Deleted

A quick question about Dark Animus-10

The icy-veins guide says you can charge the dead (electric) Large Anima Golems instead of the living ones. That would help, since if it's the case you can charge them with two Animated Golems each without them activating (since they're dead) whereas you can only charge the living ones with one AG without them activating.

Can anyone confirm this is the case?

Deleted
    I'm so confused as to what you're trying to do.

Either way, an easy way to kill it on 10m is to simply activate one Massive, spill every Animated Golem except for one into the Massive you activated. Take the last one to the Dark Animus Golem himself, pop it into him, pull him into the middle, Lust and laugh as he melts.

yes you can kill the small adds into the inactive large ones

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    yes you can kill the small adds into the inactive large ones
    I killed it on thursday night and we did do that for 2 of our adds.
    Progression 25h raiding Mon-Thurs 9PM - 12EST http://www.twitch.tv/cantoo Unholy/Blood DK.

When we got our kill we wanted to give ourselves as much time as possible on the Dark Animus before the Interrupting Bolt came into play, but without making it overly complicated. We filled up the 3 large inactive anima golems with 6 active small anima golems (2 each obviously) and then we took one massive and filled him up with the remaining active small anima golems and a few of the inactive small anima golems. It gave us plenty of time to kill the boss, and it never overwhelmed the tanks or healers.

We did the same as Vanden above. Each inactive large golem can soak 2 small golems, so we had our dps/heals funneling their golems into large inactives, with our tanks funneling their two into a massively, which we then killed into the 2nd massively. and soaked some more small golems til it was full. You don't really need the help of having 2 full massive ones, in normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrys View Post
    I'm so confused as to what you're trying to do.

Either way, an easy way to kill it on 10m is to simply activate one Massive, spill every Animated Golem except for one into the Massive you activated. Take the last one to the Dark Animus Golem himself, pop it into him, pull him into the middle, Lust and laugh as he melts.
    Massive Golem can contain 36 Anima, 11 out of 12 active golems = 44 anima. Your strat doesn't work mathematically.

Deleted
    Tons of ways you can work around it. However nearly all strats requires you to fill 1 massive golem up to 36/36. As the poster above me mentioned, you will need to dump 12 anima somewere else. 12 small active adds, gets 4 each, 12x4 = 48. - 36 from the massive, so 12 left. This can be:

1. In a inactive golem (Massive/2 Large/A mix of the two). All inactive small are already filled with 4/4.
    2. In a Large Golem+Inactive
    3. In a Massive Golem
    4. 8 in the above and 4 in boss.

Personally, we had 1 Massive @ 36/36, rest into inactive (However, he seemed to soak the inactive Anima azap when spawned), and used an inactive to trigger him.

Time Warp, burn.

We 3 healed. In the start, both tanks would take 2 adds each, and rest 1 - And 1 tank move on top of the massive and start killing those. 3 People would nuke their add fast into inactive golems (3 different, however that was under the assumption that he soaks all anima from inactive golems in start of p2), to ease some pressure. Massive got activated, and all other golems were low, waiting for the massive to be draggered over and kill the small adds.

Deleted
    Fight is pretty simple, but indeed takes a lot of time to figure positioning and stuff if you do not have any1 to help you. Took us more time asigning then actually doing the fight as it fell in 2 tries after we got it. Have tanks take 2(have in mind they will get raped for the duration they tank 2) and kill the tank ones first next to inactive large golem. We had only 3 inactive(intended?) and every1 in the raid tanking 1. 2 ranged dps helped on both tanks, while the remaining 2 dpsers that werent around killed the ones they tanked into the 3rd inactive. As soon as i was free from the 2 adds i got one from a mage(hes cloth no other reason) and tanked it next to massive one to activate it. Ran around and picked everysmall one one by one so no1 was tanking anymore, filled it up with inactives up to 36 and we released the boss. 3 Aoes happened, easy kill.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We had it positioned like this.

12 adds to start with 3 inactive large golems around the room. First 6 would be burned into the inactive leaving 6 left. Everybody else would get the 6 small ones they are tanking low. At that point our tank would taunt one of the low ones near the massive and activate it. Then proceed to run around the room taunting the low hp small ones that each raid member has been tanking. When all 5 of those are dead we kill 3 small inactive ones to cap out his energy at 36.

At that point we kill one small inactive next to Dark Animus, lust and burn the boss. There is 36 energy in the massive, 24 in the 3 larges and obviously 36 in the 9 inactive small adds we left untouched.

I can't remember how much anima he siphons but the idea is the less targets he has (by virtue of having anima stored in the largest capacity targets) the slower he obtains anima. We had 13 targets with anima in it so he obtained it at average pace.

He has really low health and if your DPS is good you should kill the boss at 3 of his large AoEs.

There are other ways to do this but this is by far one of the least complicated ways of doing it (barring just piling everything into one massive and not worrying about the large inactive golems). I wouldn't suggest that though unless your DPS is huge because you're going to have a lot of interupting jolts.

Deleted
    Thank you all for your answers.

Did nobody else just empty the tank's small adds into the inactive, then dump 1 into Dark Animus and pop lust to collect loot?

Obviously, this strat doesn't work on HC, but we killed him right at enrage in 10m this way. /shrug
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    However, he seemed to soak the inactive Anima azap when spawned
    Can anyone confirm or deny that?
    Does he soak all anima at once from inactive golems? Or it goes normally 1 anima per golem every 5sec?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootz View Post
    Massive Golem can contain 36 Anima, 11 out of 12 active golems = 44 anima. Your strat doesn't work mathematically.
    However, it did work. Multiple times. And we got our kill doing it.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ax...s=9840&e=10071

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrys View Post
    However, it did work. Multiple times. And we got our kill doing it.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ax...s=9840&e=10071
    not it didn't. when he caps at 36 anima, the leftover anima goes into inactive golems near you and you didn't noticed.

Deleted
    We are hitting this tonight and i want to be sure this strat works.

Step 1: Give each member of the raid one small add. Tanks 2 adds.
    Step 2: Tanks move to inactive medium adds and kill 2 adds nearby.
    Step 3: Use the remaining 8 alive small adds to fill 1 massive to 36 (one inactive small add required)
    Step 4: Use 1 inactive small add to activate boss
    Step 5: Burn boss.

Everything ok?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyla View Post

Step 3: Use the remaining 8 alive small adds to fill 1 massive to 36 (one inactive small add required)

Everything ok?

Yes, but you could use 2 more Adds to move the anima in another inactive large golem. There are 3 inactive large ones. Dark Animus would get his Anima slightly slower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyla View Post

Everything ok?
    Yeah, we did this the last two weeks and it went fine.