Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I wanted Maiev to return in-game for Cataclysm. As a person neither good nor evil, a lawful religious fanatic representing the part of night elf society that has been pushed under the rug. The heroine returning from her great victory over traitor Illidan, being denied the praise she expected, seeing her society in moral decay and passivity towards Horde aggression, could have been potential for good conflict. A Warden-led offensive into Ashenvale or Stonetalon, agressive and brutal, alienating other Alliance factions and the Cenarion Circle, without just selling out to some Ragnaros?
    Last edited by mmocc8f75f3691; 2013-03-17 at 01:19 PM.

Maiev needs to be a neccesary evil. Someone who a lot of Night Elf society follows and is loyal to, who through questionable and down right evil actions, achieves great things for the Night Elves and the Alliance. Someone who cant be killed off because it would risk a civil war in night elf society.

Maiev needs to return to do what she does best => FANSERVICE

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Yeah all he did was raise a demon army and enslave people! Whats wrong with that!
    Actually in the new warlock green quest fire you learn that the soul thing was vial related and he used it to FREE DEMONS!!!!!!!!! of there addiction to fel energies and slaves to the burning legion, he was raising a army to fight the burning legion with there own army by freeing them

and illidan has always been the one to use *bad things for good reasons*

it also talked about no one knows why he didn't let the blood elfs near it because vash said illidan had a way for they not to fall to magic starved elfs when they first meet

honestly illidan is looked as a good guy through the warlock green fire quest and i bet that was intensional with all the strong rumors of himcoming back

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, I think you are mixing evil and insane here.
    One doesnt excludes another, being mad you can always be Evil mad or just mad mad.

I just hope that Med'an will never see the light of day in the MMORPG.
    Oh she will, surely she will and it will be her end

Like she was obsessed with Illidan and constanltty catfighting with Tyrande.
    Yes she was obsessed she spent 10 millenia with him, and she would blame Tyrande always for freeing him, once again Tyrande Should have died in the River!

But turning the character upside down? Don't know why, makes totally no sense. She did her job, served her purpose, and now she is evil or something?
    Yeah no need t make her more evil and insane! I liked her in Wolfheart the way she served night elves, she was doing her job beside disliking Highborne and even both leaders. She could stay like that for ever. She was Nor good neither Evil. Why not? Are there any few characters in wow who live like that? She loves her people and in TFT she was just like all other night elves mourning for corrupted Nature and enslaved Night elves (in 1st mission). But it was no need to make her So much sinister character kidnapping Malfuriion and killing all who is not Kal'dorei ? Even Highborne ? Why ? Makes no sense to me.

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 03:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    honestly illidan is looked as a good guy through the warlock green fire quest and i bet that was intensional with all the strong rumors of himcoming back
    That was the main goal to make Illidan look good because Blizzard tends to bring him back in game and imo he will be good guy. But I personally believe that he isone mad person no less than Maiev have became now, his obsession to Magic power led to him blindness and 10 millenia imprisonment, he was banished from his homeland and still he continued because he was Maniac. He, no less that Maiev after getting mad, acted for his personal proposes didnt care about anyone else.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is how I would like the lore of the night elves was developed:

Maiev Shadowsong will accomplish something that neither the Archdruid nor the High Priestess expected: divide and polarize the night elves society.

They are every day more the night elves who openly support Maiev for her pragmatic way of looking at things. Many people want that the Kal'dorei society return to their druidic origins and their devotion to Elune, a night elven society free of magic, free of moral decay, free of servility and obligations towards other races and with the courage and determination necessary to fight the evils that ravage their people and their forests.

Maiev and her followers do not approve the weak leadership of Malfurion and Tyrande, thinking that only thing they do is turn their race into mere servants of the Alliance and that they are not really struggling with all their might against the continuous attacks of the Horde on their territories. Also they are destroying their ancient beliefs by accepting back to the Highborne between them and other races, once marginalized, as the worgen.

The patience of the authentic Kal'dorei is running out, and Maiev will be the means by which that frustration will be released: continuous attacks against the Highborne, many protests against the Archdruid and the High Priestess, insubordination and general rudeness against other Alliance races... all this being just the beginning: if Malfurion and Tyrande do not react soon, civil war is imminent.

But that's not all, the Highborne, seeing the temperance and the passivity with which the night elves treat their persecution by Maiev supporters, consider the offer of a people who know quite well their problems, since at the end of the day are their heirs in Azeroth of today: the Blood Elves. Thus, thanks to the Sin'dorei, the Highborne pledge allegiance to the Horde in exchange for protection and asylum, which the Alliance failed to provide them.

Under such conditions, Malfurion and Tyrande are forced to negotiate with Maiev to prevent the disintegration of the Kal'dorei people. After this negotiation, Maiev and her people promise to remain loyal to the Archdruid and the High Priestess as the night elven society leaders, though in exchange they must eradicate all traces of magic in their ranks, return to their ancestral customs and they should also to distance themselves from the Alliance and its interests, maintaining only a relationship of mutual interest regarding the other races of the Alliance.

In other words, with this covenant is maintained a weakened link between the Night Elves and the Alliance while night elven society gains in independence and own personality, something that all the night elves celebrate. A new era begins: an era in which the Kal'dorei resurface at the image and likeness of their ancestors.
    Last edited by Northem; 2013-03-17 at 03:36 PM.

I would not agree she's an "epic" character. She's got nothing epic about her, and she barely has got any sort of personality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Northem
    Yes and Yes. Very possible way !
    I agree with you. Night elves were most powerful race for many millenia. They struggled alone, defeated Burning Legion alone, held world in balance for many years and anfet they "joined" Alliance they lost all the mightiness! True they are just puppets for alliance! They dont even been acting in recent lore. Where have they gone? Why they bent under Varians knees? They should be in charge of Alliance or might even be independent from other races.

They defeated Groms great army (not to mention orcs power up later in lore) in Ashanvale once without help of any leaders! Cenarius only helped them when orcs attacked their bases ! Why cant they just destroy them now in ashenvale ? Tyrande and Malfurion are powerful enough and in addition they have Ancient spirits and Demigod Cenarius resurrected now, and Horde makes even more damage to Ashanlave forest now!

Maiev intention about Highborne are very true. What have they done to Kal'dorei? Azsharas people lled LEgion into azeroth, they unleashed their power against their own people, they think they are special compared to normal night elf. They kept hiding this whole time when night elves fought against their foes. They just want shelter, can be said their useing night elves!

I agree with Maievs point of view!

I would not agree she's an "epic" character. She's got nothing epic about her, and she barely has got any sort of personality.
    She is Epic. She have slayed Illidan! Without her help we would have failed against Illidan. She is Epic because she managed to Capture mighty malfurion when no one else could d the same!
    Last edited by Spichora; 2013-03-17 at 03:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I agree. Tyrande is far more insane than Maiev is, even after Knaak got his grubby claws on her. Unfortunately, Maiev is a prime example of how Blizzard just can't let strong, independent women stay that way forever. It is inevitable with female WoW characters - no matter how level headed, successful, and powerful you are you will eventually turn into either A) a good housewife (Tyrande) or B) a raving lunatic bitch (Sylvanas, Maiev, Jaina). I hate to pull the sexism card but they refuse to leave a single respectable female hero in the game.
    The same can be said about the male characters. A = Thrall, B = Garrosh

I think everyone saw it coming from miles away since when Maiev followed Illidan to Outland that she was already insane at that time. Her justice turned into vengence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant see why Thrall is insane ? He is one of the most stable character in wow. Im pretty sure Blizz wont touch him any more and make him insane !

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    The same can be said about the male characters. A = Thrall, B = Garrosh
    Except there are plenty of respectable male heroes in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    First of all Illidan was a clever guy he played well against Burning Legion and Night elves treacherous Queen Azshara and after dealing with them he found a good moment to recreate Well of Eternity knowing that its power drew Burning Legion to Azeroth and it would again! He was just obsessed with power and he played even with demons and got his "price" he deserved! Once again he should have been killed then.

And the 2nd issue back then Watchers didnt obey to anyone ! Their 1st and most important role was to Guard the prisoners! Night elves didnt imprison their people just like that, if they havent committed something very bad !

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 04:01 AM ----------

Give me one reason to say that
    Bitch was gonna let Tyrande die just to get to Illidan who would have messed her up anyhow.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    First of all, I think you are mixing evil and insane here.
    I completely agree. We can almost say she is more of a victim of some extreme circumstances than anything else. Although some can argue a similar level of fanaticism in characters like Tirion yet he comes out as a total bad ass and Maiev goes mad :P

I love Maiev, I would love to see her come back in the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    If we ever see some form of Illidan again (spirit, his soul trapped in the nether, or perhaps people bring him back to help fight the legion), Maiev coming back would be possible.

Otherwise, her character is boring. Not saying that her coming back to fight Illidan would be that interesting, but it is certainly better then another character with the personality of a racist fanatic.

I actually just finished re-reading Wolfheart a few seconds ago and I'm really happy, in retrospect, with what they did with her. They could have left her fate ambiguous after Black Temple and Illidan but they instead decided to delve into a deeper plot. What happens when you devote your life to duty and then finish carrying out said duty? It's a though question with modern, real-life implications and they dealt with it pretty effectively.

Wolfheart is actually one of the better Knaak works (and he already gets far too much hate, he only deserves a fraction of what he gets) and he actually bring Tyrande out in a nice chunk of badassery as well as a plethora of female characters that really represent the Night Elves modern cutlture. The female characters still display emotions but also valor, strength and battlefield wisdow. Haldrissa is very well written. Maiev, Neva, Tyrnade, Anduin, Shandris were also well presented. It almost makes up for Stormrage and WotA trilogy's horrible, depressing sexism. He obviously took a lot of the criticism to heart, toned down Malfurion's OPness and started writing decent Horde characters.

Maiev's story had run its course and there was nothing more to do with her. I must say it's refreshing to have a character go insane and become "bad" for a reason other than corruption by Old Gods or what have you. It was believable and true to her character. Best of all, they left the story open for further exploration if they wish to do so later.

Blizzard didn't destroy Maiev. Natural story progression destroyed the Maiev that people once knew. But also bourne her anew.

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Since beginning read what I wrote and it will get clear
    She was a Warden that lost a prisoner. It had nothing to do with being good just carrying out her job. A job she has been doing for 10000 years no wonder it made her unstable.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

I never really liked Maiev, not even in TFT. The night elf campaign also happened to be the most boring one imo, just chasing Illidan for the first half of the campaign :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Bitch was gonna let Tyrande die just to get to Illidan who would have messed her up anyhow.
    Thats not a reason. You just say part of a True story! I can say that Tyrande is no less Bitch doing to free Illidan without asking and slaying Watchers like they where their enemies!

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 10:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    I actually just finished re-reading Wolfheart a few seconds ago and I'm really happy, in retrospect, with what they did with her. They could have left her fate ambiguous after Black Temple and Illidan but they instead decided to delve into a deeper plot. What happens when you devote your life to duty and then finish carrying out said duty? It's a though question with modern, real-life implications and they dealt with it pretty effectively.

Wolfheart is actually one of the better Knaak works (and he already gets far too much hate, he only deserves a fraction of what he gets) and he actually bring Tyrande out in a nice chunk of badassery as well as a plethora of female characters that really represent the Night Elves modern cutlture. The female characters still display emotions but also valor, strength and battlefield wisdow. Haldrissa is very well written. Maiev, Neva, Tyrnade, Anduin, Shandris were also well presented. It almost makes up for Stormrage and WotA trilogy's horrible, depressing sexism. He obviously took a lot of the criticism to heart, toned down Malfurion's OPness and started writing decent Horde characters.

Maiev's story had run its course and there was nothing more to do with her. I must say it's refreshing to have a character go insane and become "bad" for a reason other than corruption by Old Gods or what have you. It was believable and true to her character. Best of all, they left the story open for further exploration if they wish to do so later.

Blizzard didn't destroy Maiev. Natural story progression destroyed the Maiev that people once knew. But also bourne her anew.
    Yes there was a lot to be done with Maiev. She could have been cleansed when she returned to her people. Or she might have stayed like that (serving night elves despite her disliking Mal and Tyrande ). And doing so, to make her Completely Insane, just will lead to hear death thats all , there wont be so called "further exploration" for Maiev! Thats sad !