Poll: should there be a better reward system for players participating in The Tribunal?

Thread: The Tribunal

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

The Tribunal

does anyone think that there needs (or would like) to see some incentive to go along with your rating/rank? im not sure that awarding rp/ip is the best route to go as then people would feel inclined or "forced" (i hate this word really) to participate but do you think they should better reward the people who are committed to it?

when they first gave the tribunal a makeover and did away with the ip reward and gave it a ranking/rating system i can honestly say my interest was piqued and i did quite a bit of reviewing. i believe i got up to around rank 400 or so and averaged about a 92% accuracy score. however over time it seemed like it was taking longer and longer to wade thru the mess and i soon began to feel that on top of it taking anywhere from 30-1 hour it also didnt feel like the numerous amount of people i had helped permaban and suspend was really doing any good.

now before people start thinking im just a whiner and feel like i should be entitled to something id like to say that i in fact am not. im merely asking if people think there should be some sort of reward system for people who continue to participate in the tribunal? maybe a skin reward? a colored ribbon? anyone else got any suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    A skin or two could be interesting. Honestly the only reason I'll ever do tribunal is to have a laugh (while still appropriately judging) due to the amount of incessant insults used, you never see that in real life so it makes for a good comedic event.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    The Tribunal is incredibly boring. I already mod in one place, I sure as hell won't go "mod" in another site, even if there's a reward. Lol.

Assuming there is a reward though, I don't think it should be a skin or something as big as that, because if there is, it's like forcing a person to go to the Tribunal and they aren't really that clear headed because they are thinking "SKIN! SKIN! SKIN!". It needs to be a reward like an avatar, like the Halloween's or Christmas' ones, nothing too big.

So yeah, an avatar as a reward wouldn't be too bad for those that frequent the Tribunal and are right most of the time when voting.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way I see it, is that if you put a reward on doing the tribunal, it becomes something that can get you things rather than a way to correct/punish play behavior. The only reason I ever did the old tribunal is because it gave me some IP on the side. So it kind of takes away from it.

Perhaps something like a forum badge or a in game ribbon would be appropriate. Though, if you had the tribunal ribbon I could only imagine the amount of grief you would get from angry people.

Deleted
    I've stopped doing Tribunal some time ago. Why? Because even if someone deserves pardon, it's punished anyway. People are bots that click "PUNISH!" in every case

Deleted
    Maybe,but after reaching like some streak/rating or something,so that people won't abuse it.
    I started doing tribunal from boredom few days ago now at like ~40 cases,all right except 1 which was pardoned and I skip some when I can't decide.
    Anyway I do read chat logs and stuff,but really 95% of cases do deserve a ban,sometimes I think when I'm going to get case that I can pardon,because there are that much assholes in this game.

''Noob''
    ''OMG nooooobbssssss''
    '' Fecker ''
    '' Uninstall the game pls''
    '' go die of cancer u noob ''

This is usually how most of my 20 tribunal cases go , while you can say that people are just bots that spam punish , i hardly ever find a case were i consider it to be pardon ( except for someone not trollbuilding and then feeding 20 deaths ) i will never report someone for going like 6/12 or having a bad game , but things like i pasted above are just insta punish for me.

I play this game to relax and if i can get a flamer off the game , even though i know there are 20 new ones in the meantime , then i take that chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    A ribbon, skin would be interesting.

or maybe even ward skins, permanent ward skins.

Deleted
    Tribunal should only be for gold or higher tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Why's that? I don't play ranked at all, so does that mean I can't tell when someone is breaking the rules?

OT: I'd like there to be something really worth it, because sometimes the things some people just say make me want to uninstall just so I never risk encountering them.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

So being Gold means you're not just gonna spam punish or you're smarter than everyone who isn't Gold? Sorry to say, but most Gold players I encounter, should end up in the Tribunal instead.. They're in no way capable of judging cases objectively.

OT: It'd be nice if there was an actual reward. I used to do the Tribunal fairly often, when they awarded IP. Now I only do it when I'm bored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Offering any "incentive" then makes it something people feel they "must" do.

The kind of people who feel that they need "ANY" incentive to take part in tribunal are the people that "SHOULDN'T" be taking part in tribunal.

Think about it for a minute. Do you want people doing tribunal just to get a reward or people doing tribunal to actually make the community better? Its a no brainer answer IMO. Offering any form of incentive at all would do nothing to make tribunal better and would only end up harming the system.
    Unless they tied it directly to performance on cases, or kept rewards tiered to percentiles of accuracy. We know they can track that data, it'd just be a step to tie something to it.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    If you feel you need a reward for trying to make the community of a game you play better there is an inherent issue in that. I take part in tribunal so I have to deal with less assholes and trolls in games. That is enough reward for me.
    I don't do it for a reward, but if they decided to do one again, they should tie it to performance so people don't abuse it. That's all I meant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tribunal is just there to help Riot deal with millions of players. They only need us because there are so many of us and it makes their job much easier opposed to how difficult that could be without the player help.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    So being Gold means you're not just gonna spam punish or you're smarter than everyone who isn't Gold? Sorry to say, but most Gold players I encounter, should end up in the Tribunal instead.. They're in no way capable of judging cases objectively.

OT: It'd be nice if there was an actual reward. I used to do the Tribunal fairly often, when they awarded IP. Now I only do it when I'm bored.
    And you think some random schmuck with very few battles under his belt can tell what is going on ? Not so sure.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 11:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    Why's that? I don't play ranked at all, so does that mean I can't tell when someone is breaking the rules?

OT: I'd like there to be something really worth it, because sometimes the things some people just say make me want to uninstall just so I never risk encountering them.
    I used to work part time at a school, lots of kids play LoL. They just spam through the tribunal clicking randomly because they know that they will get points for it. Some of them arent even 8 years old. Thats why having some kind of filter to who you let to vote might be in place.
    A fad is having multiple accounts for instance one for ap, one for adc and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you think some random schmuck with very few battles under his belt can tell what is going on ? Not so sure.
    Looking at my last 20 tribunal cases, about 15 of them are for harassment/language. You don't need to be diamond level to weed out those cussing out the other players.

I have 2500 battles under my belt... I'm not Gold, because I don't play that much ranked. Why should I not be allowed to participate in the Tribunal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Deleted
    So you need vast experience to notice someone cussing their head out at everyone or running ghost, revive and 30 wards with 0/20/0 stats? Get off your high horse, a lvl 15 player with 30 games under their belt has enough game knowledge to to the tribunal appropriately.

Deleted
    That statement, that only people with gold and higher should do tribunal cases is full of shit.
    I did already over 100 cases as player who never played ranked game and I have 98%+ accuracy on tribunal,so sup. Also in same tribunal cases I saw loads of ranked playing assholes who get banned daily, so that statement is just invalid,because you can't judge by someones game knowledge/competence by his rating in game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    So being Gold means you're not just gonna spam punish or you're smarter than everyone who isn't Gold? Sorry to say, but most Gold players I encounter, should end up in the Tribunal instead.. They're in no way capable of judging cases objectively
    Well. To be fair, Tribunal shouldn't be done (it doesn't) objectively. The whole point of it is to weed out what the majority of the community doesn't think belong in the community.

---------- Post added 2013-03-31 at 07:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    That statement, that only people with gold and higher should do tribunal cases is full of shit.
    I did already over 100 cases as player who never played ranked game and I have 98%+ accuracy on tribunal,so sup. Also in same tribunal cases I saw loads of ranked playing assholes who get banned daily, so that statement is just invalid,because you can't judge by someones game knowledge/competence by his rating in game.
    Well.. you can... it's just that Gold elo is still... well... trash. No offense to anyone.