Thread: LFR Durumu

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Downed him with 3stacks, had 1 maze phase and "only" 1/3 of raid died to it, Blizzard should NOT nerf it, if u want epic, u gotta work for em
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    I just find this boss unfair to be honest. The sparks are really unclear showing where you need to go and the aoe itself just explodes you in an instant. That added to the fact that the maze is really hard to see makes for an awful boss.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    On 6 stacks. People who have done Normal are confusing people who only do LFR and explaining it wrong.
    Takes me back to the first week of Spine LFR and the raid leader who was explaining how to roll Deathwing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Downed him with 3stacks, had 1 maze phase and "only" 1/3 of raid died to it, Blizzard should NOT nerf it, if u want epic, u gotta work for em

Is a GAME . If the game became a WORK , some people had enough work in the real life , they don't need more WORK when they get home and try to relax.
    IS obviously you have too much free time or you don't work in your real life .

Pretending them to "work" in LFR is just bad game design .
    "Work" is for raiding normals and heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    The visuals for the floor fog on this fight are badly designed. It's a shame because I like the artwork and effects for everything else on this fight. But the failtastic on the floor visuals is just stupid.

And it's not like Blizzard hasn't heard this feedback before. I remember reading the feedback threads on the PTR for this fight, and on every single one of them someone mentions the maze graphic being too difficult to see on all graphics settings.
    Yes Blizzard isn't happy with the way the fight is working, especially visually, but since pretty much no one got to it until Tuesday, it's only now receiving some serious loving attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    First disintegration beam killed half of the players, yet we still killed Durumu with 1 stack of Determination because the highest dps survived.
    All I can say is that it's a fun and group-challenging fight except for the part where I wait for another 15 mins to fill the raid after the first wipe >_>

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    eye sore dmg will be hotfixed to do like 5k a tick tonight, 15 wipes so far and counting due to folks not able to dodge the eye sores,
    I find this hard to believe. With +50% dmg done, healing done and health even a terrible geared group would be either able to kill the boss before the the beam phase, or just be able to heal through it.

Guys i love a good challenge but LFR is for the casuals and Mom and Pop guilds to be able to enjoy the raid content and take part in the experience. The game is not about gear. And yes don't get me wrong gear is a sweet reward that allows you and your team to ascend to the next encounter. If some other player who isn't at your level has gear in the same color writing does that really diminish you. no.

So i have alts and i want to gear them so i run LFR a couple of times on a couple of toons. im talking pop hero with 10 stacks the boss gets down to 30% and the group still wiped a couple of times till enough people survived to finish him off. Another attempt with a different group again 10 stacks and suddenly after wipe after wipe cause no one lived 21 people survive the death beam phase. I think 14 of them just got lucky more than learned the fight. its sad man.

Let go of your special snowflake ego for just a min and hear me out. LFR needs a nerf. If those people who run LFR for the next few months for fun want more of a challenge they can join a heroic boss killing guild, But i don't think the warlock in full stam and dodge gems is gonna make the cut and it will be a long time before he and his guild will sit on a boss for attempt after attempt for weeks on end for that moment when everyone yells in excitement and that damn boss finally dies.

Durumu should be hard cause i am special. ha ha

Poor you guys. I've been all for LFR where you actually wipe if no one takes the time to read up or you don't have a mr nice guy explaining stuff. It'll be a pain in the start but the complete arr-tards who have no interest in helping and only join for the purples will eventually stop doing it if it requires a bit of effort.

I'm not saying it should be nearly equal to normal, but standing in crap for too long or completely failing to understand encounter mechanics should really kill you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Is a GAME . If the game became a WORK , some people had enough work in the real life , they don't need more WORK when they get home and try to relax.
    IS obviously you have too much free time or you don't work in your real life .

Pretending them to "work" in LFR is just bad game design .
    "Work" is for raiding normals and heroics.
    I guess you would like to see them epics in mailbox every time you log in to game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    I guess you would like to see them epics in mailbox every time you log in to game.
    Seriously this. If LFR is supposed to prepare people for real raiding (ie: having to struggle a bit on progression), what is wrong with wiping a few times?

That isn't work, that is having fun and learning new encounters. Work is what you do to pay the bills.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I'm not saying it should be nearly equal to normal, but standing in crap for too long or completely failing to understand encounter mechanics should really kill you.
    I think most people are not saying that the eyesore crap should be nerfed. Just make it easier to see and avoid on all graphics settings. I have no problem with the purple crap killing you if you stand in it, if I don't have to fiddle with my graphics settings every time I do this fight in order to survive it.

The encounter mechanics are fine. The encounter art is not.

i agree - u want equip, L2movewithasdw!!!

seriously, for actual raiders, who have mastered this encounter LFR is like downing a botte of Chilli and then taking a poop

its unbelievable how movement impaired so many wow players are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotasianchick View Post
    Guys i love a good challenge but LFR is for the casuals and Mom and Pop guilds to be able to enjoy the raid content and take part in the experience. The game is not about gear. And yes don't get me wrong gear is a sweet reward that allows you and your team to ascend to the next encounter. If some other player who isn't at your level has gear in the same color writing does that really diminish you. no.

So i have alts and i want to gear them so i run LFR a couple of times on a couple of toons. im talking pop hero with 10 stacks the boss gets down to 30% and the group still wiped a couple of times till enough people survived to finish him off. Another attempt with a different group again 10 stacks and suddenly after wipe after wipe cause no one lived 21 people survive the death beam phase. I think 14 of them just got lucky more than learned the fight. its sad man.

Let go of your special snowflake ego for just a min and hear me out. LFR needs a nerf. If those people who run LFR for the next few months for fun want more of a challenge they can join a heroic boss killing guild, But i don't think the warlock in full stam and dodge gems is gonna make the cut and it will be a long time before he and his guild will sit on a boss for attempt after attempt for weeks on end for that moment when everyone yells in excitement and that damn boss finally dies.

Durumu should be hard cause i am special. ha ha
    As someone who has done Durumu on normal - it's not about feeling like a special snowflake.
    LFR is easy enough as is. There's a multitude of people arguing that the easiness of LFR is "ruining the game" and how it's a rollface loot piñata.

The issue is that people queue for LFR without knowing the fights. If everyone spent the 10-15 mins to just read the dungeon journal (or watch a video), LFR would go much more smoothly. If 15-20 people knew how the fight worked, every fight would EASILY be one-shottable. ToT's fights tend to be very mechanic-based. Even in an easier setting...people need to know what to do.

LFR doesn't need a nerf, people just need to learn the fights. If people don't want to devote a few mins to learn beforehand, they shouldn't say the fights are "overturned" until everyone's had a few week's of experience under their belt. Going into a fight blind, wiping a bunch of times and then calling the fight overtuned translates to: "We can't zerg the boss down. Please fix."

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    I think most people are not saying that the eyesore crap should be nerfed. Just make it easier to see and avoid on all graphics settings. I have no problem with the purple crap killing you if you stand in it, if I don't have to fiddle with my graphics settings every time I do this fight in order to survive it.

The encounter mechanics are fine. The encounter art is not.
    this is a pretty good assessment, I'm a good raider and I even struggled finding safe places to stand.
    Whether the world's greatest gnats or the world's greatest heroes, you're still only mortal!

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    As someone who has done Durumu on normal - it's not about feeling like a special snowflake.
    LFR is easy enough as is. There's a multitude of people arguing that the easiness of LFR is "ruining the game" and how it's a rollface loot piñata.

The issue is that people queue for LFR without knowing the fights. If everyone spent the 10-15 mins to just read the dungeon journal (or watch a video), LFR would go much more smoothly. If 15-20 people knew how the fight worked, every fight would EASILY be one-shottable. ToT's fights tend to be very mechanic-based. Even in an easier setting...people need to know what to do.

LFR doesn't need a nerf, people just need to learn the fights. If people don't want to devote a few mins to learn beforehand, they shouldn't say the fights are "overturned" until everyone's had a few week's of experience under their belt. Going into a fight blind, wiping a bunch of times and then calling the fight overtuned translates to: "We can't zerg the boss down. Please fix."
    The problem with this is there is no strat guide for LFR. There are guides for normal but as many others have said, LFR and normal for certain fights use completely different mechanics. So it's not as easy as just reading up on it. Additionally, this is not an organized group, people shouldn't be required to study before playing there should be some sort of hints on what to do on LFR level. As it stands, I got obliterated by the beam because I didn't have a clue where I was supposed to stand. There is no warning just bam, dead because I was trying to get off the black to this so called maze.

If the LFR version was to be adjusted, I think the most effective change would be to change the eye sore graphic. I'm not sure if I see that happening as a hotfix, though, and if it was to happen then at least the heroic graphic should remain intact for the visibility can function as a mechanic of its own. The yellow beam could also be made to function like the blue and red beams, or the amount of adds on the platform could be increased.

All things said, the section has been open for merely few days now. It will get easier and might not need many changes if any at all. Even down the road with the pet dropping off Dark Animus few of the more experienced people will keep on running the place weekly. I think that once people get used to the maze then the yellow beam is going to become the biggest annoyance.

Deleted

Those who expect LFR population to research the fights on internet and look on youtube movies are simply delusional.
    Just deal with it , LFR people won't ever do this.
    For them Wow is just another game . They won't look on youtube to learn how to play their Tomb Raider , they also won't look how to play WOW.

So either Blizzard raid designer manage to make a fight they will understand just doing it , either is bad raid design for LFR.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Rank 1 All Classes 180k SV Hunter :S
    You ranked on LFR? OMG, QUICK! SOMEONE GET THIS MAN A PRIZE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    It's not hard at all.
    The problem is, people in LFR just afk tunnel vision the boss and this will never change.
    The problem is, that even when you explain something, a lot of people will still fail at it after several tries.
    Happened again just today in my group. There were people getting killed every. single. try. by exactly the same things.

Hell, we even wiped to Primoridus' enrage a few times because half of the raid didn't know what to do. Even though it was explained very well beforehand.