Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious by now that the next expansion will be focused on the return of the Burning Legion
    Not really. All the info we have states that they are coming back....not when. The BL waited 10000 years before coming back last time. The current focus on the BL suggest they'll return sometime soon, but that could be next Xpac...or it might be one or two XPacs further down the chain.

Storywise, it may even be better to do Azshara first given her links with the BL.

EJL

Velen had a vision of masses of land being risen from the oceans, including the Maelstrom where the Well of Eternity/Queen Aszhara's palace used to be.
    In Dawn of the Aspects, Ysera says the Nightmare is expanding slowly again in the Emerald Dream. Because apparently the greens fully lost their power, and she says the druids have to handle it themselves. Seeing how N'zoth was/is behind the Emerald Nightmare (and the Xavius into Nightmare Lord), it is a given we still must fight him.

What do we know of the Burning Legion?
    Wrathion Legendary quest part 1 hologram which shows green fire falling on Azeroth.
    Surviving Burning Legion members:
    - Sargeras -> Missing in Action
    - Kil'jeaden
    - Mephistroth
    - Talgath -> A high ranking agent of the Burning Legion tasked with scouring the Nether for living Draenei
    - Talnivarr the Sleeper
    - Varimathras -> unless Kil'jeaden/Sargeras(forgot whom) killed him after he failed to control the UC in Battle for the Undercity
    - Mal'Ganis -> was disguised as Scarlet admiral Barean Westwind, fled from Onslaught Harbor in Icecrown swearing revenge to you and Arthas/LK
    - Kathra'Natir -> Contained by Meryl Felstorm
    - Some other dreadlords whom were defeated but not perma-killed

So I guess Aszhara/N'zoth/South Sea expansion, followed by Burning Legion expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    No offence, but if anyone heard you saing that, you'd likely get punched in the teeth for it.
    People are fed up with Cata, I won't say that revaping 1-60 zone was bad idea, it was welcoming even! But rehashing old content over and over again, disguising it as something new is just lazy (see how big a dissapointment the remade ZG and ZA were).
    Outlands and Northrend don't need revaping, they're places stuck in time, and let it be that way, as a reminder on old times and nostalgia.
    I mean think what would happen if the Roman colloseum would've been renovated every few years. It would be just another damn stadium today!
    No offense, but if anyone heard you say that, you would get punched in the face for it.
    People are fed with idiots, i wont say revamping old zones takes as much time as making comletely new ones but saying Remaking the old zones so they dont get stale makes them lazy is retarded. Also using the word Rehash is as well, yes we know u saw it on the forums so u have to say exactly what u saw and complain in the same way.

Tichondrius could still be alive. I mean, we all thought that Mal'ganis was dead but he turned out to still be alive in Wrath and retreated to his homeworld to gather strength. Saying 'Archimonde would have brought him back' is like saying they would have brought back Mal'ganis. I suspect blizzard might have made that plot point up about them not dying in WoW, as a means to bring back some familiar dreadlord faces. We could well see a return of Tichondrius at some point, it's not out of the question unless something in lore suggests that the skull of gul'dan allowed illidan to fully and completely kill him in a way that Frostmourne could not to Mal'ganis.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Kyurem View Post
    I am certain that the next expansion will be Legion-themed but I don't think we're ready to go to Argus yet. Perhaps the Legion stages their assault from Xoroth under the command of Tichondrius? We go to Xoroth to finally kill the Nathrezim who we couldn't kill on Azeroth (because they need to be killed in the Twisting Nether, right?). Other villains could include Balnazzar, Varimathras and Anatheron; plus multiple other demonic villains.

It could have the same eco-diversity as Outland, neutral playable Etheral (who had fled to the planet when Dimensius , Demon Hunter class and the return of Illidan. Maybe with Illidan's return, Maiev is on the hunt again, except this time we're against her. And maybe Xoroth is the world where Alleria and Turalyon are holed up?

What do you guys think?
    I think not. Most of the things you said are complete gibberish and bullshit. I am 100% positive that there won't be any Etheral neutral race or Illidan's comeback. I want the next expansion to bring dark ranger class and emerald dream exploration as well as update on all the current models of races.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Not really. All the info we have states that they are coming back....not when. The BL waited 10000 years before coming back last time. The current focus on the BL suggest they'll return sometime soon, but that could be next Xpac...or it might be one or two XPacs further down the chain.

Storywise, it may even be better to do Azshara first given her links with the BL.

EJL
    GC said that they've gotten better at seeding expansions in the current game. In MoP, the Burning Legion is obviously seeded with Wrathion.

Furthermore, at the MoP release event Metzen said that we would need Turaylon and Alleria's help for what's coming next. As they were last seen in Outland, it is more likely we will encounter them somewhere else where the Legion is prevalent, than back in Azeroth.

what about azshara?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toomes211 View Post
    There was a big discussion about this in BC. Essentially in sunwell, KJ was using all of his power to remain tethered on azeroth, using less than 1%(could -easily- be wrong on this %, just guessing based on memory) of his total power to engage the players. Kind of like when you fight yogg, you're only fighting one head of yogg, not the entire body, and he's only using a miniscule amount of his power.

Essentially what the PC's do is kick him in the shin hard enough that he loses focus and falls back to the twisting nether, and then Velen and Azuregos seal the portal, so he can't try again.
    We also got to keep his bling.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    We also got to keep his bling.
    And to take it one step further, we didn't even best Kil'jaeden. As I recall, we basically just bought time until Kalecgos could snap Anveena out of her trance, and SHE turned the power of the Sunwell against him and flushed KJ back into the Nether.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    I think not. Most of the things you said are complete gibberish and bullshit. I am 100% positive that there won't be any Etheral neutral race or Illidan's comeback. I want the next expansion to bring dark ranger class and emerald dream exploration as well as update on all the current models of races.
    How is any of what he said bullshit? And if so, how is what you said any less bullshit? Emerald Dream was already wrapped up in the novels.

That and Blizzard confirmed we haven't seen the last of Illidan at Blizzcon so saying you're "100% positive that there won't be any...Illidan's comeback" is cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by sqicychiqotles View Post
    How is any of what he said bullshit? And if so, how is what you said any less bullshit? Emerald Dream was already wrapped up in the novels.

That and Blizzard confirmed we haven't seen the last of Illidan at Blizzcon so saying you're "100% positive that there won't be any...Illidan's comeback" is cute.
    Even out of game comments aside, there's a part of the Warlock green fire questline that could be a hint of Illidan's return, with a race of demons that were loyal to him still sticking around despite his death. That could also mean something else, or it could be a seed for his return.

The Legion really doesn't need 3 expansions to set up Argus, going to Argus to defeat Sargeras next expansion isn't stretching it at all, Sargeras gets a little too much credit as being the big bad of WoW when he clearly isn't being built up as that, else they'd have more references to him everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Azshara can easily be tied into a Burning Legion expansion, for diversity's sake. I know I'd hate an expansion which would be nothing more than Demons and red fiery lands.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-03-25 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    The Legion really doesn't need 3 expansions to set up Argus, going to Argus to defeat Sargeras next expansion isn't stretching it at all, Sargeras gets a little too much credit as being the big bad of WoW when he clearly isn't being built up as that, else they'd have more references to him everywhere.

Azshara can easily be tied into a Burning Legion expansion, for diversity's sake. I know I'd hate an expansion which would be nothing more than Demons and red fiery lands.
    While they could do that, I'd rather see Azshara and N'zoth with their own expansion. Still plenty of south seas/island content they can work with. More islands rising from the water as part of a naga invasion, there's the Undermine which could serve as a neutral city like shat/dalaran, Kul'tiras, the ruins of Zandalar, Tomb of Sargeras, that island Rhonin and Krasus landed on before going back in time, Ny'alotha and Najatar (I'm sure I misspelled that), etc. They could even tie the emerald dream/nightmare into it as a zone or raid, since the corruption there isn't entirely gone and it's most likely N'zoth is the old god responsible for it. If I'm not mistaken, the Stormrage novel indicated the source lay under the ocean.

As for why Sargeras isn't being built up, I suspect he will be when they're getting closer to him. Right now it's just small things, like Gul'dan opening his tomb and freeing his avatar or whatever that was, his voice in the undercity siege when Varimatharus fails, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Kyurem View Post
    Eh, WoW doesn't really go by the whole "Level = Power" thing. But to be fair, when we fought KJ in TBC, he wasn't even fully in Azeroth. If he was successfully summoned we'd have been screwed.
    this, legs got stuck somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    It's because Sargeras currently doesn't even have a body, and his Spirit is who the fuck knows where.

His physical form was crushed in the collapse of the Well of Eternity (crushed isn't the best word, but...it was basically crushed) , and his spirit was banished out of Medivh.

It makes sense that he's not being built up because a lot of lore figures think he's done.

From Chris Metzen & Micky Neilson

they said that "he's out there somewhere", that "you can’t put him down" and "he’s not going to stay down for long". At last Metzen said: I'd be very disappointed in us if we didn’t leverage him fully.
    He IS the Big Bad. He's just currently...fucked.
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2013-03-25 at 04:08 PM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    GC said that they've gotten better at seeding expansions in the current game. In MoP, the Burning Legion is obviously seeded with Wrathion.
    Yes...and Azshara made an appearance in Cataclysm, along with a fairly heavy Naga presence.

Seeded now doesn't necessarily mean an appearance in the next Xpac. If they can work three XPacs in advance, then they can seed three XPacs in advance.

It does seem more than likely the next Xpac will be Legion themed. That, however, is still far from a certainty. Azshara is still very much in contention. I would hope they don't put her in an Xpac as a secondary character. She's enough of a character and the Naga have enough game presence and history that she can be the Big Bad of an Xpac without the Legion. If anything, if the two are in one Xpac, the Legion should be the secondary plot.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    My wishes for the next expansion:

• 2 "new" races -> High Elves for the Alliance and Ogres for the Horde
    • A new hero class -> Demon Hunter
    • 3 new levels
    • Outland revamped with 3 new unreleased zones
    • and many more things ...

Quote Originally Posted by Noujou View Post
    i still want to have demon hunters as a class, and them introduce a new weapon type called glaive :P (or just maybe do what they did with illidan's glaives :P)

but thats just me
    It's not just you I want it too!! Many ppl wanna be badass Illidans/Daemon Hunters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    No offense, but if anyone heard you say that, you would get punched in the face for it.
    People are fed with idiots, i wont say revamping old zones takes as much time as making comletely new ones but saying Remaking the old zones so they dont get stale makes them lazy is retarded. Also using the word Rehash is as well, yes we know u saw it on the forums so u have to say exactly what u saw and complain in the same way.
    Look, it's one thing that you fix the quests so you don't have to walk 50 miles there and back every time, I can live with that; but when you go as far to completely change the inviroments, events and set them in future, that's just asking for trouble. If they'd want to re-enter Outlands, they make another entrance for it.
    But leave the original outlands and northrend in state of past. I'm gonna refere to colloseum argument again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    Look, it's one thing that you fix the quests so you don't have to walk 50 miles there and back every time, I can live with that; but when you go as far to completely change the inviroments, events and set them in future, that's just asking for trouble. If they'd want to re-enter Outlands, they make another entrance for it.
    But leave the original outlands and northrend in state of past. I'm gonna refere to colloseum argument again.
    I think the ravamp of Azeroth was a neccisary evil, and ultimately good for the game in the long run, though in the short term the amount of resources it took hurt the end game in Cata. Leveling is much improved imo by this, and I think blizzard has learned from the experience so that if they ever decide to update a continent again or zone again, they'll know what they're getting into and plan accordingly and be prepared for it.