Thread: Diablo 2

Deleted

Diablo 2

Oh wow, just went through some clips and youtube and stumbled upon this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature..._F3v-0#t=6239s

Instant nostalgia :/

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never played Diablo 2, but definitely sounds Blizzard-like. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Yea, music was always good inn Blizzard games. They understand it can be something that lift the game to the next level off polish.

We have it inn nearly all there games they have ever made
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

...I didn't fall asleep to this last night. No.

I bought Diablo 2 and its xpac a year ago, intending to play it online before D3 came out.

I was kinda shocked at just how muddy looking the game was, and despite trying to persist with it, I gave up as I found the visuals gave me a headache if I played too long.

Kind of odd, as I've very rarely come across game that gave me a headache when looking at the visuals, but I think it was just that D3 was so...well, muddy to look at I guess, combined with the low resolution . I was told u could get patches to raise the resolution, but that they'd get you banned online and I was only interested in playing D2 online with my friend.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    Composer is Matt Uelmen. He did some music for WoW during TBC, very recognizeable.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes. Heard this very often when I was younger
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Makes me wonder how I played that for 12 hours a day or something silly when I was still little huh... o.0 oh wait I enjoyed it right right. Then I login into it being grown up and my eyes bleed with them saying the graphics...toooo much pixels!

Alt f4 :P

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    I bought Diablo 2 and its xpac a year ago, intending to play it online before D3 came out.

I was kinda shocked at just how muddy looking the game was, and despite trying to persist with it, I gave up as I found the visuals gave me a headache if I played too long.

Kind of odd, as I've very rarely come across game that gave me a headache when looking at the visuals, but I think it was just that D3 was so...well, muddy to look at I guess, combined with the low resolution . I was told u could get patches to raise the resolution, but that they'd get you banned online and I was only interested in playing D2 online with my friend.
    Back when D2 came out the resolution was the norm, raising it would just result in more of the screen being seen while making everything smaller, which does strange things online (including an unfair advantage in pvp), most people play D2 in windowed mode these days, it was a great game, obviously the graphics are very dated but not blowing it up in fullscreen helps a lot.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I just reinstalled D2 like two months ago and still play an hour or two a week since reinstall.

There is a high resolution patch which makes D2 more readable on modern PCs. It's a little flaky and sometimes doesn't work because... who knows. Though the patch/mod does make it so that one can at least read the damn text on screen.

In gameplay terms D2 is still superb.

Playing MedianXL and classic, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I just reinstalled D2 like two months ago and still play an hour or two a week since reinstall.

There is a high resolution patch which makes D2 more readable on modern PCs. It's a little flaky and sometimes doesn't work because... who knows. Though the patch/mod does make it so that one can at least read the damn text on screen.

In gameplay terms D2 is still superb.

Graphics aren't that bad. Asides from the fives looking like sixes.

Oh the days of trolling with the Necro, how I miss you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I was just going to suggest MedianXL to anyone having trouble with the graphics. But the major draw back is no battlenet with Median =/