Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Then I don't understand why people keep saying it's his own fault, when 1) it isnt, because the loot bugged and 2) they would've denied him that any way because they're not allowed to.
    It wasn't his fault for the loot being bugged.
    It was HIS fault for:
    1. buying the cloak while he had other options available.
    2. Forgetting that he had a ticket open and bought the cloak.

He was not forced to buy the cloak and thus should not be refunded for it.
    He WAS refunded for the error you described.

It feels like some of you have never wasted VP, it happens...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    It wasn't his fault for the loot being bugged.
    It was HIS fault for:
    1. buying the cloak while he had other options available.
    2. Forgetting that he had a ticket open and bought the cloak.

He was not forced to buy the cloak and thus should not be refunded for it.
    He WAS refunded for the error you described.

It feels like some of you have never wasted VP, it happens...
    Forgetting something is not something you do intentionally. Had Blizzard answered his ticket a little bit quicker than in 4 days, he wouldn't have bought the piece. Honestly forgetting or not, if they let me wait for 4 days, I probably would've thought, they're not gonna answer anyway, and maybe if they do, they'll just tell me that they can't give the loot to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    The harm would be that other people in the WoW community could then argue - "Well, you did it for these people". Then we would have tons of people thinking they were entitled to anything they wanted.

You can't make exceptions for one, when millions of people play and millions of other people have to suck it up.
    If other people have same thing happening to them, I don't see a reason why they shouldn't be refunded. It's not like he bought something and then just decided differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    probably

but they won't

If there is something you want a GM to do for you, there's a very good chance that they cannot and are just flat out not allowed to do it. Be more independent. Don't make the same mistake again.

Don't Shard/Destroy your Quel'Delar
    Don't accidentally upgrade your third Starshatter
    Don't Right-Click Hozen Peace Pipes to auction them

etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    But he did buy something and then decided differently - that's what you are not understanding.

I explained it in my last post:

1. It WAS Blizz's fault that there was a loot bug, therefore it WAS their responsibility to give him the loot.
    2. It was NOT Blizz's fault that the OP forgot about his ticket and bought another piece of gear - Which I really have to question, since it seems odd that someone would make a decision to buy a piece of gear and somehow not remember that they had got jibbed out the same piece earlier, then took the time to type out a ticket about it.

There are no special snowflakes when it comes to Blizz's rules and regulations.
    He bought something under the assumption that he would not get the item from the raid.

Deleted
    He bought something under the assumption that he would not get the item from the raid.
    Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

But you still dont seem to get it, lemme explain.
    You know cloak is gonna be a tasty upgrade
    You do X boss, boss is bugged, and you cant loot that awesome cloak you've been waiting forever on...you get furious and create a ticket...
    Only 4 days later (not even a week) he flies all the way to panda land, clicks the npc.
    Browse for the cloak (here, personally, i would remember the bugged boss, ohh, i created a ticket, lets look at it.)

That didnt happen for op, he bought the cloak.

Now, explain to me why blizz should refund his VP ?

Can i have my VP back for the wrist i bought last week, they dropped yesterday ??
    I assumed the wrist wouldn't drop, so i bought them anyhow.
    OMG FUCK BLIZZ GIMME MY VP BACK...

Still with me ??
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-04-04 at 01:00 PM.

Deleted
    Even still there were still other gear options which to spend the VP while he adopted a "wait and see" policy. Assumptions are still little excuse for lapses in judgement. Anyway, moot point, nowhere in the OP does he say he assumed he wouldn't get the loot restored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teckonte View Post
    Do you think blizzard should refund the purchased gear since it was subsequently bought on the results of the game glitch?

Do you think if i had the right GM they would of refunded the valor points for the gear?
    I don't think they should refund anything. If you win a car in a drawing, don't get your car for 4 days, and then run out and buy a new one, but the raffle car comes 5 mins later, it is your own fault for not waiting and not following up with the raffle group. Same thing here. You got impatient about a back piece, you went and bought one. BE HONEST. You probably even said, "Wouldn't have to buy this if I hadn't gotten screwed outta that roll." as you were buying the new back piece. THEN they responded to you and now you are stuck with vendor food. This would be their glitch, that they fixed, but your fault for not following up with them. Better luck next time. Personally, ANY GM you got should have responded exactly as this one did.

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 06:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Assumption is the mother of all fuckups.

But you still dont seem to get it, lemme explain.
    You know cloak is gonna be a tasty upgrade
    You do X boss, boss is bugged, and you cant loot that awesome cloak you've been waiting forever on...you get furious and create a ticket...
    Only 4 days later (not even a week) he flies all the way to panda land, clicks the npc.
    Browse for the cloak (here, personally, i would remember the bugged boss, ohh, i created a ticket, lets look at it.)

That didnt happen for op, he bought the cloak.
    I agree with this completely. Also, awesome quote from Under Siege 2. OP would have been mad about the cloak as he was buying the other cloak and would have remembered but likely said, "Screw it. They still haven't responded and probably won't give it to me anyways". That was his assumption. OP is only giving 1/2 the story to make it look like an accident when the fact is he screwed up and needs to own up to it. We all make mistakes, and this was his.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Why would anyone refund idiocracy?
    The word/s you're looking for are "idiotic behavior."

Idiocracy simply means: "Peculiarity of constitution; that temperament, or state of constitution, which is peculiar to a person; idiosyncrasy."

So why should Blizzard reward idiosyncrasies? I would hope they would, really. Idiotic behavior, though? Nah.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whats that saying about assuming?

Assume makes an ass of u and me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Whats that saying about assuming?

Assume makes an ass of u and me?
    Here is the more well coined phrase:

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    No, remember to remember next time.
    This. I don't see it as any different than someone putting something in a bank or forgetting it was in their bags and buying another piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you signed up to win a new car in a contest, then a few days later decided you couldn't wait to win - purchased the same car with your money, drove it around a few thousand miles, got a couple dings on it, then won the same car, would you expect to be able to take your used car back for a full refund?
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Why didn't you wait till the ticket was resolved to buy a VP item?

No refund for you.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    If you signed up to win a new car in a contest, then a few days later decided you couldn't wait to win - purchased the same car with your money, drove it around a few thousand miles, got a couple dings on it, then won the same car, would you expect to be able to take your used car back for a full refund?
    I used that same analogy about 5 posts up Was the first thing that came to my mind too.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the conclusion, but to be fair the details about dinging the car up and putting miles on it don't pertain in this case. The value of the virtual item doesn't degrade with use.

Yeah, they should refund. They fucked up. All the guys saying No clearly have a much higher degree of faith in Blizzard than is warranted. That's your typical Customer Service from ActiBlizz now, though.

Holding your breath and hoping Blizz answers your ticket in a judicious manner for 2 days is kind of dumb. I guess you guys never got screwed on a ticket before, or maybe you just <3 Blizzard that much that they can do no wrong. And this is honestly why the game sucks - because fanboys continue to take all the abuse and don't demand more. You get what you deserve.

At least you can sell the car for 90% original value or give it to a friend.
    All gears should be "BoE".

Blizzard just try to milk ALL of yours $15.
    I cannot believe that so many fanboys are defending it.

No, you shouldn't get a refund, but it is ok to be upset. You made a mistake so be a little sad, but ultimately you will move past this tier and get new gear so just let it go and remember for the next time.

I made a bone headed mistake the other day. I won a huge upgrade the other day, was the only person to hit need and the last person in the dungeon. However I was talking in guild chat and left the instance before the loot was awarded. Now, I still have quest green shoulders trying to gear up an alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    At least you can sell the car for 90% original value or give it to a friend.
    All gears should be "BoE".

Blizzard just try to milk ALL of yours $15.
    I cannot believe that so many fanboys are defending it.
    First off, the "fanboy" argument is old. We are not defending Blizz. We are telling the OP he was a dumbass. Second, the monthly sub rate has little to do with this topic. And lastly, I agree that the vendor value should be increased, or allow you to spend extra Jp/VP for the BoE version of the item.

The OP screwed up and ignored his own ticket. Blizz fixed his issue and gave him the raid loot that he deserved, but OP was impatient and ran out to buy VP item instead. Critical Reading and Thinking are great skills to possess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stede View Post
    Yeah, they should refund. They fucked up. All the guys saying No clearly have a much higher degree of faith in Blizzard than is warranted. That's your typical Customer Service from ActiBlizz now, though.

Holding your breath and hoping Blizz answers your ticket in a judicious manner for 2 days is kind of dumb. I guess you guys never got screwed on a ticket before, or maybe you just <3 Blizzard that much that they can do no wrong. And this is honestly why the game sucks - because fanboys continue to take all the abuse and don't demand more. You get what you deserve.
    Asking the question why the OP couldn't use the VP on another gear slot makes people fanboys these days? Man, tha word must have about a million definitions by now, it's a wonder anyone can keep up with them all. But thank for enlightening me, I shall no longer expect people to apply common sense to their actions lest I fall into the folly of being a fanboy.