Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I like honest people who can actually speak my language and are enthusiastic about doing something good. You can hear from the tone of their voice how enthusiastic they are, you can hear from the message how good they want to do... as for honesty, unfortunately this one you only find later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    Ones that act like the Joker from Dark Knight.
    I would love it if a senator would get on the senate floor and give the Joker's "it's all part of the plan" line of thought and expanded on it while talking exactly like the Joker would.

For example, we want to force people to spend however much money to universally insure Americans to save a few lives and improve the quality of life for a few people when that amount of money could save dozens or hundreds of times as many lives of poor starving African children. In general people don't seem to care because those poor starving African children dying is "all part of the plan... Even if the plan is horrifying!" whereas your neighbor not being able to get hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical care when he gets cancer because he choose not to have insurance, "well then everyone loses their minds!".
    Last edited by DEATHETERNAL; 2013-03-27 at 07:13 PM.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Deleted
    Ones that don't lie.

Deleted
    One who speaks true and doesn't sugar coat it, most politicians are just bloody liars.

I like the funny ones, that belittle their political oponents, I wouldn't vote for them though.

This is probably one of the funniest moments in Swedish politics ever. From 1994, Swedish citizens have just voted Yes to membership in the EU, with a really small margin. In the studio of Swedish Radio(public service)the day after the referendum Per Gahrton(party leader for the Green Party) and Carl Bildt(party leader for the Moderate party and Prime Minster at the time).

We will now listen to a very very frustrated and disappointed MP from the Green party and no one can be quite so disappointed as an MP from the Green party. He's worked hard for 6 months to make Sweden vote NO to EU membership in the referendum and he's failed, he's now forced into the radio studio to meet a cocky winner in the shape of Carl Bildt.

- Per Gharton didn't laugh, but you will laugh and we laugh and this is a top 100 moment and everyone is laughing.

---------------------------------------------------------
    (Per Gahrton in the studio) - They have described us as liars and scammers, as fascists and Le Pen supporters...
    (radio journalist) - but should one not try to avoid being a sore loser Per Gahrton?
    (Per Gahrton in the studio) - Avoid being a sore loser? Now we got the Yes-Side sitting here having won with smallest margin a country has ever joined the EU with and we are now supposed to forget all these insults, forget about them having called us idiots, all the vomit inducing insults, all the abuse we have gotten, they have pumped in "Yes-voters" into groups that have done the research...
    (Carl Bildt) - Per I think it's time for you to go and lay down and rest for a bit
    (Per Gahrton in the studio) - shut up Carl Bildt, this is a serious debate...
    (Carl Bildt) - yes thats exactly what I mean
    (Per Gahrton in the studio) - ... I represent almost half of the swedish population ...
    (Carl Bildt) - thats very possible
    (Per Gahrton in the studio) - ... you are trying to avoid taking your responsibility, it's insane
    (Carl Bildt) - Per just calm down a little bit, I understand your bitterness
    (Per Gahrton in the studio) - I'm not bitter at all
    (Carl Bildt) - calm down a bit Per
    (Per Gahrton in the studio) - Carl Bildt don't you dare speak to me with some sort of superior Prime minister tone
    What makes this conversation amazing is the tone of the voices of these two gentlemen, Carl Bildt sounds like speaks to an unruly child and Per Gahrton... well he just sounds bitter as all hell. rofl

My favorite politician in my country is Leif Pagrotsky though, because he's competent and don't mind going against party policy when he thinks it's the right thing to do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leif_Pagrotsky
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-03-27 at 07:37 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

There are quite a few speakers I enjoy watching on youtube and other places. I can't think of one politician. Maybe Boris Johnson because he is not afraid to speak his mind and is actually quite a good debater.

Without sounding snobbish I found most politicians lack any substance and would rather listen to an intelligent speaker.

15+ Year Old Account
    I read "ones that don't lie" as "ones that appeal to my personal set of political beliefs".
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    The one that shuts the fuck up and does something.
    Wish it would be that easy :P too complicated to just get stuff done alone. Over here the power is not with government - its with "government officials". One person in law offices can block laws getting thro here because "they are busy now". One. Cool stuff

Deleted
    I like hearing old politicians who have been in the game for decades who still talk optimistically about the future without being embittered or jaded, despite being in the thick of some of the trickiest and bleakest chapters of world governance.

Like Gorbachev talking about democracy in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCSINiaVM2M

Or Talabani talking about Iraq's future as a unified, multilateral (and eventually stable) democracy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCSINiaVM2M

I will let you know when I find one.

The ones who are direct, specific, and honest. Unfortunately, those don't exist.

Deleted
    I prefer a politician who doesn't sugar coat the issue at hand. I would rather hear the truth however terrible rather than a load of BS and then have them tip toe around the issue.

But unfortunately most politicians care about their careers than the good of the country.