No heirloom gear

I played vanilla wow and just recently came back to give it a go again. I found that pvp is an absolute nightmare. I get one shotted constantly. I then noticed everyone with heirloom gear and realized that was the issue. I do not have a high level character to obtain the gear, so what do I do to have any chance against these people. Blizzard has pretty much jacked low level pvp up. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Also. if the only answer is to level up a character and not play pvp until I get the gear just let me know. Before there was honor points to achieve pvp gear at lower levels, but I don't see that system in place anymore.

Thank you

You can purchase the PvP heirloom gear for honor as well as the Helm, back and legs from the guild vendor. These things can be purchased with some time and effort and you don't need to be high level to do this either. You just have to be willing to make some money and spend hours in the BG's. It's really up to you. I personally chose to stay out of BG's until I hit the final level of each bracket since I don't have any heirloom gear on my new alli toon on a different server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, you can still acquire honor points for pvp gear. To get a decent set of the pvp gear, itll require around 300ish low lvl BG wins. Not worth it at all.

The other alternative is to get hierlooms from DMF, which will require several months to get all the hierlooms possible.

If you have a bit of gold on you, you can join a big lvl 25 guild, and buy yourself a hierloom legplates, cloak, and, i believe, pants, for about 6k gold total.

Otherwise, well, you can't get hierlooms till you hit 80. After 80, you can quickly farm up a full set of hierloom gear in about a week, with the ability to make it a half week at 85, and about 20 dungeon runs at 90, which can easily be done in bout 4 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with heirloom gear I assure you that lowbie PvP (up to 87+) is still a nightmare. The fotm classes are dominating BGs and tanking classes are ridiculous at low level due to the extremely high base damage coefficients because vengeance scaling was too high. Just to give you an exemple, I usually ''twink'' myself every bracket at 14, 19, 24...etc, and even then I get litteraly globalled by some classes, mostly PROTECTION warriors. As an exemple, at some bracket where most people have 4k health in full heirloom I find myself with nearly 5k, just as much as the tanking classes, however the protection warriors shield slams me for 3k non-crits (so it's litterally a one-shot if it does crit) a 1.5k revenge non-crit, and between those two globals, they can also heroic strike for ~500 non crits.

Most classes that aren't FotM classes will have a REALLY hard time without their full toolkit during leveling BGs.

Edit: When I said that I ''twink'' myself, I get the pvp gear from refuge point and the other place in ashevale and I also get the best blue I can get from the AH, so I'm mostly in the best gear my level can obtain. (including every single heirloom BUT the ring from fishing)

Sub-87 pvp is a HUGE mess, even worse than end-game in term of balance.

P.S. Sorry for my grammar as english is not my mother tongue
    Last edited by Pol-Kinabol; 2013-04-03 at 07:03 PM.
    Originally Posted by cutterx2202
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

At the lower brackets, you're pretty much screwed, yes. It will get better eventually, from 60 and onwards, as you can buy pvp gear with honor. The 60 and 70 gear don't cost much honor points either. You can buy some items at the lower levels, like rings, weapon and necklace, which might help, but in the end, before 60, you'll be the bitch of fully heirloomed people, I'm afraid

you guys don't need to "wait until the last level of the bracket" to BG since they adjust your base hp/mana to be that "last level". You just won't have the spells/skills that you would normally get had you REALLY been that level..

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard999 View Post
    I played vanilla wow and just recently came back to give it a go again. I found that pvp is an absolute nightmare. I get one shotted constantly. I then noticed everyone with heirloom gear and realized that was the issue. I do not have a high level character to obtain the gear, so what do I do to have any chance against these people. Blizzard has pretty much jacked low level pvp up. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Also. if the only answer is to level up a character and not play pvp until I get the gear just let me know. Before there was honor points to achieve pvp gear at lower levels, but I don't see that system in place anymore.

Thank you
    I found there really is nothing you can do much about it. Of course some will tell you to farm the honor points required to get the PVP heirlooms but you have to PVP in the first place and even then its just not worth the time and effort cause the honor points gained at the lower levels would take you forever to farm all the required heirlooms.

I came across a similar problem when I first started the game, this was just after Hierlooms were introduced. While I was levelling my first character, I was coming up against people levelling their alts in heirlooms which made it a complete farce. I decided to quit PVP at least until level 80 then. That would be your best bet.

I know some would say twink out at the highest level in your bracket, but that again is time consuming and expensive. And with BGs giving XP too you will not stay at that level too long and still most times heirlooms are better.

Your best bet would be to queue for the 40 man BG, like AV once its available and farm honor and buy the Brutal PVP set at level 70. It should help for around 5 levels cause then you have people twinking with Cata gear. So in the end its all really quite pointless besides PVPing at end game.

Or you could always farm the points required, buy the heirlooms at level 90 and level an alt up.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    you guys don't need to "wait until the last level of the bracket" to BG since they adjust your base hp/mana to be that "last level". You just won't have the spells/skills that you would normally get had you REALLY been that level..
    I thought this would work, but it doesn't help at all. An increase in HP/Mana doesn't help. What they should have done is put everyone on an even playing field with equal stats across the board in low level PVP.