Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Megaera 10-man normal

We are a pretty average raiding guild, did up to 11/16 HC in T14 and right now at 11/12 ToT, however it just pains me to see us have so big problems with Megaera every damn time we get to it... we only managed to kill it by 4-healing using our spriest as disc

THIS is our third (this week's) kill - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/2k2op...=10016&e=10546 (the monk tank is usually dps; the hunter is a reserve player - still having second doubts about him)
    The previous week - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/qk7x6...?s=5114&e=5609
    First kill - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/h3ue1...=10255&e=10776

Our first 2 kills we did green > red > blue > R > B > R > whatever
    This meant that at 7th head we almost always had 3 healers running from this or that and tanks getting splattered

Today we went with green > red > blue > G > R > G > B
    We ended with a shitload of raid-damage through green, poison stuff and healers were complaining even more (if that's even possible)...

In my opinion we should not be using 4 healers, but properly go blue > green > red > B > G > R > B... we CAN'T get too reliant on 4 healers - especially since our spriest is having now 2 weeks of vacation and we do not have anyone able to fill in for him as an additional healer... should we just keep practicing? How far should we be running before dispelling cinders? what about ice beams? Should ranged (and healers?) stand at max range all the time?
    Icy-veins and fatboss guide videos apparently do not help us ;S

you can even 2 man heal that fight with 2 half decent healers.
    Just go GRGRGRGRG and ignore blue... well, ofc you tank it but other than that
    As a response to the crowds whining about PvE beeing too hard throughout vanilla and TBC Blizzard recently hired on Bob the Builder.
    In a recent press confrence on the subject he was quoted as saying "Can we fix it? Yes we can!".

Deleted
    Just to back up what the poster above states green, red, green, red etc is the way to go. Other than tanking blue completely ignore it.
    Have a decent spread for the green shooty thing, and you can dispel mostly instantly for those at ranged, or melee can drop near blue so they aren't running out too far.

10+ Year Old Account
    When my guild tried G-R-G yadda yadda like most people recommend, we wiped. a lot. The green bombs combined with the red debuffs would always start killing people on later heads(6/7) but as soon as we swapped to G-B-G-R-G-B-whichever head had less things near it, we easily got the fight down, then easily one shot it the next week. Blue adds more movement but completely avoidable damage, and your ranged dps should just stay at range at all times so that the blue fields don't ever cut off the path to the next head.Trust me, tank damage will be low, raid damage will only be high near the end, but all strats favor green(green bombs), and unless your dps are asleep the beams do not matter, and the pools they leave behind eventually disappear. Give it a go.

15+ Year Old Account
    My raid was kinda in the same position as yours, our healers just couldn't heal only doing 2 heads (we tried red/green only, and then we tried blue/red only, neither worked and we wiped a lot). The first time we added in the 3rd head just once we killed it in one pull... The stacking buff on the unkilled head was just making our tank take way too much damage which ended up OOMing our healers.

We did Blue/red, then killed green once when it was the 5th head. You kill 7 total heads, so it will look like... B>R>B>R>G>B>R or something like that. Since you get 7 total heads, we just made sure the 5th one we killed (or somewhere "near" the end of the fight when the damage gets to be too much on the tank to heal efficiently) is whatever head we left out normally.

Make sure you organize a raid CD (or sets of personal CDs) for as many rampage as you can, since most classes have -something- they can do. Heck, even rogues got a 20% raid cd on smoke bomb now.

Obviously whatever you get to work for you is going to be the best, so don't feel bad if whatever "normal" strat people are doing has to be adapted a bit to your guild and comp to make things feel easier.

I don't understand why people prefer killing green heads rather than blue heads? Once you have two green heads down, the amount of damage is just retarded.

Got to Megaera tonight, went GRGRGRG and 2 shot it.

Key is to stack immediately after killing a head and rotating CD's. People need to run quickly from the bomb, and dispels need to be fast as well. Pop hero on 5th rampage, blow whatever else is left for 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    I don't understand why people prefer killing green heads rather than blue heads? Once you have two green heads down, the amount of damage is just retarded.
    To clear Hydra Frenzy? +100% attack speed hurts.

On our last kill we did B>R>G>B>R>G>B with 2 healers (and one of our dps dc'd after the second head).

If the blue is causing much of a problem (it did for us especially at first week), Demonic Gateway helps tremendously. We use it also as an indicator of "Ranged shouldn't be in front of this"; when ever someone gets it runs to the one at the back and clicks it. That way, cleaning blue patches with cinders isn't that much of an issue either, might as well skip it most of the time.

Neither of your priests is using Spirit Shell enough. That should easily be their #1 heal on this fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

We're at the same level as you progress wise but beyond the first week we never had any trouble with Megaera. During that 1st week we found that going with 4 healers is actually making the fight harder (even though it seems smoother at first) due to lower dps -> more green globs/ignites on the raid -> more stacks of bad stuff on the tanks etc. And that was when we tried with 3 disc and a mistweaver, you're way worse off on dps from healers.

What are you wiping to usually - tank gibs, green globs or rampage?

The real problem ,for us at least, and judging by your post for you as well, was the green globs, not the rampage. Higher dps = less time for the hidden green heads to wreck you. With a disc priest/resto shaman/paladin healing you have great raid cooldowns so rampage should be ok. You can go GRGRGRG but that puts unnecessary strain on the healers, I think GRGRBRG is far easier as it minimizes running from blue and keeps a reasonable amount of green heads.

Also what blargh312 said - 1 disc priest can cover the whole raid before each rampage most of the times but can miss, however with 2 there are really no excuses to not have a fully stacked shell on everyone every time.
    Last edited by Goshko; 2013-03-28 at 08:25 AM.

Deleted
    We go with 3 Healers, 1 Disc Priest for Atonement only (Myself).
    Just go G R G R G R G = dead

Stack for every Rampage and have someone rotationg CDs, We did like this
    1st Rampage: Devo Aura
    2nd Rampage: 2nd Devo Aura
    3rd Rampage: Mistweaver Monk CDs
    4th Rampage: Disc Priest CDs
    5th Rampage: Bloodlust + minor CDs (Deterance etc)
    6th Rampage: Everything that was avaible, Devo Auras, Potions and so on.

Got us a very Clean kill.

So, I am guessing most of the people who are saying go GRGRGRG are people who have 2-3 beast healers in their raids. Because our heals are a tad undergeared (GG 10man RNG) but we almost never have direct healing issues. I even have a very tight per-rampage healer + ret and boomkin and frost DK cooldown rotation for rampages). And we are closing in on 35 wipes on this guy. Its not the rampage that kills us, its the non-stop raidwide AoE damage. We tried to brute force GRGRGRG and keep getting tank insta-gibs or having the full raid at 50% going into a rampage due to badly timed poison bombs on the 5th or 6th head.

We tried both 2 and 3 healing it last night after 3-healing the last 2 nights, but the 3rd healer last night was a 480 offspec. We swapped to B-R-B-G and B-R-G-B-R at the end of last night, and it is MUCH easier on healers even without our normal MW. We didn't do that until 15min left in the raid last night, but it seemed to help a lot.

I am starting to think GRGRGRG is the "we came into ToT with everyone at 505+" strat, much like the folks who had no idea how anybody could struggle at Horridon or Council

Blue is the easiest head, not killing it is silly. I don't know what else to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by InkarnateKT View Post
    Blue is the easiest head, not killing it is silly. I don't know what else to say about that.
    Opinion. We found it easier to ignore blue completely.

Opinions of people will always differ depending if they did it pre-nerf or not. Plus 4 weeks of gear makes a huge difference.

Did G->R->G->R->G->R->G last week and G->B->G->B->G->B->G this week, no longer a difficult fight to be honest, the only person who died was me because apparently the hitbox if the ice is bigger than the graphic. Doing the last one for the achievement next week.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by calanos View Post
    I am starting to think GRGRGRG is the "we came into ToT with everyone at 505+" strat, much like the folks who had no idea how anybody could struggle at Horridon or Council
    Our group's average ilvl was 498 when we killed it doing GRGRGRG. Two of our healers were under 495 ilvl. This was post-nerf though, so it wasn't very hard. I think we wiped 3 times before downing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else find it odd that their shaman is only doing 40k hps in 512 avg ilvl?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Not that it will help much, but since you're already struggling with the fight so much you may want to tell your warlock to stop padding the meter so heavily. Looks like he's constantly wasting time with havoc on a 2nd head. Every time you kill one they all heal back to full so he's just hurting your effective overall raid dps when you're already short by 4 healing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahadev View Post
    Not that it will help much, but since you're already struggling with the fight so much you may want to tell your warlock to stop padding the meter so heavily. Looks like he's constantly wasting time with havoc on a 2nd head. Every time you kill one they all heal back to full so he's just hurting your effective overall raid dps when you're already short by 4 healing it.
    As long as he is Havoking incinerates and immolates, and keeps RoF on them both, its a MASSIVE single target dps boost for the destro lock. Its not scum-bagging unless he is wasting Chaos bolts or shadowburns.