Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Small interposed question: For how much do they sell on different people's server currently?

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    You know this for a fact? Then I am done farming for it, there's atleast 40 people at every rare kill and I get the lootbug 9 out of 10 times so I have 0 chance to get it. That's some terrible design if it's actually true.
    They are getting the same bug the blue commented about. Ive experienced the actual bug while killing some rares with my wife where I saw her loot but couldnt take it (not the book but other items). If it was simply being the fastest to loot half the time you wouldnt even see the book as your talking about looking at it in a small window of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Small interposed question: For how much do they sell on different people's server currently?
    I bought one for 75k. 2 rares later my own dropped so I just resold it for 80k. However the AH price is around 140k on kazzak eu

A better implementation would have been to borrow from the Benediction quest. Have the players acquire the Tome from a semi rare method (5-10% drop from 5 man dungeons bosses). Once the Warlock gets the Tome, they have to unlock the tome by acquiring several 1-3% drop items from any mob on Isle of Thunder (make it 5 or something). Once the Tome is unlocked, we talked to our demons, and the rest goes from there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    So your thought is correct but the blue who can see the data is wrong? I find it more likely that there is a bug like they say where you are seeing other loots (I know this does happen as ive seen my wifes loot on the rare when ive opened it and couldnt loot it).

Honestly its a cosmetic item, I really want it, but I also want many other things which never seem to drop for me, mounts, pets, rare flavor items etc. Give it time and you will likely get it. If it was something easily obtainable you would all be complaining that you dont feel unique anyway. Atleast its tradeable, which means in a few more weeks it will be more common as more people get it when they no longer need it.
    Yeah GM's are known for their knowledge of the game, if it was a display bug, and loot was personal, that would mean there should have been a time where people saw more then 1 drop at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Yeah GM's are known for their knowledge of the game, if it was a display bug, and loot was personal, that would mean there should have been a time where people saw more then 1 drop at a time.
    And how do you know that never happened? Because noone reported it?

Deleted
    I killed 20 rares and it dropped 2 times.
    i sold one for 70k

I bought mine for 11k

With regards to "Reactions" post, i was the warlock who killed my first rare "mumta" and got the drop.

shocking thing last night is : i went back to kill Mumta again, for the 2nd time, and lo and behold, the warlock quest tome dropped for me again....My fellow warlock was shocked and couldnt believe it. I did what i could only do, send it to him and a happy lock he is

To be honest as much as it is selling for i am tempted to just sell one for 100k or something if I do end up getting. xD

125 rares killed now. This really is a joke. Nothing should be THIS rng just for a cosmetic change. This is the worst case of RNG ive ever encountered in the game and ive played since TBC.

Im in the 100s lost count they need to make valor tomes sellable or boa or something feels like a waste to delete so many and those of you that say they cant complete the quest because of ilvl make me sad panda theres tons of 470-490 locks on forums saying they downed it. Try harder guys im 483 ilvl and when/if i get my tome to drop im getting it even if it takes forever its about being the master of your class not your gear even saw a blue post saying it was about knowing your spells and timing not dps.

Keep on trucking fellow brothers of darkness well get our green fire and be cooler than the others!

and does anyone know if the crystal of insanity is better than a flask 500 to all stats

Deleted
    Blizz have said it will be slow to start with then later on they will up the drop rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    The official armory classifies the drop rate as "Low", which I've estimated by comparing several items to Wowhead's droprate tables to a value between 5 and 20 percent, which in my case must mean that I have terrible luck, as I killed over 80 rares to get it. That or the armory is wrong.

Click signature for main character's armory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    125 rares killed now. This really is a joke. Nothing should be THIS rng just for a cosmetic change. This is the worst case of RNG ive ever encountered in the game and ive played since TBC.
    I feel you mate, I have somewhat 125-150 kills now too... and no luck...

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally broke down and bought one at 3AM off a friend who got a drop. I got fed up. I'll be killing Kanrethad soon hopefully.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

got my 5th one today. 2 warlocks in the lise one already had it gave it to the other lock he tipped me 1k

I'm on a really high pop server so I had to spend several days staking out times that the rares spawned... between which time frames people were least likely to be on and the times the opposite faction seemed to have more player activity to minimize being ganked cause people made it a sport on my server to gank locks trying for the quest drop. I used to announce when the rares were up in general but by Monday I was so fed up between it dropping and not being fast enough to click and getting ganked before I could loot that I would just solo them, after about the fifth rare solo'd it finally dropped. I got REALLY lucky no one showed up when it dropped... usually you can count on at least 6-7people showing up by the tail end. Guess the RNG gods were in a good mood at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't pay more than 500g for one... I guess I just don't give as much a shit about green fire than most.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Boy the only thing in wow i farmed that hard and never got was the battered hilt. Fuck that sword.