Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    I firmly believe that Maiev does not finished off Illidan but she took him to his former prison, and there is he still today... after all the hunter is nothing without his prey...

This would entail the insertion in WoW of one of my two favourites areas that are not yet available in the game: the vast subterranean Barrow Deeps (my other favorite area yet to be seen is Greenwood the last territory of the High Elves)
    I think Wolfheart pretty much shatters that theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I think Wolfheart pretty much shatters that theory.
    Why ? I dont think so
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Why ? I dont think so
    The scene where she's still so obessed with Illidan during her target practice or whatever certainly didn't give the vibe of 'he's chained up somewhere she can see him whenever she wants.' As for the 'delayed the inevitable' thing she MIGHT have something planned. Or it could be she's just delivering a typical villain parting stock phrase. Illidan may well make a return to Warcraft one day, but if he is still alive somehow, nothing about Wolfheart suggests to me that he's in Maiev's basement somewhere.

No he isnt. Blizzard said they will bring him back for sure Bringing him back means revive or come out of hiding, personally I think he is now alive ad hiding somewhere.

Arthas, unfortunately, has gone for good
    Did you not watch the screen when you killed him?

taken from Wowpedia:

In the end, when Illidan is near death, Maiev remarks that he is beaten, but as he dies Illidan says that the huntress is nothing without the hunted. With the drive for vengeance gone, Maiev states that she is indeed nothing.
    Just Sayin.

10+ Year Old Account
    The scene where she's still so obessed with Illidan during her target practice or whatever certainly didn't give the vibe of 'he's chained up somewhere she can see him whenever she wants.' As for the 'delayed the inevitable' thing she MIGHT have something planned. Or it could be she's just delivering a typical villain parting stock phrase. Illidan may well make a return to Warcraft one day, but if he is still alive somehow, nothing about Wolfheart suggests to me that he's in Maiev's basement somewhere.
    Of course Wolfheart wont give you any hint where Illidan might be, or even indicate that he is dead for good, that would be a spoiler, and Training at dummies doeant mean say anything. She might have been seeing his face because was was trying cease the rage within her - not able to kill Illidan in his cage because she needed him. Or he was just dead and his face served as training target for her. As I said she is not a character to "deliver typical villain parting stock phrase." She is accurate what she does or says. And last thing Illidan WILL return in game it is known.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bufsta View Post
    Did you not watch the screen when you killed him?

taken from Wowpedia:

Just Sayin.
    Yes but books are not always true. They said Maiev died in the Outland.
    Here's the corresponding quote from Shadows & Light:
    Sinking into vengeful madness, Maiev pursued Illidan all the way to Outland. Emotion clouded her vision, and Illidan slipped away from her several times. Finally, when Maiev was all but blinded by frustration and vengeance, the Betrayer got the better of her. Maiev died alone on the red sand, unmourned, unsung, with none to remember her fall, her soul empty of all but rage.
    Here is the corresponding quote from Alliance Player's Guide;

The most (in)famous warden is Maiev Shadowsong, the woman responsible for keeping the most dangerous prisoner in night elf history - Illidan Stormrage. Maiev failed in her duties, as all know, and hunted Illidan across Azeroth and Outland to retrieve him. Her hunt and failure embittered her, and when Illidan bested her in Outland, Maiev died alone and hollow on an alien, red world. Despite Maiev's failure, many young wardens see her as the epitome of dedication. Though her charge escaped, she pursued him across the worlds, giving up only when death prevented her from continuing her chase. Other wardens view Maiev with ambivalence, seeing her single-minded focus as responsible for her failure.
    But after that we saw her in BT. And we dont exactly know if Illidan really died or was just wounded. Wolfeart indicates that Maiev has learned lots of tricks during 10000 years. She was putting expert traps and was master in throwing daggers. He could be just poisoned by Maievs daggers and "died" for a while, no one knows what Blizz will bring up.

Yes but books are not always true. They said Maiev died in the Outland.
    Here's the corresponding quote from Shadows & Light:
    Those are rpg books, they are entirely different from books like Wolfheart. These books are canon, the rpg books are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Those are rpg books, they are entirely different from books like Wolfheart. These books are canon, the rpg books are not.
    Exactly.

And to the comment about it not being denied that Illidan is still alive: While blizz doesn't spoil everything, they do often leave hints. For example I knew the lich king was planning to use Arthas' body since the Reign of Chaos manuel, even before I'd finished the original campaigns. They do like to foreshadow.

Even so, there is NO evidence to suggest that Maiev has Illidan. The only thing in lore that suggests Illidan MIGHT not be dead is the demons that were loyal to him sticking around in one of the conversations for the warlock quest chain. Even if this turns out to mean Illidan survived there is NOTHING to indicate Maiev has his body, nothing to indicate he didn't die in black temple. It is POSSIBLE Maiev has him locked away somewhere but it is blind speculation. There's also no lore to suggest Deathwing's soul wasn't somehow saved and will be purified, or that Aethas Sunreaver isn't actuall Kael'thas in disguise, or that Elune is Sargeras' twin sister, but that doesn't mean these theories have any real credence beyond wishful thinking.

Mind, BLOWN.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 10:13 PM ----------

No, I mean exactly Gul'dan.

Ner'zhul itself was an evil orc loyal to the Burning Legion to the end of his days (and is still today if he has not yet completely disappeared). However Gul'dan not ended the same way. I quote:

So yes, Gul'dan redeemed himself when he realized he had been a mere puppet in the hands of the Burning Legion, and died full of anger against the Legion and repentant for bringing his race to destruction. If Gul'dan could back to life I'm sure he would join the current Horde to atone for his sins by helping to defeat the Burning Legion with his knowledge of the darkness, and this time he will not commit the same mistakes.

And remember, Gul'dan is the master of the necromancers and the lord of the warlocks, his skull still remains somewhere and his legacy is waiting for someone to find it (do you remember the movie The Mummy Returns?)... Soon the Darkness Incarnate will return to Azeroth, he will restore the Stormreaver clan and the Shadow Council for the service of the Horde... If the Alliance have the Kirin Tor, the Horde will have the Shadow Council...
    Your recent posts.. blowed my fucking mind, thank you for this kind sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly.

And to the comment about it not being denied that Illidan is still alive: While blizz doesn't spoil everything, they do often leave hints. For example I knew the lich king was planning to use Arthas' body since the Reign of Chaos manuel, even before I'd finished the original campaigns. They do like to foreshadow.

Even so, there is NO evidence to suggest that Maiev has Illidan. The only thing in lore that suggests Illidan MIGHT not be dead is the demons that were loyal to him sticking around in one of the conversations for the warlock quest chain. Even if this turns out to mean Illidan survived there is NOTHING to indicate Maiev has his body, nothing to indicate he didn't die in black temple. It is POSSIBLE Maiev has him locked away somewhere but it is blind speculation. There's also no lore to suggest Deathwing's soul wasn't somehow saved and will be purified, or that Aethas Sunreaver isn't actuall Kael'thas in disguise, or that Elune is Sargeras' twin sister, but that doesn't mean these theories have any real credence beyond wishful thinking.
    OMG... some new theories about wow that even blizz doesnt know

15+ Year Old Account
    The fact that Ner'zhul ultimately agreed to do the will of the Burning Legion by becoming the Lich King clearly shows that Ner'zhul only looked after his own interests in the best case, or that his loyalty was always with the Burning Legion at the worst.
    Yeah, just like Bolvar, that damnable wretch. Agreed to be poisoned, then burned, then half-rezzed into eternally burning mess just to get power, yeah. He totally wanted all that to happen to him, just like Ner'zhul wanted to be captured, ripped apart first physically, then spiritually to be remade into Lich King, locked inside suit of armor, and then hurled into Azeroth.

Not that he disobeyed demons that made Illidan hunt him down after that...
    However, the fact that Gul'dan realized all the mistakes he had made before his death is more than enough to think that was redeemed, and that if he gets another chance he would not hesitate to help his race to avenge all that the Burning Legion has done to them.
    You, sir, are the craziest wacko on this damn forum, I dunno if you twist and selectively perceive things intentionally or you have a genuine mental disorder. Arthas, too, kind of saw what he's done, is he redeemed? How the hell do you ignore Gul'dan's entire fucking story because of just one blurry line?