Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I think it's funny 2 people have pointed out that same figure is cheaper somewhere else.

And no, a Lego "mini-fig" is not worth that much money. The limited edition collector's toys I have that are a foot tall, those are worth $160 since they #1 Limited edition and only a certain number were made #2 They're a foot tall so it's worth it.

This is the best example of why legos cost so much to buy nowdays. :<
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

15+ Year Old Account
    LEGOs, yes they're worth it. While I don't spend that much money on it myself, I do think LEGO is still awesome and everytime I see some awesome LEGO stuff I am like "Oh, would I want that. Sad that it's so expensive though". I do still build stuff, but not that often, so for me $160 would be a "waste".

Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    Most things expensive aren't 'worth' it really.
    Something is worth what the buyer pays for it. If it sells, it's worth that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Miscer View Post
    Says the guy with 11k posts in two years.
    There's no need for this. Neither what Semaphore said though...
    Last edited by Taurenburger; 2013-03-25 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    This is the best example of why legos cost so much to buy nowdays. :<
    The LEGOs with licenses (like Star Wars) are actually more expensive than regular LEGO sets. You can calculate this with the number of parts / price.
    That said LEGO is still of very good quality. There are a lot of knock-off these days, but they aren't really near the level of real LEGO.

I think I bought the Lego electric train setup for over $100.00 back in the day. Looking back at the awesomeness of building an elaborate train to then run it and make it explode . It was worth well over $500.00 for the hours of enjoyment it brought me. Personally my daughter is 9months old right now she will never know what a barbie is she will get lego's and erector sets to paly with.

Lego is the only toy I ever let my folks spend high amounts of cash on when I was a kid for x mas or birthdays,

Totally worth it,

but if you only want the figure

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEGO-STAR-...item3f23567fd9

Theres a fair few on ebay ranging from 7 quid BO to 60 quid BO, although thats UK price not sure about america / shipment cost from uk

Although if you could link the set, that would be awesome I still buy a few sets at college for when Im bored if im honest

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 08:46 PM ----------

Also to those who are saying its not worth it for the whole set,

Your welcome to your opinion but this is one of the only times Ill say it, your opinion is wrong,

Lego is something that will be around for ever, Ive had it since, I was around 7, and still buy the occasional set, at Christmas when I come home for the holidays, some nights Ill just smash up all my harry potter lego and start from scratch and make up my own set, nothing to be ashamed of tbh, but when I settle down have a kid or two, once they get a bit older I'll pass it on to them, so, about 1k gbp spent across 15 years for my own enjoyment, and future generation, yea completely worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    There's a LEGO set in my local toy shop with a very distinct, large setup, that includes a minifigure of Darth Malgus, a minifigure I've been longing for. He is primarily the reason I am seeking to buy the set, but it is 160$ total...is it worth it?
    Depends on what the ratio of this price is to your disposable income. Do you have $160 to blow every month on something after bills/savings? YOLO right? Get the set if you can afford it, if it makes you feel good.

$160 is what, 5 or 6 dinners out? CHEAP ones at that. Eat ramen noodles for a week or two and pay for it IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Depends on what the ratio of this price is to your disposable income. Do you have $160 to blow every month on something after bills/savings? YOLO right? Get the set if you can afford it, if it makes you feel good.

$160 is what, 5 or 6 dinners out? CHEAP ones at that. Eat ramen noodles for a week or two and pay for it IMO.
    someone has never played with legos.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    what does the set do that makes it worth 800$?
    It sits on my desk, being the Milennium Falcon.

It awesomes.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    That's what they're called. What do you call them?
    Well here "Lego" is treated like it's a material. Like, I can have "a box of Lego" or "a Lego model" or "a Lego helicopter". You can tell your kid to "pick up your Lego blocks" or "Lego pieces". But you can't have "a Lego" or "Legos".

Kind of like how you can have a wood train or a wood box but you can't have a wood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I can't really imagine buying Legos at all, but I'm not here to crap on other people's hobbies. If you're in a decent place financially, you absolutely get the green light on them. If you have to ask, I have a feeling they might not really be a good purchase at this time though.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    holy crap! where have I been? when did they start making SWTOR lego?

and do I see Satele Shaan in the other set? (and the trooper from the cinematic?)

Buy only fake chinese ones.
    Seriously. You know what is better than a silly hobby? A cheaper silly hobby.

(On a serious note, if you got the spare cash, feed your hobby at all times!)

Depends how you look at it if you love it you get it. Me and my gf buy gundam kits lol but for a "toy" I would call it my 335 Beemer!

if you like lego go for it. its your money you earned it do what you please (some people will spend their money of prostitutes, total waste of money imo). i spend $100+ on my anime blu rays, figures and i have tons of them.

Deleted
    Is it worth buying a toy for 160$?
    Depends on how big it is

It's a pretty subjective thing...something might be worth more to you than me, and vice versa. I mean, I just spent $70 on a pocket knife last night. Why? Because I collect knives, this particular model is US made with a high end steel, and I find it aesthetically pleasing. So to ME, it was worth it. I'm sure there are several people who might read this though and think it's crazy to drop that much on a folding knife. Likewise, other people here might be wearing $200 shoes, whereas I would pay that much for shoes.

I say do it, at least you have a relatively inexpensive hobby. You are an art collector that collects lego art.