Resto - SotF haste question

What haste levels are people finding it best to target assuming you are using SotF instead of incarnation (i know this is still up for debate and fight dependant).

I know theres one around 2100 and one around 5300 for WG (sorry dont have exact numbers in front of me). I've also seen people say 3045 is still good as I think it gives tranq (and maybe even efflorescense) an extra tick.

I havne't used SotF before so I haven't been able to test but plan on switching to it for raid tonight. Anyone have any haste reforge advice from experience?

Thanks!

Well you'd never go to only 2109 for the SoTF WG - you'd always go at least to 3043 for rejuv/tranq hot.

The question is whether or not its worth it to go to 5437 haste for SoTF WG - its about a 7% gain on WG (going from 14 ticks to 15) - as well as the small perk of overall faster casts/gcd (though its minor considering nearly all are casts are at the GCD or less (rejuv))

2394 mastery (the difference between 5437 and 3043) is worth about 5% increased healing to all your heals. To me that seems stronger.
    However if you can get most of that 2394 rating from spirit, without hurting your regen too bad, that might be an option.

It seems like there's a lot of aoe damage this tier so the 5347 haste point may be worth it eventually. Further into the tier 6659 looks promising as well (WG9 without sotf and rejuv9 with sotf)
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2013-03-13 at 06:18 PM.

Perfect response, thanks Keiyra!! I was facepalming and thinkining 3043 was WG without SotF. Makes much more sense remembering its for rejuv and tranq. So definitely worth 3043. And WG is never big enough to justify 7% WG increase over 5% total increase...so I agree with your reasoning completely! Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Druover View Post
    Perfect response, thanks Keiyra!! I was facepalming and thinkining 3043 was WG without SotF. Makes much more sense remembering its for rejuv and tranq. So definitely worth 3043. And WG is never big enough to justify 7% WG increase over 5% total increase...so I agree with your reasoning completely! Thanks again!
    No problem, just remember to consider the spirit->haste option. If you snagged say, 1400 from spirit and only lost 1000 mastery, that brings em much closer. 2.08% overall from mastery lost. WG would need to be 30% or higher to break even, and on some fights with SoTF, ive gotten into the 35+% range from WG - just a thought. You'll have to look at your own gear, regen, and heal breakdown to see if its worth it for you.