Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakamuraa View Post
    Always its like hey lets give warlocks cool abilities and add new features but make it so they never drop and its a 1% drop chance on any random mob hahahaha stupid warlocks keep wasting time in our new horrible zone!!!
    When else did that happen?

Either put in the effort or don't, I wouldn't consider the 15vp per kill + chance at extras to be a "waste of time".

5.3 was scheduled 10 weeks after the release of 5.2.

Its really not that rare of a drop. I have seen it drop a couple times on my warrior just by killing a few rares now & then while doing dailies. Just started doing dailies on my lock tho, hoping to get it soon
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

Its so nice to have it while the other lock in our guild has to suffer seeing my green during progression.

Does baby wanna bottle?

Infracted
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-03-19 at 04:57 PM.

I didn't farm a thing. I bought it.

Deleted
    what is greenfire dudes?

Around 3 months max I bet, if you quit you don't want it badly enough and are you certain they'll increase the drop rate already in 5.3?

Also you sound kinda whiny and angry so chill out, calm down, you've been too close to all that fire I feel. Maybe you oughta quit, fel fire can't be good if normal fire causes this emotion. Sha-touched maybe? But seriously, chill and keep at it, don't be a quitter.

God forbid you have to work for something in game.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by resonance7982 View Post
    it won't be 6-7 months for 5.3, since 5.3 won't be a major patch, I'd assume 3 months or so for it
    Something along these lines. 5.3 will be like 5.1 so i would guess somewhere between 2-3 months from now.

How can people be given a new feature that has been requested for ages and still manage to complain about it? Boggles my mind.

The drop chance is between 5 and 10%. But I'm sorry to say that the real challenge isn't in zerging rares that you'll attack at 10% health, just to hope for a damn tome to drop. The challenge is in defeating the final boss of the quest. So the OP has a point, stop saying stuff like "you have to work for it lazy ass, omg dis community" if you don't know the whole quest-line. Beating the last boss takes 50 times more skill (like literally...) than farming that stupid tome. How about you support keeping the boss untouched and make him scale with gear, instead of opposing yourselves to something that is purely RNG and does not actually take any effort into consideration, only luck.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 05:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shagina View Post
    How can people be given a new feature that has been requested for ages and still manage to complain about it? Boggles my mind.
    "Mages can now pursue a quest to gain black frost, purple fire and yellow arcane magic. However, in order to start such an adventure, they must first kill a million yetis with 2 HP that cannot be AE'd. They will then be eligible to kill turtles that have a 1% chance to drop the tome which starts the real quest" If something like this were to be implemented, I'm sure it would be easy as hell, but it'd drain so much of your time without you actually putting any effort a part from wasting your time and turning your index numb from all the spamming. Yes this is exaggerated, but it's to give you an idea of what farming the tome is.

Deleted
    I don't really get how some people can't get a tome.. first day everyone was farming those 'rare' mobs like crazy so it took a while, but since then I got three more tomes by occasionally killing a rare that was near while doing dailies. I guess those people who fail at getting a tome would fail at killing Kanrethad anyway..

Deleted
    WTF why does blizzard always do this to warlocks?!!? Always its like hey lets give warlocks cool abilities and add new features but make it so they never drop and its a 1% drop chance on any random mob hahahaha stupid warlocks keep wasting time in our new horrible zone!!!
    You are the only class ingame who get's a special colour on your spells and you are one of the only 2 classes who get 2 unique mount NOBODY else gets ingame. Not to forget you always tops meters in PvE and are overall pretty decent in PvP.

You sir, are whats wrong with the gaming community. It is people like you who feel they are entitled to everything released just because you pay sub fee. Grow the F up and either farm for your item or pay for it.

If it was me I'd never increase the droprate...rare items are supposed to be rare (shocker).

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    The drop chance is between 5 and 10%. But I'm sorry to say that the real challenge isn't in zerging rares that you'll attack at 10% health, just to hope for a damn tome to drop. The challenge is in defeating the final boss of the quest. So the OP has a point, stop saying stuff like "you have to work for it lazy ass, omg dis community" if you don't know the whole quest-line. Beating the last boss takes 50 times more skill (like literally...) than farming that stupid tome. How about you support keeping the boss untouched and make him scale with gear, instead of opposing yourselves to something that is purely RNG and does not actually take any effort into consideration, only luck.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 05:49 PM ----------

"Mages can now pursue a quest to gain black frost, purple fire and yellow arcane magic. However, in order to start such an adventure, they must first kill a million yetis with 2 HP that cannot be AE'd. They will then be eligible to kill turtles that have a 1% chance to drop the tome which starts the real quest" If something like this were to be implemented, I'm sure it would be easy as hell, but it'd drain so much of your time without you actually putting any effort a part from wasting your time and turning your index numb from all the spamming. Yes this is exaggerated, but it's to give you an idea of what farming the tome is.
    Again, it is supposed to be rare. Go farm gold and buy it.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2013-03-19 at 05:59 PM.

Umm, horrible drop rate? I got it within 48hrs of 5.2 dropping. Just hang out on the Isle and setup a patrol route for the rares. The two in Igalthuk Crag being the easiest to camp.

I think I had maybe 20 rare kills.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, it is supposed to be rare. Go farm gold and buy it.
    Umm...lol wut....
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF why does blizzard always do this to warlocks?!!? Always its like hey lets give warlocks cool abilities and add new features but make it so they never drop and its a 1% drop chance on any random mob hahahaha stupid warlocks keep wasting time in our new horrible zone!!!
    Yeah! Just like last time they did that to warlocks! When was that again? Ah, yes NEVER.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    >snip< Yes this is exaggerated, but it's to give you an idea of what farming the tome is.
    No, it doesn't give an idea in the slightest and is an absurdly asinine "example".

A better description would be "Kill "rare" mobs on a relatively frequent spawn timer that take zero effort and grant a minimum of 15vp per kill with a chance at other useful and / or lucrative drops, in the pursuit of a 1% drop rate item".

It's got the same drop chance as most rare mount, but has zero difficulty and multiple drop sources - seems pretty damn fair to me.

Deleted
    Seen it dropp like 9 times...

Deleted
    if you consider an unlucky person then you could do what i did - ignore farming the item and spend that time on playing ah and farming gold. on my servers the tomes dropped to 25k on ah and i decided to buy one of them couple of days ago. i tried farming rares on the island and i consider it one of the most pointless things i have ever done in this game. but whatever floats your boat.

unless you play on a very low population servers and prices on ah are at ridicilous level, then you can put my advice in a bin