Critical strike and fire spec

I've read a few different forums and have found multiple answers. I thought I'd create s thread and flat out ask.
    SELF BUFFED ONLY - What is the percentage of crit I need in order for fire to be better than what I am currently doing as frost. 115 - 150k depending on the fight.
    Again this is self buffed with Molten Armor and Arcane Brilliance only.
    I'm looking for a "pre critical mass" percent.

Thank you all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard 30 - 35% depending on your comfort level. Good luck!
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

I am going to try it tomorrow with some new gear I got. Self buffed, I am just at 33%. I am hoping the HU streaks are better in actual raid than they are on the bloody dummy though.

I am getting much lower numbers as fire than as frost, but I do understand raid situations are different. I am just looking for a good crit amount to try fire out.
    I don't want to switch over if my crit is too low because I'm doing fine as frost, but I know fire scales and will probably be superb.

Deleted
    Right now i can get 10k crit rating(~34% self buff). And tbh it is a little on the low side, if i go RNG god, then i beat frost numbers(just barely) if not im easily 30-60k dps behind frost.

We are on durumu right now, and that is the only reason i am still fire, ill go back to frost when he is down, and then gear up a bit more so i can reach 38%+ and then go fire.
    What i can say for sure is that 30-35% crit is not going to cut it. it is not consistent enough, were as frost is up there every time, fire is only up there 1/3 of the time.

my main spec is fire, and i really dont like frost that much. But i play what ever i see do best, and right now i need more crit to make fire viable.

As of right now with the current bomb buffs I would personally go arcane or frost until you can manage 34% crit with just molten armor and AI.

Arcane requires more effort and knowledge of the fights to do well. Frost is pretty forgiving and straight forward.

Deleted
    I'm currently running fire with ~11000 crit rating and I'm sure I'm outperforming frost on most fights. I haven't played frost on any fight since Illidan back in BC and I'm not going to start now, even with lower crit fire is on par with frost if you play it properly. If you're not completely sure about fire and you're not as experienced as fire then you should indeed stay frost until you reach a higher amount of crit since like Zavri mentioned frost is pretty forgiving and fucking up a couple of times is not going to destroy your dps.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've managed to acquire about 33% crit self buffed. It doesn't seem to cut the edge, but it's really getting there. It's not good enough, but I can't complain either.