Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    The mantid are easily the most primal, violent race on Pandaria.
    I thought that was the saurok

"A mere toy left by The Usurper" is almost surely talking about the object that holds his heart. And the request of "Release me" is telling. He isn't even hiding the fact that he's a looming threat at this point.

All this stuff with the Darkspear and Garrosh. The Alliance versus the Horde. It's going to boil over and Y'shaarj knows it. Heck, his followers are the Mantid -- a race that throws the majority of their lives away fighting the Pandaren (Violence). Even the Klaxxi regard the player character with grave xenophobia. This stance of thinking themselves racially superior could be thought of as either Pride or Hate; both of which are Sha aspects.

The mantid are easily the most primal, violent race on Pandaria. It's no coincidence that their God is fed by the suffering that they inflict on themselves and others. They're doing all they can to bring Yshaarj back.
    which always made me think that when this whole thing is over garrosh is dead allies/horde don't hate each other as much any more, the allies or horde go back. and wipe the mantid off the planet. i mean call it what you will but their whole society is the worship and bolstering of an old god, and they will stand with them if they return. plus the fact that their whole "swarm" was shot to hell with the work from the players and the Klaxxi. it would make it more of a mop up job then anything.

Deleted
    I know that's Neil Kaplan!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    which always made me think that when this whole thing is over garrosh is dead allies/horde don't hate each other as much any more, go back. and wipe the mantid off the planet, i mean call it what you will but their whole society is the worship and bolstering of an old god, and they will stand with them if they return. plus the fact that their whole "swarm" was shot to hell with the work from the players and the Klaxxi. it would make it more of a mop up job then anything.
    I think the future of the klaxxi would fall to the shado pan. Remember, their job isnt only to keep the sha under control but their main purpose is to fight off the klaxxi. If anyone was to finish them out it would be them.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    I think the future of the klaxxi would fall to the shado pan. Remember, their job isnt only to keep the sha under control but their main purpose is to fight off the klaxxi. If anyone was to finish them out it would be them.
    that is if they even do so. keep in mind the Shado pan are more of a police force meant to "contain" threats. this to me is the horde and allies going: "uh, yea we don't want/need a bunch of old god worshipers around to help their gods in the event they come back". after Cata if the leadership of both sides don't see the Mantid as massive potential threat that should be put down not held back then i don't know what to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who even knows man, the sha are basically his essence and when we kill them all 2 things could happen: They unite to reform him or he's dead forever...

I vote for option 1 Heroic only boss: Y'Shaarj

15+ Year Old Account
    I think that they are 'dead' in terms of the story, while they can come back it is not very good to go back and revive a villain that has already has been died, not that I am saying that they are 100% dead in every form, but I do not expect them coming back.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioichi View Post

"taking refuge within the ruined city of Ahn'Qiraj, Cho'gall's body became warped by the power of the Old God C'Thun."
    Should we expect a similar thing for Garrosh?

Oh god, that final soundbite. That's some Hellraiser shit right there, the back of my neck is all tingly now.

Such... exquisite... pain...

10+ Year Old Account
    i have a theory that once we kill the 7th sha it will allow y'shaarj to awaken...
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

"A mere toy left by The Usurper" is almost surely talking about the object that holds his heart. And the request of "Release me" is telling. He isn't even hiding the fact that he's a looming threat at this point.

All this stuff with the Darkspear and Garrosh. The Alliance versus the Horde. It's going to boil over and Y'shaarj knows it. Heck, his followers are the Mantid -- a race that throws the majority of their lives away fighting the Pandaren (Violence). Even the Klaxxi regard the player character with grave xenophobia. This stance of thinking themselves racially superior could be thought of as either Pride or Hate; both of which are Sha aspects.

The mantid are easily the most primal, violent race on Pandaria. It's no coincidence that their God is fed by the suffering that they inflict on themselves and others. They're doing all they can to bring Yshaarj back.
    The Mantid are confident(rightfully so) and the most elite fighters the horde/alliance have ever come across. For thousands of years they have used the 'lesser races' as a method of training themselves and evolving into the most elite fighting force possible with them even realizing they are being used. All waiting for the day of the old gods return. The Shado-Pan could not kill them if they wanted to, they are legion. The only reason we actually got into there turf is because they let us because they were in a civil war and saw that we could serve a purpose. For everyone we cut down 10 more are born. They feed and grow off chaos just like Y'saarj does.

My money is on Garrosh releasing pride in the upcoming patch, and falling prey to it and then the other sha emotions. He will then be Y'saarj reborn just minus the tentacle body since he will be the fulcrum for all the shas. To me, this seems like it may have been the mantid's and Y'saarj's plan all along and the reason why the mist was dropped. Y'ssarj was looking for a host, just like the Lich King set up events to find one when he needed Arthas.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    That's the thing though. With Old Gods, as long as their essence is there - lingering on, they can regain their body over time by their "sleep". Their mortal husks can be destroyed over a thousand times and all they'd need is some time to recover.

Then again, this could be old lore. Blizzard seems to be retconning a lot lately, and especially Old God stuff -- whatwith the "there are a lot of Old Gods" now.
    For all we know, C'thun could come back.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioichi View Post
    I believe only his body is "dead as dead". He cant rise up and take over. But I think he means his essence is always alive.
    This.

Old Gods are classified as Eternal.

I'm not convinced any of the ones we've done in so far are actually dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldscar View Post
    Should we expect a similar thing for Garrosh?
    Maybe so. Wouldn't surprise me.

to be stright up. There might be a chance of Y'shaarj being reborn because now we know that the empiror of pandarian is the sha of pride or is more connected to it then the rest of the other sha. and even they have been defeated they properly will still be able to merge with pride when its defeated. which means that if Y'shaarj is realy dead that it's likely Garrosh will be the final boss of Mop, if not then the first case senario will occer and we'll be fighting any old god again (and the pandarin celestial taking the place over the titanic watcher hehehe).

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to believe when Metzen said Y'Shaarj was "dead for real" he meant it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Did people really thing Y'shaarj was completely dead even if blizzard says it? Good way of building up tension. And by the way dead does not equal end in WoW

If Y'shaarj wasn't wholly destroyed, and he was only "killed" in the same way as C'thun and Yogg-saron, it begs the question; why did his "death" spawn the Sha when the "deaths" of the other old gods" spawned nothing?

Perhaps rather than simply being the remains of Y'shaarj, the Sha were willfuly created as an act of spite?

It also raises another question - If Y'shaarj needed to be imprisoned after being killed, what does that mean for C'thun and Yogg-saron, who's spirits are not contained - are they now "free"? Maybe they lured us into killing them for that very reason?

10+ Year Old Account
    More interesting to me are the lines "Your agony....rejuvenates me." and "Your hatred strengthens me!"
    To say nothing of 'My blood hungers.'

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    If Y'shaarj wasn't wholly destroyed, and he was only "killed" in the same way as C'thun and Yogg-saron, it begs the question; why did his "death" spawn the Sha when the "deaths" of the other old gods" spawned nothing?
    Well there's a dangerous assumption to make...

Although it should be noted that Y'Shaarj's essence poisoned the land as a formless miasma until the emperor Shaohao drew it out and caused it to take the form of the Sha, which could be fought and imprisoned.

Makes me remember when you kill yogg... he dies at like 1%, not 0%. Perhaps it's somehow related to that?