Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    We're doing that every time, even a tranq won't save someone dying with the healing reduction from the storm. I think our problem is we're not handling the lightning debuff properly so its still on everyone during the storm.

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 02:50 AM ----------

Hmm yes we should probably swap a few people portalling. I wonder how its supposed to be done without a lock..
    We did it with no Warlock.

Its important that healers have everyone topped going into the storm (Revival FTW), and everyone used personals. If you get caught, call for a life grip.

One of the problems is that people panic when everyone drops low, but there should be zero damage once you are out of the storm - as long as everyone is spread out.

If you are having issues with beating the second Storm, make sure everyone saves their 5 min CDs and uses second potion.

Once you hit the last phase it is loot time.

Deleted
    On the tanking debate:

Paladins/Monks and then DK's seem to be the best choice if accompanied by a paladin that can BoP.

That being said my guild got he kill for the first time yesterday with my tanking (a protection warrior) and tank dmg didn't bother us a whole lot.

Can't post log atm due to a low post count, but check out Marbuslogs on Tarren Mill EU for 14-04 for the kill.
    A few notes for those intrested:

first phase:
    - At 2 impales use demo shout,
    - start changing minor cooldowns
    - Use rallying whenever people are taking the spears, pref when they are taking the 2nd or 3rd
    - Same goes for Demo banner
    - demo shout again, once demo shout is about to go off shield wall
    - phase 1 should end when shield wall is off.
    Regulate as you see fit. I tried to shield block as much as possible for the dmg increase from glyph/enrage. But you'll have to spend most of your rage in shield barrier once you reach 3-4+ stacks. Make sure you use your rage gainers properly, everything counts, and try to do berserker rage with shield slam/revenge when you are without shield block for the 10% dmg. It's something.

Phase 2:
    - Bop'd as dog comes down
    - Use demo shout a little into first impale and make sure you are keeping up a good rotation so that when the storm hits you can pop a full 60 rage shield barrier.
    - Stacks reset after windstorm so you can once again pump all rage into shield block and reap the benefits extra dmg/migation.
    If you are getting a second windstorm you are on thin ice, it is a much harder fight if your DPS can't pull off this phase in 1 windstorm.

Phase 3:
    I didn't get a bop for this one as this phase is VERY manageable with tank dmg. You have large breaks during the dead zones to get healed and even when impales are high it should be perfectly manageable for healers.
    - You'll mainly be doing shield barriers throughout this phase as impales will be by far the largest portion of the dmg you take.
    Once the phase is nearing it's end (roughly when the dog is on 30%) you'll want to be bopped during a dead zone and then get ready for the funsies as the dogies come down.

Phase 4:
    - All the dogs come down, you'll want to precast shield block as you have shit for vengeance due to the bop + you are mainly gonna be taking buttloads of melee dmg. Just make sure you get it in just before you think they'll attack, because the lot of them can hit you at once if you are unlucky, and without migation that is a huge spike.
    - Shield wall or demo at this point, I pref to demo and be greedy with the big CD's as our healers kept me up fine. But main prio will be to be safe, so just make sure you have cooldowns for atleast the 2 first dogs so you don't riskt he raid.

Final phase:
    Easiest phase for you, simple tank and spank, you'll want to get bopped once you are a bit into the fight and he is doing a fist smash.
    Make sure your healres are ready to give you CD's when asked for, I dropped and actualyl died at roughly 10% due to calling and relying on a PS that was already spend. If such happens just pop your own cds and don't think to far ahead.

As far as DPS goes:
    Bloodbath/dragonsroar on the first impale after a few ticks.
    Then when bloodbath/dragons roar is off cd and you are nearing 4 impales pop the lot of your cds, (meaning recklessness, berserking, whatevs you have). THis way you get the most out of your vengeance. If you want over all higher dmg you will want to pop recklessness on cooldown but the first phase is by-far the most intense, so try to speed things up by using your cooldowns properly, it should yield a 10k dps increase for the first phase atleast, compared to the alternative.

Keep using your DPS cooldowns this way so you align high stacks of impale with them, during P2 this won't be nessecary as you'll have low impales throughout the whole phase.

Make sure you have banner/recklessness - everything - up for when the dogs appear, you'll be packing a shit ton of vengeance and you'll be able to speed up the phase by a ridicolous amount by not sucking at pressing buttons at this point.

Hey everyone,
    my guild is planning on trying this one this evenig, our progress is 1/13HC, we just killed Jinrokh and havent attempted any other heroic boss just yet.
    Iron Qon seems fairly easy but since its too early into 5.2 there arent any complex guides or anything. So what im asking for is some kind of summary of the changes from normal mode. From the segmets ive spotted either here or anywhere else i got this:

P1 : Roshak - people get Arcing lightning
    we have to focus on not spreading the arcing debuff so people can be healed in the storm
    P2 : we need to aim for only getting one lightning storm

P3 :

P4 : all the quillens come down with 25%hp and we need to burn them asap with bloodlust, im not quite sure about the easiest kill order?

So if anyone can spare a few minutes giving me some more detailed information or little hadny tricks or whatever ill very much appreciate it.

+we have a prot pally, healers : monk, disc priest, resto shammy and dps setup is: ww monk, ele shaman, arms warr, boomkin, fire mage, surv hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Thurstn View Post
    Hey everyone,
    my guild is planning on trying this one this evenig, our progress is 1/13HC, we just killed Jinrokh and havent attempted any other heroic boss just yet.
    Iron Qon seems fairly easy but since its too early into 5.2 there arent any complex guides or anything. So what im asking for is some kind of summary of the changes from normal mode. From the segmets ive spotted either here or anywhere else i got this:

P1 : Roshak - people get Arcing lightning
    we have to focus on not spreading the arcing debuff so people can be healed in the storm
    P2 : we need to aim for only getting one lightning storm

P3 :

P4 : all the quillens come down with 25%hp and we need to burn them asap with bloodlust, im not quite sure about the easiest kill order?

So if anyone can spare a few minutes giving me some more detailed information or little hadny tricks or whatever ill very much appreciate it.

+we have a prot pally, healers : monk, disc priest, resto shammy and dps setup is: ww monk, ele shaman, arms warr, boomkin, fire mage, surv hunter
    Go do Tortos or Ji'kun, they have low DPS and healing requirements and the strategies are basically the same as normal mode. While Iron Qon is fairly easy I wouldn't go do it second.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd really do Ji-Kun at least, it's really easy.

Iron Qon isn't that bad but the first and last phase (just the initial part of the phase) are semi-difficult. Would still say Iron Qon is easier than Horridon though.

Deleted
    Does anyone know how often the boss does his Fist Smash? Is it around 30 seconds?

Also, how many Fist Smashes are we most likely looking at during the last phase? 6? 7? Guess the most optimal would be to start using cooldowns on number 3?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The first one is delayed by a decent amount (I'd like to say a minute). After that they happen every 20-25 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've killed this boss this night and we killed him with 11 stacks of Rising Anger.

Answering your question, Fist Smash has 20 seconds cooldown, so he uses this ability roughly every 20 seconds! I wouldn't use CD's that early, because the damage isn't that high and you should save all the CD's for the last 2 Fist Smash.

On our kill, we had 6 Fist Smash.

If you don't know the damage this ability can do, I'll leave here some statistics from our first kill concerning the damage taken by our raiders:

World of Logs: link

Hope it's useful the information I wrote,
    ~ Pandamorium
    Last edited by Ogait; 2013-04-16 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Adding hyperlinks to the text, for easier comprehension.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Does anyone know how often the boss does his Fist Smash? Is it around 30 seconds?

Also, how many Fist Smashes are we most likely looking at during the last phase? 6? 7? Guess the most optimal would be to start using cooldowns on number 3?
    The first fist smash begins after 1 min after P4 began.
    Then, the next smashes are ~20secs after the previous fist smash ended.

So it's like:

P4 begins 00:00:00
    01:00:00 - 01:07:50 1. fist smash (lasts 7,5sec)
    01:27:50 - 01:35:00 2. fist smash
    01:55:00 - 02:02:50 3. fist smash etc.

Ofc there may be some small adjustments +/- 2 sec.
    This estimation was made by WoL analysis, just use the expression editor and search for spell "Fist smash" and watch the time intervals.

Deleted
    i was just wondering if disarm abilities would work on iron qon (for fist smash) similar to the horridon fight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    We did it with no Warlock.

Its important that healers have everyone topped going into the storm (Revival FTW), and everyone used personals. If you get caught, call for a life grip.
    This is just to proove ur monk doesnt know the mechanics of the fight. Spending revival before wind storm is waste. Your monk can just use teleport to his clone ability and get out of wind storm in <2 seconds, once out hes healing done is not reduced so he will top every1 that is still inside and no1 will ever be under 50% when he runs out.

hi we did iron qon 10 hc last night without lock portal.our balance druid got cloack of shadows from rogue.cloack removes healing reduce buff during windstorm for 5 sec.at windstorm he just stand used cloack+tranquility.all went out of storm then a priest cast leap of faith on druid pulled him out of storm.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many pulls did it take for you guys? My guild had 17 attempts tonight and we didn't even get to phase 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    How many pulls did it take for you guys? My guild had 17 attempts tonight and we didn't even get to phase 3.
    Lots of pulls . But if it's any comfort, the fight generally gets easier down the road and should go down pretty soon once you figure the first 2 dogs out.