Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Enough said

Anyway, I think the Czech KFC gives you "bottomless cups" they call it for every menu. Though, it's impossible to drink more than two cups of the sweet piss sodas they offer (7UP, Pepsi, etc)
    I think they somehow set the soda machine wrong. Each drink feels more diluted then the bottled version.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    I think they somehow set the soda machine wrong. Each drink feels more diluted then the bottled version.
    Happens pretty much everywhere. The "pre-mix" syrup comes in a box stating that is should be mixed 5:1 (taken from Pepsi packaging, anyway) with water, but most companies will mix at least 7:1 to stretch it out further.
    Unlike the the watering-down of alcohol, there is nothing illegal about this practice.

EU people in here talking like they're living standards are flawless and skinny as hell.

I've lived in both America(Massachusetts and Maryland) and Europe (Germany and England). I can honestly without a doubt say that i saw an equal amount, if not slightly more, overweight people in USA. But they are in no way fat slobs like Europeans are so quick to assume. I lived in the USA for 11 years and i drank soda refills at fast food restaurants like it's my job, and I'm still perfectly healthy, so cut the shit with that "Refills make fat americans".

Both countries have their HUGE flaws and differences. But if i did have a choice, i would definitely choose to be back in Germany. America may be sloppy, a little weird, and sometimes odd, but the amount of shit you can do here is insane compared to back in Europe, in my opinion. Much more freedom and diversity.
    Last edited by Galilei; 2013-03-16 at 08:48 PM.

Nando's and Tobys Cavery are 2 restaurants off the top of my head that allow free refills.
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I think this is closer to the truth. McDonalds Business Owners for example will have their asses torn and lose their franchise/job if they get caught doing this. Quick and Burger King also. The only companies that *might* do it, will be your shitty little kebab shops that usually sell cans only anyways.
    Apologies, I fall into hyperbole all to easily on forums.
    I should have said "a lot" rather than "most", and realised soon after posting. It's more than a few, but by no means most (particularly when, as you've pointed out, we take into account franchises like McD's or BK).
    Mostly, I was referring to pubs.

That said, I have been to plenty of McD's where the Pepsi tasted weak as hell, but it's hard to tell if that's actual watering-down or just the half-a-cup of ice they put in there.

More refills to increase our democracy huh? Take this, punk!

Pretty damn better than free refills! (Although free refills isn't really uncommon here either, nor is is public free toilets - probobly like a 50/50 kind of thing.)

Free Refills basically means that I´d pay for others who drink more than I do. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Pubs however, goddamn some of those places can be shitty, even here in Belgium. Some bars you order a coke, pay 3 euros, and they pour it out of a bottle. I just sit there going "Dafuq!". Friend of mine owns a bar, and he says the biggest profit margin they make is on water believe it or not, they cost like 10c a bottle and sell it for 3 euros :S
    As for the mix thing, yeh wouldn't be surprised if bars etc do that tbh, in UK, the Weights and Measures act applies only to liquor, but even then some bars get around that in the most dubious means possible. As long as the alcohol is the correct percentage for the drink type, then it's legal, but you will be amazed how many bars will get a brand whiskey/vodka and replace the contents with some cheap low brand. People always go "Omfg I would taste the difference!", but actually a lot don't. Most times when your hammered, you don't even taste it :S

Very dubious practices indeed, and one of those quasi-legal thingies :S
    Yeah that is very true, know a guy who owns a club and he did that, when kids are hammered they switch to cheapass brands, no one notices really, and its not illegal really, as they dont ask for a brand, they ask for a type of drink, they arent given anything that they didnt ask.
    Also start to juice more in mixes when you see the person is already drunk, put more juice in the mix and so forth, a bottle of decent vodka costs 7 euros in the market, even less if you have a distributor, clubs make nice proffit specially if you use tactics such as those.

You want to drink/get hammered? buy your drinks in the market before going to the club, drink em and dont ask for crap while there, saves a lot of money and better quality booze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galilei View Post
    I lived in the USA for 11 years and i drank soda refills at fast food restaurants in my job, and I'm still perfectly healthy, so cut the shit with that "Refills make fat americans".
    Are you a doctor? Are you eligible to make that call? Because drinking 3 or 4 liters of soda sounds very wrong to me. I doubt you're as healthy as you think you are.

Deleted
    Free refills, yep, that's what democracy shoots for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dvid View Post
    Free refills, yep, that's what democracy shoots for.
    Why not free refills while using the free bathrooms. Put the refill machines in the bathrooms so you drink and pee at the same time!

ps: Let's ignore kidneys who needs them anyhow when you can request for a donor and get a new pair! Drink till you die!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Are you a doctor? Are you eligible to make that call? Because drinking 3 or 4 liters of soda sounds very wrong to me. I doubt you're as healthy as you think you are.
    It's only wrong if you make it wrong. Drinking that soda then going home and sitting on your ass makes it wrong. Staying active makes it right. Truth is, you can pretty much eat and drink whatever you want. As long as you stay active, you literally have nothing to worry about. Which is what's the problem with overweight people. I have never met one active person who was fat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galilei View Post
    I have never met one active person who was fat.
    Diet is the dominant factor though, you can't out-train a bad diet if you're trying to get fit. Sugar will boost your energy for a short while then you crave for more that's how sugar works.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Seriously, why?

Also, pay toilets?

I say we need to deliver some good ol' fashioned Democracy® to y'all.

Also, post other odd things you have noticed in your travels around the world.

inb4 tipping

If you are paying to crap you are more likely to keep it clean. Usually pay toilets are less gross (From personal experience anyway)

In denmark the minimum wage for people above 18 is like 18-19$ a hour +12.5% for vacation. We rarely give tips here, only if the service is extraordinary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ww that is crazy i have been to europe many times and to different places. I went to Madrid and there were free refills but very little fast food places but i went to Germany and no refills but many fast food places. and is this guy actually banned or what happend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    In denmark the minimum wage for people above 18 is like 18-19$ a hour +12.5% for vacation. We rarely give tips here, only if the service is extraordinary.
    I'm a temp in the UK and I'm on $9.39/h and 12% for vacation. :3
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    I loved having free refills in America, no need to save your drink and have it go flat before your dinner arrives..

Also, the toilets were usually spotless in every state and service station I went to, you'll pay for them here and they're still filthy. I'll take some of that democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Europe DOES have free refills. When I went to Luxembourg and Belgium with a school trip, one of those fast food stores allowed free refills. In Holland there are no free refills as I recall, or at least not in my city.

Deleted
    Well beside your entire post is JUST about trolling. No i will anyway response. There is plenty of places where there is free refills, the local maconals near me have it.
    And all pay toilets is where you pay like 1 dollars, and you get a token you can buy something with in the nearby shop(but ofc, due to this level of trolling you may just have ate it..)

Infracted: Please do not insult other users
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-03-17 at 03:54 AM.