Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Quit about 6-8 months ago

Anything new and exciting for me to come back to the game? It got very dull after completing all the dungeons, and smashing my face against walls in WvWvW, PvP was always fun, have they made anything better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Game launched 7 months ago.

Yeah, you've missed alot.
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Elemair View Post
    Anything new and exciting for me to come back to the game? It got very dull after completing all the dungeons, and smashing my face against walls in WvWvW, PvP was always fun, have they made anything better?
    It is still the same basic game it was at launch.

As with the majority of MMOs on the current market Guild Wars 2 receives incremental improvements, polish and active live development.

Some bullet points:

- There are now dailies
    - There are a series of mini dungeons called "Fractals of the Mists"
    - Ascended gear was introduced [gear specifically to combat the above Fractals of the Mists mechanics]
    - There are some new PVP maps
    - UI tweaks
    - Guesting is available
    - Various events in the world were added
    - Mini quests called 'Living Story' which present a sideways story to the Zhitan thing

Again, just like every other MMO out there with some money behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    - There are now dailies
    You realize there have always been daily (achievements), right? It's just that now they a) put more variety into them and b) changed the UI related to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Yes, but the format of dailies has changed enough that I thought he might find that novel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tournaments are now free.
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/b...e-tournaments/

There's Guild Missions now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=7z_8_yKMzGA

New Spirit Watch PvP map has CTF
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/i...watch-pvp-map/

Temple of the Silent Storm is the other new PvP map

They are using ladders for PvP matching

Daily and Monthly PvP achievements were added

Fractals of the Mists is the new dungeon that scales to infinity in difficulty
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/l...-mist-dungeon/

New Ascended gear category

A new zone was added

100's of dynamic events and quite a few jumping puzzles were added.
    Valar morghulis

Dailies indeed are a novel item

I jest, although the ability to choose how you want to complete the daily is pretty cool and would be the novel part of it in my opinion.

So I quit about a month after release (well I sort of drifted away and played different games and did a lot of work and stuff) and I'm getting back into GW2 now. What New Zone did they add?

Southsun Cove

level 80 area

nice looking area, some interesting new creatures, a few dynamic events, not much else there though

Interesting. Is it underwater? I'm not a big fan of underwater combat.

Nah, there a few underwater spots but nothing more than most areas you find in the game

It's an island with a new creature (well not so new now) called Karka. The veteran ones like to roll over you like a roly poly.

Not much has changed, especially in the PvP department. They did add a gear treadmill, gear that is also useful in WvW. If you've gotten 100% map completion, did all the dungeons and had some fun in PvP/WvW and then got bored, you will probably quickly get bored again now.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Southsun Cove

level 80 area

nice looking area, some interesting new creatures, a few dynamic events, not much else there though
    There's not much there yet, but the refugees tied to the living story will eventually migrate there. And some of the guild missions take place there as well, so they will be adding more to that zone it would seem.

Deleted
    OP, let's be serious now, the game, if you've bought is already, is free for you. You don't need a subscription so it's not like you had to pay a month to see what happened, you can just rejoin and see.

We could say anything about the stuff you wanted, but it's mostly what we think of the game, you need to try it yourself to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think what Snowraven is saying is all you have to do is step through the portal and you’re there, in a magical land of glory, victory, and triumph.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I think what Snowraven is saying is all you have to do is step through the portal and you’re there, in a magical land of glory, victory, and triumph.
    ...most days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    ...most days.
    Oh darn, here you go again spoiling my fun. I was hoping the OP would catch the reference (although that may have been unrealistic on my part since he, you know, quit before the game launched ;-)
    Valar morghulis

Oh darn, here you go again spoiling my fun. I was hoping the OP would catch the reference (although that may have been unrealistic on my part since he, you know, quit before the game launched ;-)
    B-b-but I got the reference. I am too self interested to not let others know how pleased I am in me.

However, I do want to say that these type of "I quit back in X"/"Thinking of coming back" type posts are indeed somewhat inappropriate. As others have pointed out GW2 if owned requires only a login.

There is a big difference in having to ask this sort of question of a subscription game. Where the commitment to so many months of service looms for lots of folks.

Games like Secret World and Guild Wars don't ask or require that commitment.

So ya'know, sorta pointless to ask when it can be experienced. Immediately.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-03-23 at 09:18 PM.

Deleted
    No. Someone told me I'm a nice broccolli while helping them up a puzzle jump today, so I think I meant he'll be in the land of nice broccolli, ferocious cats, smart rats, big and little humans. That's much more fitting. There may also be quaggans around there, but we're killing more and more, skinning them and turning them into backpacks... what? where did you think those backpacks come from?

I just wondered if there was anything eye opening as it takes time and memory to download all the patches I've missed + my internet download speed.

Thanks for the comments though, and I quit after Hallows Eve, I guess I suck at estimating time, sorry.