Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could see a Burning Legion xpac going like this:

Combined Alliance/Horde command: "We are losing this war to the Burning Legion"
    3rd Party: "There is a force strong enough to turn the tide out there"
    Combined Alliance/Horde command: "Who?"
    3rd Party: "Him, The Lich King"
    Combined Alliance/Horde command: "Are you insane?"

Later on as we lose another major battle against the Burning Legion, the combined Alliance/Horde command approaches us adventurers "We need you to go to Northrend to the Icecrown Citadel and awaken the Lich King and convince him to join our side, otherwise all is lost."

Quote Originally Posted by JSStryker View Post
    I could see a Burning Legion xpac going like this:

Combined Alliance/Horde command: "We are losing this war to the Burning Legion"
    3rd Party: "There is a force strong enough to turn the tide out there"
    Combined Alliance/Horde command: "Who?"
    3rd Party: "Him, The Lich King"
    Combined Alliance/Horde command: "Are you insane?"

Later on as we lose another major battle against the Burning Legion, the combined Alliance/Horde command approaches us adventurers "We need you to go to Northrend to the Icecrown Citadel and awaken the Lich King and convince him to join our side, otherwise all is lost."
    Exactly ¡¡ I really think that the scourge will be back in a way similar to this. It will be EPIC.

It´s like when Tyrande free Illidan on the Third War, killing her comrades in the process. It looks insane, but thank god that she did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Analyzing things closely and doing a radical reseeing in the game is an easy way to get answers for a lot of your questions when it comes to Lore, the races of the game, and other aspects of it.
    Analyzing this game too hard will make your head hurt

Now i must admit i get my lore from ingame text and wowpedia and a few wow fanwank books here and there

Anyway regarding how big of a threat the scourge is if the scourge still had great numbers and was still even slightly a threat they wouldve been exterminated by now and not allowed to wonder around like a george romero zombie film. Under the control of a guy we know cant be trusted even though the bolvar half of him is essentially good.

There strongholds in the plaguelands have been swept clean now. Andorhol is safely under forsaken control and the caer darrow and the scholomance was destroyed in MoP. Doesnt sound to me hes got much of a army now except in northrend

Anyway back on topic and about if we will see the LK again seeing that the LK hates the burning legion and kiljeaden in particularly its safe to assume he will pop up with whats left of his scourge to exact his revenge and be a third faction similar to the scarlet onslaught if the next xpac is a burning legion one
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2013-03-20 at 03:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    bolvar is a good guy
    Sure, Bolvar was a good guy. But he's the Lich King now, and he's evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Sure, Bolvar was a good guy. But he's the Lich King now, and he's evil.
    He hasn't done anything evil yet though

might come back to our side for the fight against the Legion. Also the Legion would be interested in deposing of their creation.

the only proof of anything we have is that he will eventually get out of his processing stasis like Arthas did. We dont know when and what condition Bolvar will be in.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-03-20 at 04:25 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The first tier in the next expansion will be a revamped ICC. "Not everyone could finish ICC during the WoTLK, so we decided to let them do it"
    Just like Naxx was in WoTLK.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The first tier in the next expansion will be a revamped ICC. "Not everyone could finish ICC during the WoTLK, so we decided to let them do it"
    Just like Naxx was in WoTLK.
    Except.... everyone did see ICC in its time. It was the current raid tier one day less than a full year.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    He hasn't done anything evil yet though
    He hasn't freed those souls either or destroyed the Scourge by walking them into a giant bonfire.

Deleted
    Of course the lich king will come back.

And i mean Arthas of course, not that halfwit bolvar.

And that will be the expansion in which the third faction will be added.

The scourge. Leaded by the supreme Arthas and few minor chars like Thassarian / Mograine etc..

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    Except.... everyone did see ICC in its time. It was the current raid tier one day less than a full year.
    Not everyone. People who joined the game right before the Cataclysm didn't see it!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Of course the lich king will come back.

And i mean Arthas of course, not that halfwit bolvar.

And that will be the expansion in which the third faction will be added.

The scourge. Leaded by the supreme Arthas and few minor chars like Thassarian / Mograine etc..
    You must have missed the opening creation of the DK when Arthas snatched Mograine father and pissed him off. Mograine would rather slit Arthas' throat than work for him. Also, if Scourge was meant to be a playable faction, DKs would have gotten a Healing spec and The Ebonblade would have been the 3rd faction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Where is this excerpt from?

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 02:23 PM ----------

The Scouge outnumber the denizens of Azeroth, and considering the Alliance and Horde are not allied together, the Scourge would continue to multiply as more dead bodies piled up from each side.

That saying, the entire force on Northrend, and the massive forces in the Plaguelands of the Eastern Kingdoms, would easily overtake the living.

That's how I see it, at least. People will say "But we have Thrall" or "But we have Mana Bombs", but the truth is it wouldn't help.

The Scourge raise the Scourge, and the fact that the Cult of the Damned would still exist, they'd continue to aid the Scourge in their endeavor since the Lich King isn't there to strike fear in them to control them any longer.
    But the thing I don't understand is that if everything you said is true that makes the Lich King the saviour of Azeroth?

When he comes back, he's not going to be Arthas 2.0. Metzen said specifically that Bolvar is going to be a very different kind of Lich King. I think it's obvious he won't be a villain. He will likely be a Hades like figure, a sort of god of the dead, an Aspect if you will similar to the other Aspects. His charge is to ward over the frozen scourge. And he can perhaps use them in service if the Legion comes.

It would be awesome to see him in his black armor with orange fire instead of blue, I've been drawing a lot of designs for Bolvar I need to scan and add to my online site, but I imagine he will have a new armor design with the same helm and his colors will be black and orange.

But it would be awesome to see the Scourge fighting the Legion, imagine Bolvar raising demon corpses as undead. If demon corpses can be raised and they don't go back to the Nether or if the Scourge can be used against the Legion at all considering Kiljaeden created the plague himself from his own magic.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 03:39 PM ----------

I could see a dramatic twist where Bolvar is kicking ass and Kiljaeden suddenly smiles and reveals he can use them like puppets, similar to Magneto using Wolverine as a puppet.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    bolvar is a good guy
    um... so was arthas

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 09:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Why must there always be a lich king anyway? Apart from the obvious reason that blizzard didnt want to kill off its most popular villain

I mean is the scourge really that much of a threat? Infact is there even any scourge left?

The scourge in the plaguelands have more or less been eradicated and so has the scourge in the ghostlands

Yeah we must always need a lich king to keep those 3 zombies that wonder about the place kept in check in case there scare some cows or something LOL

Tirion Fordring shouldve just drop kicked that helm into the ocean or something then walked around one shotting zombies with his ashbringer
    As long as mal'ganis is running around (which he is btw, he's the leader of the scarlet crusade as his cover right now) there will always be scourge. what people don't seem to realize is that arthas himself never brought about the scourge, they were first introduced into warcraft 3 by mal ganis under the order of kil jaeden who wanted to use the lich king to gain an army that could match the burning legion. arthas was merely a tool in the grand scheme of things and the fact that his mind was still his own as the lich king put a big dent in mal'ganis' plans

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terielx1 View Post
    As long as mal'ganis is running around (which he is btw, he's the leader of the scarlet crusade as his cover right now) there will always be scourge. what people don't seem to realize is that arthas himself never brought about the scourge, they were first introduced into warcraft 3 by mal ganis under the order of kil jaeden who wanted to use the lich king to gain an army that could match the burning legion. arthas was merely a tool in the grand scheme of things and the fact that his mind was still his own as the lich king put a big dent in mal'ganis' plans
    The Scourge could match the Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    The Burning Legion will more than likely be the next expansion. At least I hope it better be. People want it so bad, it's not even funny. lol. The Lich King story continuing? Not so much. They left it open for a reason, mainly because it's an easy way to throw it back at us in the future. But I'm not sure how many people care though. It's hardly ever been talked about since Wrath ended. Yes, it's been thrown around here and there, but it's not something people really want compared to the Burning Legion. It's like night and day when you compare them in terms of popularity and what people seem to want. At least it seems that way to me. Be pretty cool to go back to it one day. Blizzard is always thinking a few expansions ahead, so I bet they already have it somewhat mapped out.
    What made the Lich King story so involving was Arthas. People didn't care as much fo Ner'zhul and certanly don't care for Bolvar.

I am certain we will have more Scourge some day, but they better work that story first. Simply having "oh no Bolvar didn't make it, he is bad now, nooooo!" is gonna be lame.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope for this scenario:
    Bolvar might help us in the fight against the burning legion/Sargeras
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    But the thing I don't understand is that if everything you said is true that makes the Lich King the saviour of Azeroth?
    Well, yeah.

Arthas still had a small portion of his sanity and "good" in his heart, and that was preventing the Scourge from completely engulfing Azeroth in its might.

That, and also the "Lich King"'s (as a whole) arrogance.

With Bolvar in charge, and the entity known as the original Lich King (Arthas/Nerzhul) gone, Bolvar has the same control Arthas had over the Scourge, holding them back, but (and this is my own thoughts) also freezing himself so that he doesn't find himself being swayed by the Lich King's awesome power and control.

Note, when I say Lich King, I mean the entity now residing in the Helm of Domination (Dominion?), if there even is an entity in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    what source was there for this? a book ? in game?