Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What type of political speaker appeals to you?

See title for question.

What type of character appeals to you in politics - when they speak.
    Do you like calm ones? Relaxed ones? Or those that try to rally the supporters with motivation.. or are you one who goes with those who put lot of emotion and maybe even rage to their speeches (tyranny-style)?
    Or is all about cold hard facts?

I personally like something between motivational, inspirational but at same time strict "dont mess with us" mentality.
    I also dislike those that try to kiss asses in sense of "I know what needs to be done. Work is awesome and people need to work yay for work!"

I'd say one of my favorite speakers lately has been Ron paul. I think he is great, as speaker at least. Cant really say much about policies - and maybe I shouldnt so the thread wont derail

Note: please dont make this political debate in sense of "my party is better than yours". I'm speaking strictly about characters.

I like facts, figures, and specifics. But I'm weird.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I like the ones that speak facts and honesty. I have yet to find one in this country.

The kind that uses facts, and more importantly numbers. Bill Clinton's DNC speech got me wet.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I like facts, figures, and specifics. But I'm weird.
    Agreed but the trouble with JUST these things is that the speaker can come off somewhat cold, robotic and detached. There needs to be some sort of emotion and a connection weaved within the facts in order to really get through to the people.

15+ Year Old Account
    People often say they like facts, then I see them come here and spout pure propaganda from their favorite politician like it's fact.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    I like putin and lukashenko because if you do some goddamn research and put away your typical american ''gosh dern russian commie'' attitude away you can see them actually give about their country and birthplace. I'll give some examples, Belarus has the lowest unemployment rate in the east along with Russia and has the best consumer goods that everyone can afford, Russia has enormous economic growth that will most likely surpass the west in a few years plus putin makes his own damn mind unlike european puppets that just hop into the bandwagon to whatever black and white conflict in the world while putin has a very interesting perspective. for example:

10+ Year Old Account
    The one that shuts the fuck up and does something.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    I like putin and lukashenko because if you do some goddamn research and put away your typical american ''gosh dern russian commie'' attitude away you can see them actually give about their country and birthplace. I'll give some examples, Belarus has the lowest unemployment rate in the east along with Russia and has the best consumer goods that everyone can afford, Russia has enormous economic growth that will most likely surpass the west in a few years plus putin makes his own damn mind unlike european puppets that just hop into the bandwagon to whatever black and white conflict in the world while putin has a very interesting perspective. for example:

Doesnt the Belarusian poltical speakers carry the threat of being beaten to a pulp...

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    The one that shuts the fuck up and does something.
    I like the ones that speak facts and honesty.
    There's no such thing in politics, unfortunately. Or, there might be, but how do you know they're being honest and actually doing something?

I hate ALL the politicians , they are all lying incompetent thieves (atleast in my country) .

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    There's no such thing in politics, unfortunately. Or, there might be, but how do you know they're being honest and actually doing something?
    By being voted out of office by financing large opposition campaign like happened with Alan Grayson when he started digging too deep and actually grilling bankers
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    One that is rational. That does not get carried away by emotions. Has experience with what they are talking about.
    Last edited by mmoc859327f960; 2013-03-27 at 06:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always enjoyed Clinton speeches. It's kind of a mix between facts and substance with a bit of inspiration and "I'm gonna let you in on a little secret" attitude thrown in.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    One that is honest.

OH WAIT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Blunt and realistic in actually addressing something substantive (opposite of hope and change). I don't really care about the level of emotion that is shown (though if you start crying I would have to put my foot down (looking at you Boehner, man up)).
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Obama. It sounds so good when he lies.

Deleted
    i love the ones that lie!

im really spoiled for choice

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ones that act like the Joker from Dark Knight.

The one who speaks plainly and has supporting evidence & facts to back him/her up.

So, what I really want is a scientist.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance