do it well, I tried with a resto druid, and was kinda boring bcuz with another team dps+heal arenas took toooo long.

Maybe is there a "trick" that I don't know.

What he meant is that players above 1.5k despised Blood Fear, because it was a nooby talent which's only "skillful" use was interrupting casts.

Deleted
    What he meant is that players above 1.5k despised Blood Fear, because it was a nooby talent which's only "skillful" use was interrupting casts.
    Actually, if you watched any high rated streams you could see the importance of a castable fear. Blood fear was op in 5.0 when people could insta fear you and wipe with CB/CW. Once everyone got gear, started gemming ressilience and gameplay shifted more from insta gibing in a stun into a bit slower paced gameplay everyone saw the importance of having an on-demand fear. The only time blood fear really shined was RBGs (which were a joke at the beginning of xpac) and the blizz Shangai tournament which was nothing more than a joke balance wise.

But yeah, a large portion of players hated blood fear for being a complete noob friendly spell.

they just play until their opponents leave

Quote Originally Posted by MonitoWoW View Post
    icecoldsir

I always was wondering how u guys can get that rating in 2s with a healer, I mean with enemys dps + heal, how u guys can do it well, I tried with a resto druid, and was kinda boring bcuz with another team dps+heal arenas took toooo long.

Maybe is there a "trick" that I don't know.
    Honestly we just screw around, we dont even use skype lol. Mostly it's just getting good CC chains, with Fear/coil/Clone/Bear stun/Knockback. Most games only last a few minutes with the pressure my demon soul and his Heart of the wild do when their lined up correctly. Good CC is what wins 90% of our games though.

they just play until their opponents leave
    Dont see why games would last that long unless you're undergeared or just not that skilled.

useful guide...needs updating as far as the stat priority goes.

Ok so a few weeks have passed and no compensation for the Fel armor nerf, no AV changes, and the devs have been all but silent. I still get the feeling both Fel flame damage and demo pve damage will get the nerfbat "effectively putting the nail in the demo PvP coffin" but what I'm wondering is are they done with the main lock mechanic changes and just waiting on the number tuning? Or does anyone think we still have some changes coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidious View Post
    Ok so a few weeks have passed and no compensation for the Fel armor nerf, no AV changes, and the devs have been all but silent. I still get the feeling both Fel flame damage and demo pve damage will get the nerfbat "effectively putting the nail in the demo PvP coffin" but what I'm wondering is are they done with the main lock mechanic changes and just waiting on the number tuning? Or does anyone think we still have some changes coming?
    I think it's a little too early to say their done with the changes to locks just yet, if I recall (might be wrong) they said they were plan on buffing our DoT dmg to compensate for KJC nerf for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    I think it's a little too early to say their done with the changes to locks just yet, if I recall (might be wrong) they said they were plan on buffing our DoT dmg to compensate for KJC nerf for pvp.
    Buffing dot damage is nice for affliction and all but there is still 2 other specs that seem to always be overlooked from a PvP perspective. Not to mention that AV and soul link are 2 talents that can easily be reworked. Going back to old school soul link would help after the Fel armor nerf "I still think Fel armor needs a +healing buff to compensate for battle fatigue" and AV could just become a stronger passive "10-15%" without the active portion and I think locks would be in a better place at that point without becoming OP.

Deleted
    Anyone watched the tournament yesterday? All lock teams got obliterated, like they could put no pressure at all.

Anyone watched the tournament yesterday? All lock teams got obliterated, like they could put no pressure at all.
    I had to work so I didn't get a chance to. Do you have a link? If its posted on YouTube yet that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidious View Post
    I had to work so I didn't get a chance to. Do you have a link? If its posted on YouTube yet that is.
    Basically it was melee/hunter cleaves tearing warlocks up over and over again. Quite depressing to watch actually.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Basically it was melee/hunter cleaves tearing warlocks up over and over again. Quite depressing to watch actually.
    Why am I not surprised by this?