Invocation of the Dawn...

So I had this drop for me but sadly its junk, Think we should start a petition to have its stats equal to a main and off hand together and toss in a gem slot or two for good measure......any thoughts?
    Last edited by witch1; 2013-04-07 at 03:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's weird that it doesn't have Spirit on it. Anyone who would be interested in using it can use Spirit to great effect.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Deleted
    It does have "bad" stats but to be honest as long as it has mastery and you can reforge crit it is alright. That said I would never use this weapon unless I had the heroic thunderforged version and even then I would not use it on Dark Animus and Durumu as it has a 3.6 sec swing timer and thus makes me regenerate much less mana on those fights.

I'd never use it over a 1h and shield unless it had equal stats + spirit on it.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    as it has a 3.6 sec swing timer and thus makes me regenerate much less mana on those fights.
    Isn't SoI now tuned so that if you swing less often then every single swing will regen mana?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miedo View Post
    Isn't SoI now tuned so that if you swing less often then every single swing will regen mana?
    As far as I know it doesnt scale 100% but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Miedo View Post
    according to WoWhead comments:

The proc rate on the heal is 15ppm. This means that with a 2.6speed weapon it's heal proc is 65%, and with a 2.8 it procs 70% of the time. A 3.8second weapon will proc 95% of the time.

Haste and reckoning do not change the proc rate.

Edit: Proc rate increased 33% to make up for the recent bug fix with how this seal interacts with Hammer of the Righteous. This would make it a 20ppm seal and a 86.7% proc chance with a 2.6 speed weapon, and a 93.3% proc chance with a 2.8 speed weapon. Its 100% with any weapons with a speed of 3 or higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    I'd never use it over a 1h and shield unless it had equal stats + spirit on it.
    I wouldn't use it over a 1h + shield because of the armor loss unless it had significantly more stats on it. Even then, as I mentioned in other threads I don't like the tradeoff between mitigation (which we are balanced around having) and throughput/output.

I carry around 4 sets of gear (including what I wear). Having to have a shield for some fights and for soloing/questing and a 2H for max-throughput on non-physical fights and constantly switching (and taking more gear, more bag space) is not what I call "meaningful tradeoffs."

Leave this to the boomkins, IMO.