Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fistweaving sucks.

Jin'rokh, horridon, council of elders = good for Fistweaving

but the other things.. it would be better to mistweaving .

All WOL rankers did just mistweaving :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by appraiser View Post
    Jin'rokh, horridon, council of elders = good for Fistweaving

but the other things.. it would be better to mistweaving .

Healing is better when you're healing rather than focussing your chi on damage?

How surprising!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    Healing is better when you're healing rather than focussing your chi on damage?

How surprising!
    If there was a downvote button...

Anyways, this was the problem with the revamp - there is no place for fistweaving when it should be just an alternative healing lifestyle with equal healing potential for all.

So when you don't get a crazy dmg buff and as a result a healing buff and have to smart heal rather then let the game do a lot of the work for you it is harder...... odd. Seriously I know there is a difference between fistweaving and mist but it isn't so much you are gimped if you have to switch out of it. If you feel you are then maybe a monk isn't the healing class for you.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post

Anyways, this was the problem with the revamp - there is no place for fistweaving when it should be just an alternative healing lifestyle with equal healing potential for all.
    What's to downvote? Blizzard has outright stated Fistweaving should be 50% of the healing of actual mistweaving. There are going to be fights where Fistweaving is not an option, just like there are fights atonement is not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    What's to downvote? Blizzard has outright stated Fistweaving should be 50% of the healing of actual mistweaving. There are going to be fights where Fistweaving is not an option, just like there are fights atonement is not an option.
    And still discs use atoment to heal on all fights since they gain a healing buff to all healing. Where fistweavers dont gain anything. And discs dps is not bad eaither not really uotp par wiht a fistweaver but not far behind eaither

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by appraiser View Post
    I think everyone just give WoL parses too much importance.
    It's cool to have your name there, but as long as you defeat the encounters doing your best, numbers doesn't matter.
    This game is about co-op, not personal glory

Deleted

You'd what, press a button to bury his opinion like that shithole of a site reddit? There's a place for fistweaving just like there's a place for atonement

10+ Year Old Account
    lets hope not, im going fistweaving for the first time tonight up against horridon

i know not to expect my usual healing numbers, but i think ive become a solution to the question 'should we bring 2 or 3 healers?'

60k dps seems to be that nice halfway mark between having another dps and not having one

They never said it's supposed to be equal, you just made that up. And it IS an alternative way of healing, because people can use it everytime when more healing isn't required (e.g. outgearing 5mans) or if bosses have a damage debuff on semselfes that boosts eminence healing. Doing dps while healing the same as mistweaving isn't an alternative way of healing, it would be the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska View Post
    They never said it's supposed to be equal, you just made that up.
    Not only did they never say it's supposed to be equal, they said it's supposed to be not equal.

Fistweaving as a general tool (meaning absent any fight-specific damage boosters) is going to be most useful in 10-mans, where there is a very real likelihood of your group being in a situation where two healers is not enough healing and three healers is not enough damage. I don't anticipate it getting much play in 25-man, where the difference between 5, 6, and 5.5 healers is much less significant.

So no, fistweaving doesn't "suck" - it's just highly situational, based on both the fight and your group's needs. I'd rather have the tool than not have the tool, but you won't ever be in a situation where it's doing as much healing as a dedicated healer and putting out non-negligible damage.

Well i was trying full fistweaving today. I didnt do anything else then jab-TP wiht ZS up. And when we wiped (yes we wiped but at low %) I checked logs and did see our disc priest did more atoment dps then me full time fistweaving and the disc priest was WAAAAY ahead of me in healing. Dont seem how that is fair in anyway.

Thats a big problem. Why didnt they change disc then also to not do that much healing by atoment healing? Or even do so much dps they do?

In practice, I only 100% full fistweave doing dungeons or trash. SCK + the BoK buffs w/ muscle memory are useful for this (much less important situations).

I raid 10man, and we have yet to have a situation to where a half healer / half DPS would be preferred.

So, in raiding situations I only fistweave when the mechanics make it a good raw healing boost -- i.e. Recklessness on Blade Lord, of Horridon when the damage taken debuff, etc. So, I think it's best to still use it selectively like in 5.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutiedeath View Post
    I think everyone just give WoL parses too much importance.
    It's cool to have your name there, but as long as you defeat the encounters doing your best, numbers doesn't matter.
    This game is about co-op, not personal glory
    It's not about personal glory, it's about figuring out whether what you're doing is working or not. You can think you're the most cooperative team player of all time, but if you're not pulling your weight and doing your job and you're still killing bosses, someone else is propping you up. That, or you might be the reason it takes 20 wipes to defeat an encounter instead of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson View Post
    It's not about personal glory, it's about figuring out whether what you're doing is working or not.
    And healer logs aren't particularly helpful in doing that. Even if you have 70% of the healing of the rest of your healers, if your healing happens at the times when it's most important, you're doing your job.

10+ Year Old Account

Wow what a shitstorm over my post.

1. The downvote comment was in reference to "Healing is better when you're healing rather than focussing your chi on damage?" when its got nothing to do with the issue present by the OP and is not helpful. Yes we got a more than significant damage buff, but honestly if I wanted to do damage I'd be a Windwalker - I want an alternative healing style that satisfied my love for melee combat at the same time.

2. I should of bolded the word "should". Yes I know it was what was intended, but I believe its a bad design choice because who wants a half a healer? You cant rock up to a guild saying "im a fistweaver" because they will feel gimped by losing half a healer or half the damage you are outputting. Yes its great for 5 mans or overgeared content and even soloing content - but in a raid environment you filling the shoes of half a player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fist weaving just doesn't flow properly. It feels clunky and repetitive, and really needs something to make it feel more intuitive and fluid. Jab being so punishing mana-wise makes it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Fist weaving just doesn't flow properly. It feels clunky and repetitive, and really needs something to make it feel more intuitive and fluid. Jab being so punishing mana-wise makes it worse.
    /castsequence Reset=4 Jab,Tiger Palm

/castsequence Reset=4 Spinning Crane Kick,Tiger Palm

you can make the reset whatever you want. This has made fistweaving so much easier for me. I just spam the appropriate button while weaving in things like RM and Surging Mist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evermynd View Post
    /castsequence Reset=4 Jab,Tiger Palm

/castsequence Reset=4 Spinning Crane Kick,Tiger Palm

you can make the reset whatever you want. This has made fistweaving so much easier for me. I just spam the appropriate button while weaving in things like RM and Surging Mist.
    I'm sure spamming the same button over and over will remedy his feelings of repetitiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, I can understand why they increased the cost - but i think the mana returns from Muscle Memory have to be higher to compensate for situations when you cant tunnel.