Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    You shouldn't have told him that, now he's doing that on purpose to annoy you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    If you're saying you've been blunt, told him many times, and he's still doing stuff like calling you at odd hours and just turning up - even bringing strangers over to your house, tell him one more time politely that you do not want him on your property and that next time he steps on it you will call the police. Then do it. Maybe you think he's not understanding what you're saying, but he will understand a visit from the police.

Regardless of his personality or yours, of any past relationship you have, I don't really agree with the attitude and I don't really understand why you were friends in the first place, or how on earth an adult could not understand the things you're saying you've told him, but at the end of the day - you have a right to privacy on your own land and in your own home and none of the other factors are really relevant. If he refuses to respect your wishes - and the law - get the police involved.
    Thank you for that post. I can tell you that the reason why I befriended him in the first place was that I was going through a major depression and just needed someone to talk to. But that's not really what I wanted this thread to be about, I'm not a whiner. Just needed advice on this.

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 02:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    tell him to fuck off before you call the cops and get a restraining order

you can't get more blunt than that

you can say what you want, but no one likes just giving shit out for free

I'd feel like a leech if I never did anything for my friend who frequently buys pizza and beer.

Why? not liking someone is a good enough reason to avoid their company.

Do I sense alittle bit of understanding? Thanks

Give him one final polite warning that next time you'll call the police. Seems nothing else helps and if he continues then the police will handle him.

Have his number blocked. You can do this from some smartphones or by calling your carrier and possibly setting up a block with them.

As for the knocking on your door, if he comes over regularly and with any sort of predictability, line it up to where you have a friend over. Wait until he knocks on the door and have your friend answer. Have this friend say that they are the new resident and that you no longer live there. When and if he asks if they have your new address, just have them say they don't.

Problem solved.

Deleted
    so tell him you are very busy in life these days and cant afford being disturbed by people anymore making a living comes first you know sorry to see you go and i hope you have a good life. He keeps bothering you then you clearly say that you told him you cant have him around anymore it feels like stalking to you and he needs to stop with this now. If he keeps doing it after that call the police. Problem solved dont see why you needed to go here to figure this out. Talking to someone when lifes is tough and you feel like shit hardly makes you a whiner.

I don't have this problem, I only hang around with educated, intelligent people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't have this problem, I only hang around with educated, intelligent people.
    Can I hang with you man?! I'll bring beer.

10+ Year Old Account
    alot of it too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    alot of it too
    alot even..

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 03:15 PM ----------

Just linked this thread to my sister and she's laughing her ass off because people here really do not understand what kind of person I'm dealing with here

In most cases stopping all contact usually works as the other person usually gets the hint but in your case it didn't. Your going to have to find a way so that he gets the message somehow. You may want to try again but being more forceful that you no longer want to see him again. You might even have to possibly move as drastic as that sounds. You may also wish to start dealing with it. Maybe have a drink with him from time to time and other times politely say to him "Sorry I'm busy I can't socialize right now" and walk away. Was there anything you enjoyed his friendship with you?

I would agree there are a lot of stupid people out there as I have deal with them on a daily basis. But he may have a disability or may not have gotten a good education so there may be reasons behind it.

Stupid people wouldn't exist if Hitler was still around most likely.

Don't be a dick, then all the stupid people disappear from around you~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CapM View Post
    alot even..

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 03:15 PM ----------

Just linked this thread to my sister and she's laughing her ass off because people here really do not understand what kind of person I'm dealing with here
    Or you didn't explain it well.

Deleted
    Spike his beer with chili, it's the only language people understand. Failing that, second the notion of telling him to get off the property or you will involve the police.

Deleted
    I feel really really bad for that guy. All he wants is to be your friend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    I feel really really bad for that guy. All he wants is to be your friend.
    yeah....all i wanted is to sleep with this woman, but she didn't want, so i followed her for 6 months straight.....

seriously dude, no means no, in every aspect of life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CapM View Post
    I'm posting here, because I have always used this forum, has nothing to do with WoW. Theres alot of people reading, so you get alot of replies and opinions.
    You obviously did not read a lot of them. There are many good points. Does not take a genius to know how to spell. Hell, I bet even your neighbor can handle using spellcheck.
    Last edited by Roose; 2013-03-14 at 03:48 PM.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    An axe, A Shovel, some rope, Plastic Sheeting, A wetsuit, and a hockey mask. Problem solved.
    Or you could just move, Or tell him straight that your not interested. Better still make a pass at him.
    I think you shouldn't be posting in this thread ...

Well, go and get a restraining order then.

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 08:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Sounds exactly like what his stalker is trying to do.

How do educated, intelligent people get rid of you then? Might help CapM with his plight!

10+ Year Old Account
    become stupid yourself... then everyone else is smart!

I see that youre on a good path to accomplish that goal...
    Last edited by Draqson; 2014-11-19 at 07:39 PM.