Thread: LFR Durumu

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    lol @ people claiming the effect is invisible or something. That's just a poor excuse for bad players.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I don't get the whole "Can't see the maze" excuse, I figured out the shit right from the first time he did it without watching any videos, the maze is very visible. I think it's a fun encounter, and I like that there's something threatening in LFR.
    Sigh. Are some of you really this dense? Really this self-centered?? Really? Here. Small words.

Not everyone is you. People have different computers, different video settings, different monitors. You're not the center of the universe. Just because you see things just fine doesn't mean that everyone else can.

God, people, show some awareness that other people exist and have different experiences than you do. Unless you're in the self-centered teen years, it's pathetic to use the "I can see it so everyone else should too" argument.
    Last edited by clevin; 2013-04-07 at 06:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    and LFR isent supposed to be hard.. its supposed to be a loot machine for people who cant/wont guild raid.. or as other say it "so we can see the content"

Still a bad excuse. Your monitor contrast must be all sorts of fucked if you can't see the maze. All 25 players in my guild had no issue figuring out the maze within the first 2 pulls. Ultra or Low settings, it's visible. Point your camera down and stop sucking at it, any argument with "invisible" is just an excuse for a nerf to a mechanic that doesn't need one.

It should be nerfed in LFR though because 80% of LFR players are retarded and can't do anything but spam one button. 10% are from BR realms, and the other 10% are competent raiders that carry the other 90%.

I am wondering why everyone here is discussing the mace. The mace ticks for 32k in lfr since the hotfix. You can run around over ten seconds if you were full hp when the disentegration beam starts before dying, even if you don't get a single heal or pull some personal CD.
    And as many here pointed out, if 10 people survive this phase it is pretty much a kill (as long as the tanks and a healer is among them).

The people die in the beam and not in the mace. Just tell the people to not get into the beam, usually many will rot up with the pack that knows the fight and will survive the mace.

15+ Year Old Account
    I did this the first time last night. I have my settings on ultra except for shadows/water. Face your camera down like everyone is saying and you can see it. The floor is not even close to the same color.

Here's a video, first one I found so it's 10m. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8mV-3P59xM

Can you honestly tell me that a tan colored floor is the same as purple eye sores? Turn your gamma up, pan your camera and pay attention. If you're relying on following someone else then that's your problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I don't get the whole "Can't see the maze" excuse, I figured out the shit right from the first time he did it without watching any videos, the maze is very visible. I think it's a fun encounter, and I like that there's something threatening in LFR.
    You don't have to get it.

All you have to do is accept that other people can't see it, which should be obvious, presuming you can see this forum and see this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I did this the first time last night. I have my settings on ultra except for shadows/water. Face your camera down like everyone is saying and you can see it. The floor is not even close to the same color.

Here's a video, first one I found so it's 10m. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8mV-3P59xM

Can you honestly tell me that a tan colored floor is the same as purple eye sores? Turn your gamma up, pan your camera and pay attention. If you're relying on following someone else then that's your problem.
    Not everyone has ultra settings. I'm not sure, but maybe at lower settings it's barely noticeable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Not everyone has ultra settings. I'm not sure, but maybe at lower settings it's barely noticeable?
    Actually on low settings is the best way to see the maze. It removes the silver/sparkly lining of the clouds and leaves either purple/black mass and ground. Not much else. When I raid this, I always turn my ultra texture setting on low for this boss.

It's not well designed fight for LFR, hell it was the boss my normal raid group had the most wipes on . LFR hasn't had the history of being hard. Suddenly there is this hill, and well it's no wonder the reception of it hasn't been positive.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Durumu is the first LFR fight that actually takes skill, I was amazed that they actually make you do the maze and you have to kill all the eye monsters (otherwise they maze will once again pop up). Very risky by blizz, no doubt some people will threaten to cancel their accounts because of this, but to be honest, I'm glad that they are making at least one of the bosses somewhat challenging.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Durumu is the first LFR fight that actually takes skill, I was amazed that they actually make you do the maze and you have to kill all the eye monsters (otherwise they maze will once again pop up). Very risky by blizz, no doubt some people will threaten to cancel their accounts because of this, but to be honest, I'm glad that they are making at least one of the bosses somewhat challenging.
    It doesn't take skill as much as it requires high gamma and low GFX settings.

This isn't some evil genius scheme of blizzards to make LR players man up, it's just shit visual design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I am wondering why everyone here is discussing the mace. The mace ticks for 32k in lfr since the hotfix. You can run around over ten seconds if you were full hp when the disentegration beam starts before dying, even if you don't get a single heal or pull some personal CD.
    And as many here pointed out, if 10 people survive this phase it is pretty much a kill (as long as the tanks and a healer is among them).

The people die in the beam and not in the mace. Just tell the people to not get into the beam, usually many will rot up with the pack that knows the fight and will survive the mace.
    I died to Eyesore. Because, frankly, healers sucked. A druid doing 10k hps? the DK tank #3 in heals? One reason people die even in LFR to Eyesore is because the healers are concentrating on the damn maze and not actually, you know, healing.

Yes, facing the camera straight down does help, but it's not something people do naturally. Most people probably have their camera in some variant of 'looking over the shoulder' mode. Now, in the middle of a fight you've not seen, you need to navigate a maze that you can't easily see unless you reorient your camera. You then need to figure out how your toon is faced (which actually takes a second when you're used to always having the camera in 'over the shoulder' perspective).

Again, this is something that should never have made it out of internal testing. Make Eyesore fel green and not dark purple/black and keep the rest of the mechanics. Fixed - just as challenging, but you eliminate the visual bullshit. There's no legitimate reason to have the clouds be dark at all.
    Last edited by clevin; 2013-04-07 at 08:05 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fight has all sort of "fails".

The maze is not only hard to see against the dark brown floor, but also kills the frame rate on weaker computers.

The whole damn mechanic is poorly introduced. People see the purple fog, the first thing that happens is they panic and try to get out of it. Except 95% of the platform is fog. Throw in a one-shot beam (that's also dark purple) to blow up unlucky players who wander into its path ...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tried it on three different characters today and none of the attempts were successful. I changed my graphic settings to low but it made no difference. It is just purple on purple on purple. A very poorly designed scheme.

I know that I won't be going back in until something is done about this.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    There is nothing challenging about doing something that you can't control. Regardless of whether any one person masters the maze or in fact teaches 24 other people to do it, the very next time they set foot in LFR they will be there with 24 new people and have to do it all over again.

Guild raiding allows for learning, teaching and not having to re-teach things to your teammates over and over and furthermore allows it verbally, not describing visuals people haven't seen and don't see the same way you see in text. LFR is designed for people to raid without guildmates and this fight is constructed without regard to the fact that even within a fight, players turn over and they turn over again if you bother to set foot in the raid next week.

People won't just threaten to cancel their accounts, some actually will and what's more, a lot of players will stop doing that part of LFR and possibly others, which will threaten the devs with having to explain again why they devote so much time to creating content for 1% of the customers. It's gotten worse, even with the mild nerfs from Tuesday to today. My group spent as much time arguing about whether the maze was hard or easy and having 1-2 players wanting to pretend that the group was going to do the fight without determination stacks after the first phase of disintegration beam killed all but the 8 people who knew how to do it.

Every group I've been in has done it with half the raid alive and that's only possible after multiple determination stacks and huge P1 burn, which is simply not a good state to leave the raid in, regardless of how much pleasure it gives a few people who think that somehow making the LFR experience miserable is good for raiding and the game. It's not.
    Last edited by hyphnos; 2013-04-08 at 02:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, aside from nerfing the maze (again) the best thing Blizzard could do to lower the percentage of wipes is make the beam less lethal (like taking a few seconds to kill you instead of being instant death). In my experience way more people manage to die to the beam than to the maze. So much so that every time I enter the raid the first thing I do is explain that if you have to choose between standing in the eyesores or touching the beam you should always take the eyesores; you have a chance of being healed through those but the beam is instant death (and it still takes an average of five wipes before people start to listen).

Alas the main problem always boils down to human nature and there's nothing Blizzard can do about that.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOutlaw View Post
    Alas the main problem always boils down to human nature and there's nothing Blizzard can do about that.
    more like human eyeballs, that maze graphic is a bit much

Deleted
    Finally got time to try Latest LFR, here's my experience (as druid healer).

Durumu 1st Attempt:
    When the purple maze fog appeared, it was headless chicken time, ppl running every which way, I switched to overhead view, waited for the beam...and ran straight into it... (When I moved I ran the opposite way I thought I was facing).
    5 left alive after phase finished, all dead within 20 secs.

Durumu 2nd Attempt:
    One of the raid marks himself with a star and asks all to follow him at maze time. Hugged on him, ran through maze healing (druid instants ftw). All 25 survived and nuked boss before a second maze phase. Job Done, top healer, easy
    Having said that, the clear path in the purple fog is difficult to see and should be made more obvious.

Primordius - run boss in a circle and zerg seemed to work 1st time.

Dark Animus - 5 wipes, tactics were to only pickup 6 small adds at one side but dps kept aoe'ing all over and had all adds up together...wipes due to all large anima casting crimson wake all the time...

Deleted
    My group reached 8 stacks then we decided to ignore the adds and focus on boss trying to zerg him, it was a success.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    There is nothing challenging about doing something that you can't control. Regardless of whether any one person masters the maze or in fact teaches 24 other people to do it, the very next time they set foot in LFR they will be there with 24 new people and have to do it all over again.

Guild raiding allows for learning, teaching and not having to re-teach things to your teammates over and over and furthermore allows it verbally, not describing visuals people haven't seen and don't see the same way you see in text. LFR is designed for people to raid without guildmates and this fight is constructed without regard to the fact that even within a fight, players turn over and they turn over again if you bother to set foot in the raid next week.

People won't just threaten to cancel their accounts, some actually will and what's more, a lot of players will stop doing that part of LFR and possibly others, which will threaten the devs with having to explain again why they devote so much time to creating content for 1% of the customers. It's gotten worse, even with the mild nerfs from Tuesday to today. My group spent as much time arguing about whether the maze was hard or easy and having 1-2 players wanting to pretend that the group was going to do the fight without determination stacks after the first phase of disintegration beam killed all but the 8 people who knew how to do it.

Every group I've been in has done it with half the raid alive and that's only possible after multiple determination stacks and huge P1 burn, which is simply not a good state to leave the raid in, regardless of how much pleasure it gives a few people who think that somehow making the LFR experience miserable is good for raiding and the game. It's not.
    I'm sorry but if people cancel their accounts for something like this, then if not this it'll be something else just as trivial in a matter of weeks.

The maze is not hard, I've gone in three times on different toons the first week and after the first obvious wipe clearly told people how to do it with the aid of two markers. One either side of him to denote where to stand when the maze starts. I would call with raid warning to the appropriate side and tell them to follow either me who was marked or a fellow guildie who was marked as well. Typically we both took the same path but 2 marks are easier to see than one.

Everytime across all 3 toons we killed it on the 2nd attempt. People seem to fear the purple shit more than the beam itself, be clear and make sure they know it's the opposite and there's never really any issues. The beam will turn into the same thing as Elegon's floor, after a couple of weeks people will be used to it and there'll be only the odd person here n there dying to it.

It's fucking annoying