Deleted

After a Break - troubles choosing class

Hello everyone!

I'm thinking about coming back to WoW after a 5 month break to play with a group of friends.
    The thing is.. Me and my friends are very competitive with our DPS. One of them is Mage and the other is Warlock. I was thinking about roling Monk but some say Monk isn't competitive with Lock and Mage who top the meters every single time... Is Monk unable to DPS on par with Mages and Locks? Gotta think about all kinds of fights too, with disconects from the boss etc..

What do you think? If not monk, is there a class who can keep up with Mage and Lock competitively?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzter View Post
    Hello everyone!

I'm thinking about coming back to WoW after a 5 month break to play with a group of friends.
    The thing is.. Me and my friends are very competitive with our DPS. One of them is Mage and the other is Warlock. I was thinking about roling Monk but some say Monk isn't competitive with Lock and Mage who top the meters every single time... Is Monk unable to DPS on par with Mages and Locks? Gotta think about all kinds of fights too, with disconects from the boss etc..

What do you think? If not monk, is there a class who can keep up with Mage and Lock competitively?

Thanks
    Monks are very competetive. Especially with their new ability that makes them quite good for cleaving and AoE, adding in their arsenal of crowdcontrols and damage reduction cooldowns they are excellent for DPS (Touch of Karma says hello )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dumkin View Post
    Monks are very competetive. Especially with their new ability that makes them quite good for cleaving and AoE, adding in their arsenal of crowdcontrols and damage reduction cooldowns they are excellent for DPS (Touch of Karma says hello )
    I gotta say, I usually follow simulationcraft and World of Logs and thats one of the reasons i got a bit confused xD
    Patchwerk style fight Monk has proven to be very competitive but as we know there are no such fights anymore.. thats why I am hesitant to go on with Monk.. In World of Logs we can see Locks multi-doting like hell on fights like Council of Elders, etc.. while Monks and other classes have to ST.. obviously thats not a fair parse but still.. Tell me more about that cleaving.. Nice on fights like Elegon with the add at his side xD .. but what if there's like 5-6 targets like on Wind Master? What about scaling? according with simulationcraft a 14H Monk is a bit behind mages and locks and only catches up with 15H.. is the scaling on the site right?

If you want to be competitive with your DPS in long run, its not wise to choose class with only one dps spec.
    Also its better to choose class which community is whining even when that class is topping dps metters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasya111 View Post
    If you want to be competitive with your DPS in long run, its not wise to choose class with only one dps spec.
    Also its better to choose class which community is whining even when that class is topping dps metters.
    So you're saying he should roll Mage right?