Some hunter questions.

Hows it going Folks? I've been away from game for about 5 months, and need some help deciding on some loot i've picked up this past week. Currently im weighing whether the tier 14 4 set bonus is currently better than the Two galleon pieces im wearing( Chest and Helm off galleon) I have two pieces of 496 Tier 14( The legs which i got before i took my break, and the gloves which i actually just looted) and the LFR chest and helm. What i'm wondering is if the 4 set bonus is worth more than the stats on the 496 Galleon pieces( Which would only give me the 2 set bonus.

Also, I need to be updated on gemming if you will. As survival, am i going to be gemming straight agility like in Cata, or am i actively trying to match the socket bonuses on some gear if its good? ( Like if its double yellow slot and the bonus is 120 mastery, wouldnt the gemming for straight agil be better off than the double agil/crit oranges?)

Thanks for the assistance! appreciate it greatly

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...peviper/simple

(Ignore the reforging atm, doing that once gear is settled.)
    Last edited by Arkamedis; 2013-03-31 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Armory link

10+ Year Old Account
    For the most part secondary stats are 1/2 has good as primary so if you can get, say, 160 mastery as a bonus you're probably better off gemming 80agi +something else as the 160 mastery plus the other stat on the gem plus the 80 agi will be worth more DPS than 160 agi. If the bonus ISNT double, then dont match it.

can't speak to the 4pc issue...

Gemming and stats look fine. You're low on hit... the easiest thing to do would be to replace the 458 pvp trink with a Ghost Iron Dragonling and use the tinkers to get 600 each hit/crit/mastery.

If you get one yellow/blue socket in an item with 60 agi, it's generally best to go with socket bonuses that give agi. When it's not better is if you are over the hit cap and gem a hit gem for the 60 agi bonus essentially wasting the hit and losing agility.

In regards to the 4 piece it looks like you have both LFR pieces, I'd sim that with reforges at femaledwarf first. It's probably really close any way.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart