Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They don't refund, and I think that this is not a case that would warrant an exception.

You could see the loot that dropped, and so can a GM. There was absolutely no reason why you couldn't expect the item to be given to you when the situation took place as you described it. So you should have spent your valor on something else. And if there's nothing else to spend it on, then you'll remain valor-capped. It's a situation we'll soon all have to face. 3k valor without anything useful to spend it on.

So... Nope. You should have taken into account that you were having a quite clear case of a glitch and that it was extremely likely that the GM would grant you your boss loot item. Patience is important when dealing with these things, especially now that the game is in a quite buggy state. 5.2 really messed up quite a few things.

Besides the you forgot part, this story is no different from,
    -on day 0 you decide to buy a cloak
    -on day 2 you win a cloak

Blizzard can simply increase the valor cap or design a different loot system.
    The game is designed to waste people's time.

There is no harm in trying, if you get lucky perhaps the GM will refund it, I once had 2 or 3 pieces of tier gear refunded back in Wrath because I decided to tank on my DK, but I ended up not enjoying it at all, so I made a ticket, he told me how "I should be more careful in the future" and all that good stuff, and refunded my 2 or 3 pieces so I could buy DPS gear instead.

Aslong as all it requires is a ticket, you can always try, if the GM is nice, you will probably get the refund on the valor, if it's one of those more ehm.. grumpy or unknowledgeable? you probably wont.

Never hurts to try! the worst answer you can get is "no" in an RP way.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

10+ Year Old Account
    If i were in your situation, i'd like a refund too.
    But they won't do anything, because it was your fault you bought the other cloak.

(Would of/should of do NOT EXIST! RAUURRRGH! /rage)

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Besides the you forgot part, this story is no different from,
    -on day 0 you decide to buy a cloak
    -on day 2 you win a cloak

Blizzard can simply increase the valor cap or design a different loot system.
    The game is designed to waste people's time.
    If you're not in LFR, the cloak can go to someone else. So still no

Yes, the game is horrible when it comes to RNG and luck

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by teckonte View Post
    it wasn't intentional i was valor caped and needed to spend valor and after 2 days i wasn't even thinking about the ticket i could of bought few other things instead
    So? I swear to god, people only come to these forums to get told that they're right in bothering Blizzard with their own stupid mistakes. Suck it up, you wasted Valor, you're not the first to do so, neither the last.

15+ Year Old Account
    it wasn't intentional i was valor caped and needed to spend valor and after 2 days i wasn't even thinking about the ticket i could of bought few other things instead
    There's your problem - it's your fault for forgetting you had a ticket open for a lost cloak and went ahead and bought a cloak anyway. I mean, it's an unlucky story, you haven't been an idiot or anything, just a little bit forgetful and didn't think things through properly but you'll just have to suck it up I'm afraid.

No. You should have either cancelled the ticket or waited for the response - you did the equivalent of ordering something online and going to a shop to get it. It is a game, you have good gear, be a little more patient especially if it is just after a new patch is released, CS responses are always slow then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    You have to be REALLY insisting and persuasive to pull a refund off. An acquaintance of mine got a senior gm to exchange his guardian shoulders he accidentally bought, enchanted and used for a good week with the correct feral ones but this is currently the only case I know personally of it worked.
    I think i read they MAY refund if you clearly bought so wrong that the item is no use for you, and exchange it for a fitting one.

Deleted
    Nah, the onus is on you I'm afraid. I was in a similar position a few months ago and chanced a ticket and the GM told me it was for these reasons they have a caption box appear when making a purchase asking if we are sure about it and to confirm. This is supposed to make us stop and actually think for a moment rather than doing what we all do and click through it. Plus there is also that two hour refund window. You had a brain fart and it sucks wasting about two weeks of VP, but it's on you and you should move on and maybe don't be so hasty in spending your currencies in the future.

Deleted
    I have a question. What would be the harm in refunding him for the item?

Deleted
    then you should have spent it on something else than cloak.
    If you had no other upgrades for vp, this whole thread is extremely pointless and should be closed...

To make it clear: No, they should not refund anything.
    You had 2 hours after the purchase to remember..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    If you're not in LFR, the cloak can go to someone else. So still no

Yes, the game is horrible when it comes to RNG and luck
    That doesn't apply to bonus rolls...

I bought VP neck
    bonus rolled on Tortos, won thunderforged neck... Happens.

That Valor is gone now. It's a mild shame but, seeing as a lot of VP items end up being terrible anyway then it won't be a big deal in the long run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    He shouldn't get a refund because he already bought the item himself. That is not Blizzards fault - even if it took them 4 days to refund him the other loot.

Anyone who has been playing WoW, knows that it can take awhile to get replies to your tickets. This isn't something new. The OP forgot about his ticket, bought another item, and now you think Blizz should refund him both? The gear he didn't receive in the Raid was Blizz's fault. The gear that the OP bought because he "forgot" about his ticket is his own fault, and in no way is Blizz responsible for refunding.

There is no "rent gear, while you wait for your ticket to be answered" service.
    That doesn't answer my question. The question was, what's the harm. It's obvious from his post that his situatuon is at least understandable. Could've happened to everyone. Who knew if they were even gonna give him that loot from the raid, after he had to wait so long for a ticket response.

He should have just bought the "much needed" pants. Setting a precedent that you can borrow some valor gear, get a drop then ask for a refund because you can spend the valor you just "wasted" on a different upgrade is such a waste of time for people with real issues they are having in game.

Since it was your fault. You forgot the ticket and you bought the valor item. So no. They do not have to refund you at all. They could. Thats another matter.

How can you forget you opened a ticket?
    The ui notification in the corner is kinda noticeable...

Anyway you decided to buy the cloak and you used it for multiple days - after which you wanted to return it for a full refund.
    Sorry but that does sound like "renting".

Just remember your tickets next time, and don't buy items that you already won on a roll but are not yet "delivered".

Do you think if i had the right GM they would of refunded the valor points for the gear?
    Definitely not, even if that would have happened, it would have been a mistake on the representative's part and the mistake would have been corrected as all of their actions are logged and verified.

They used to have a policy in regards to item refunds as most of us know, however that policy was removed when they implemented the two hour refund timer. Now, speaking as an MVP, they are prohibited to refund items in these situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I have a question. What would be the harm in refunding him for the item?
    There's no actual harm in doing so, but they are not allowed to according to their policies. If they would have made an exception for one player, other players in the same situation would have demanded the same treatment.
    Last edited by Gontier; 2013-04-04 at 12:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gontier View Post
    Definitely not, even if that would have happened, it would have been a mistake on the representative's part and the mistake would have been corrected as all of their actions are logged and verified.

They used to have a policy in regards to item refunds as most of us know, however that policy was removed when they implemented the two hour refund timer. Now, speaking as an MVP, they are prohibited to refund items in these situations.

There's no actual harm in doing so, but they are not allowed to according to their policies. If they would make an exception for one player, other players in the same situation would demand the same treatment.
    Then I don't understand why people keep saying it's his own fault, when 1) it isnt, because the loot bugged and 2) they would've denied him that any way because they're not allowed to.

Why would anyone refund idiocracy?