Angry sponge mops suck!

Does anyone else hate sponge mops? I have a small apartment but it takes about 40 years to mop the floor. Who in the hell invented sponge mops?! This is the worst invention since the atom bomb. I spent about 20 minutes trying to mop the floor with a damn sponge mop! On my way to Walmart to buy real mop!

Maybe you're using too much water or you're soaping your water too much. Idk, I used to use a 'real mop' which I assume you mean as the string type mops, but now that I have a sponge mop I love it.

On a side note, this may be the weirdest post I ever replied to on MMO-C.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    Maybe you're using too much water or you're soaping your water too much. Idk, I used to use a 'real mop' which I assume you mean as the string type mops, but now that I have a sponge mop I love it.

On a side note, this may be the weirdest post I ever replied to on MMO-C.
    LOL, yeah IKR this is about the most weird post I've ever done. it's just sponge mops really gets to me!

http://www.vileda.co.uk/uk/products/...otspot_id=1451

Buy something like this: not one of those icky string mops that get full of dirt and bacteria because people just rinse them after.

It's like a sturdy plastic, with a flat head that you snap a washable pad onto. It's incredibly fast to clean floors with, and you can easily wash it in a hot wash after every use. It costs a little more to buy, but they last for years, and the pads don't really wear out either.

Failing that a really stiff hard plastic broom and a "floor cloth" over it: http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/PHO1668.jpg again fully washable and very cheap.

I clean private houses for a living, and I use these every day, they are both fast and easy, I prefer the first option, but the second is cheap and easy as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    why not try one of those fancy swiffer mops.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Swiffer mops are the bomb (not an atom bomb since you apparently hate them).
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Buy a swiffer mop. They're awesome. Or... fill your sink with hot water and dish soap, get a medium sized towel, soak it. Get bare foot, and profit. I did that before I fell in love with the swiffer :P but I still do it on occasion, luckily I don't have a lot of tile in my apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by bekilrwale View Post
    Swiffer mops are the bomb (not an atom bomb since you apparently hate them).

Agree'd swiffer mops are the best.

Yeah Swiffer mops aren't bad when the pads don't fall off.

Deleted
    I used to work as a cleaner for a while and seriously those stringy mops did my head in. The mop head kept falling off the pole constantly and they were madly heavy. Nearly have nightmares about them.

well I went to Walmart to get a new mop and I ended up buying a new mop and a sponge mop! I know you all may be thinking what the hell was I thinking? well the damn sponge mop was on sale and I couldn't resist!

Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    Does anyone else hate sponge mops? I have a small apartment but it takes about 40 years to mop the floor. Who in the hell invented sponge mops?! This is the worst invention since the atom bomb. I spent about 20 minutes trying to mop the floor with a damn sponge mop! On my way to Walmart to buy real mop!
    What do you consider a "real mop"

Swiffer mops suck unless you have wood floor.

Sponge mops and sponges are a great way of collecting bacteria.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    well I went to Walmart to get a new mop and I ended up buying a new mop and a sponge mop! I know you all may be thinking what the hell was I thinking? well the damn sponge mop was on sale and I couldn't resist!
    those sponge mops are like succubus's always luring us with their wiles and mop like tempations.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I only use sponge mops to wax hard wood floors and I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    those sponge mops are like succubus's always luring us with their wiles and mop like tempations.
    This is about the best post i've ever read! you need to be kissed! that's exactly how I felt when I bought that sponge mop!