Unholy DK's in PvP

I'm having a lot of trouble with unholy DK's in PvP. Their snares freakin annoy the hell outa me. I have a lot of trouble getting away from them and they just beat on me until I die. I know it's an L2P problem so could you guys give me some advice?

Heres my armory in case you were wondering.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ee&n=Og%C3%BCr

I know I'm stuck in the 1k's, please don't make fun. Asking for honest help here, I just don't know how to deal with DK's.
    - Khody is the Lord and God of the Forums. When spoken to, you may only refer to him as the following:
    'Lord Khody'
    'My Liege'
    'The One True King'
    'God'

Re: Unholy DK's in PvP

i'm sorry but a DK is to a warlock almost like a Rogue is to a warlock. Dk's wil generally just roflgrip you then chains of win and you'll be lolfacerolledlol to death..it's just how things will be for a while =\
    If the Burning Legion is such a problem, why not just throw water on them? Then they'll just be a Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    What is wrong with having a character show up again? Some people are so dumb and will hate on anything blizzard does. Seriously, if you hate it so much that you cant see straight when they show a character a 2nd time, then you should just quit. Also, never read a book. Ever. You will be mad.

Since they have anti-magic zone shells, one range and one melee silence/interrupt, Chain of ice and DG. It is a bit hard.

Deleted

You will have a hard time killing a dk if you're affliction. Try destro, think fast, act smart.. win.

The only way to defeat a good Unholy DK in PvP is to know he's coming.

DK has: Ghoul stun/damage, Strangulate (silence/interrupt), Death Grip (counters fear), Chains of Ice, and some ranged attacks (IT, DC) in addition to their melee attacks. Additionally, they can self-heal (Death Strike, sacrificing ghoul) and have many cooldowns (IBF, for example).

If you know the DK is coming, consider that he is going to be attacking you and ignoring your pet for the most part. The Felguard stun is not enough for you to kill him in time in most cases (unless you're in pve gear and he's not in pvp gear). The best pet to use on a DK is probably either Succubus or Felhunter. Macro/keybind a lot of your controls. Succubus is nice to have out for Seduction; cast CoE and Fear (not DC), then chain fear; this works on most melee, but the DK's ranged attacks will probably counter it. In that case, having Felhunter out for silence/interrupt is nice. Remember, even if you're silenced, your minion is not. However, if the DK is on top of you and you silence him, he can still beat the crap out of you. Silencing at a distance can be helpful, or when he's coming back from fear, but up close, Seduction tends to be better against melee; if you have no points in Fel Domination, you won't be able to switch out minions quickly enough, but consider that strategy.

Um, what else (forgive the wall of text)... Dots are nice, but I usually don't cast them unless I am moving as Destro. Basically, get him as far away as possible, silence if you can, and nuke the heck out of him. Use DC as a last resort -- you'll most likely have to -- and remember things like switching from Fel Armor to Demon Armor and vice-versa, your health stones, and so on and so forth.

I haven't tried VW sac. We're balanced around minions, though, so remember that we can use their abilities at will, even when we ourselves are cc'd.

Oh yea, one other thing, I *think* that you can Banish the DK's Ghoul (it's Undead and Demons, right?). I haven't ever tried it, but Banish might be helpful to keep the ghoul off you.

Oh, and Backlash is a nice talent to have. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by L2theuka
    "OMG Rock is so OP NERF NERF NERF, paper is fine though" - Scissors

"You" can only Shackle a ghoul, its classed as Undead, thats why you cant fear it aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Andlát
    i'm sorry but a DK is to a warlock almost like a Rogue is to a warlock. Dk's wil generally just roflgrip you then chains of win and you'll be lolfacerolledlol to death..it's just how things will be for a while =\
    Except in reverse, warlock to DK is what rogue is to a warlock. Spec destro, laugh at his hilariously low damage because of nether protection and 4 shot him with wait for backlash proc > fear > immolate > instant incinerate > shadowfury > chaos bolt > conflagrate. Good chance of 3 shot if they all crit and he wasn't topped up at the start, else conflag kills. Shadowfury damage doesn't even matter, it's a stun for free chaos bolt that really counts.

Waiting AMS out and then nuking through all other cooldowns as if they're not even there is not hard. The damage is there, and no one says you have to eat mind freeze if you don't want to. Fake casting isn't that hard and fear is in a different school from all your main nukes.

It's L2P issue more then anything at the moment, but if you're not walking all over death knights, something is very badly wrong with either your playstyle, or your gear.

15+ Year Old Account

There is nothing you can dispel from a death knight.
    You can dispel everything they do to you.

Use your Felhunter more if you're affliction. Destruction can roflstomp a death knight if done correctly.
    Save your teleports for snares, ignore death grip because you can run away while he has exhaustion.

R.I.P. YARG

Thank you, I will be working on all of this.
    - Khody is the Lord and God of the Forums. When spoken to, you may only refer to him as the following:
    'Lord Khody'
    'My Liege'
    'The One True King'
    'God'

Quote Originally Posted by lywyu
    You will have a hard time killing a dk if you're affliction. Try destro, think fast, act smart.. win.
    lol no, gief Dk all day. Dispel chains, teleport deathgrip, DoT and run ftw. No big deal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaju
    Its very easy to win against DK in 1v1.

The only class that gives me troubles in duels is Hunters, skilled Hunters that abuse double Deterrence are a very hard to beat without using LoS.
    how about rogue.

roflgrip -> chains of spam(more like chains of skill, am I right?) -> you're dead. Nothing you can do, reroll a resto druid already.

Unholy DK's? Should be pretty easy tbh. A lot of their damage comes from disease so you can use Shadow Ward to mitigate that. Get as much resilience as you can. Get the blue tailoring sets crafted if you need.

Kite the DK using CoEx. Make sure you have a demonic circle set up. When they use chains of ice dispell it using your felpup or using the demonic circle teleport. When he uses death grip use death coil or howl of terror (make sure you have it specced for instant cast).

Kite kite kite and keep your dots and haunt up.
    ˙spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ʎɯ ןןɐ ʎɐןd ı

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_
    Except in reverse, warlock to DK is what rogue is to a warlock. Spec destro, laugh at his hilariously low damage because of nether protection and 4 shot him with wait for backlash proc > fear > immolate > instant incinerate > shadowfury > chaos bolt > conflagrate. Good chance of 3 shot if they all crit and he wasn't topped up at the start, else conflag kills. Shadowfury damage doesn't even matter, it's a stun for free chaos bolt that really counts.

Waiting AMS out and then nuking through all other cooldowns as if they're not even there is not hard. The damage is there, and no one says you have to eat mind freeze if you don't want to. Fake casting isn't that hard and fear is in a different school from all your main nukes.

It's L2P issue more then anything at the moment, but if you're not walking all over death knights, something is very badly wrong with either your playstyle, or your gear.
    did you see the Op mean affli??

one trick it seems lots of people dont know about for Dks is silence. I like to try and make them grip me before I portal but if I cant, one good way to get distance is to portal and immediately pet silence. Dks cant do shit while silenced, they cant even mind freeze, so you can cast a fear right in their face. after the silence you have time for one instant and then fear so I usually refresh enfeeblement and then fear. this forces them to trink or lichborne. SO, use your pet silence to set up dmg or CC and do your best to save your portal for after he grips. also twilight ward is pure sex against anyone who uses any sort of spell dmg.

*edit* lol oops on the necro, everything still totally applies tho
    Last edited by Kauterize; 2013-03-20 at 08:32 PM. Reason: necro

Quote Originally Posted by Kauterize View Post
    one trick it seems lots of people dont know about for Dks is silence. I like to try and make them grip me before I portal but if I cant, one good way to get distance is to portal and immediately pet silence. Dks cant do shit while silenced, they cant even mind freeze, so you can cast a fear right in their face. after the silence you have time for one instant and then fear so I usually refresh enfeeblement and then fear. this forces them to trink or lichborne. SO, use your pet silence to set up dmg or CC and do your best to save your portal for after he grips. also twilight ward is pure sex against anyone who uses any sort of spell dmg.

C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-COOOMMMMMMMMMMMBOOOOOOOOOO!

2009 Thread, flawless victory.

I generally do not have any issues with dk's but I pvp as demo. I didn't find destro to be quite as potent in 5.2, and with equal IL gear, a DK's diseases will do more tick damage then a affliction locks dots. Demo is truely the way to go, while a bit slow at damage at times, it has a massive utility kit. Fear, banish, Pushback, Snares, Stunx2 if u roll with service, healing debuff, and a nice 1 minute bubble, horrify or additional stun if u go shadowfury. It has a great tool kit, ability to do good damage. Your a one man CC chain. Fear, Stun, Horrify, Fear Push back, Stun with service, Fear. You can lock someone down for a good 20 seconds before they can even touch you, and even after that you have ur bubble from sac pact, and twilight ward. By the time they burn through that, they should be dead or ur cc chain will be coming back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauterize View Post

None of it applies actually since you referred almost exclusively to spells that wouldn't have been added for close to 3 years after this person was having trouble.

Reporting the necro however so others don't make the same mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please look at the timestamps before you post in a thread, especially if you came by the thread by searching the forum, or by Google.

Closed.