Poll: Do people of welfare contribute to society

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Yeah like saying you have to show an ID to vote. . .
    Having ID isn't unreasonable though. It helps fight vote fraud. In Canada we have to register to vote and provide ID. But that's it. Not a big deal considering anyone can get ID. As for letting criminals vote..I say why not? The people we vote FOR are the biggest crooks in the world.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    quick question: how many "creationists" are on the house science committee? if the answer is greater than zero (and it is) then that pretty much invalidates your stance imo
    How in the fuck does the presence of a few creationists invalidate anything? Are you denying that academia has been taken over by radical leftists, despite it being undeniably proven?

Ever heard of the fuzzy math teaching, marxist indoctrination program called CSCOPE? Programs like those teach that math is arbitrary, consensus matters more than facts and the ability to do math on paper. Not to mention, indoctrinates kids into "sustainable development", knocks Christianity but praises Islam, hid the curriculum from parents until recently, and is more about dumbing people down than anything else.

A few creationists in the system is a drop compared to the OCEAN of marxism in academia.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Yeah like saying you have to show an ID to vote. . .
    Yea, I don't support that because it's a rather large effort to solve a rather small problem, and considering the people pushing these laws in various legislative houses across the country, it's fairly obvious they're just creative attempts to screw certain demographics.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    By saying "the right to vote shall not be denied" the Constitution implies that it is an inherent right.
    But it's not explicitly stated, so I'm sure some politicians somewhere will keep finding new and innovative ways to give the Supreme Court headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    And I highly doubt discrimination based on economic standing would get approval.
    No, they probably wouldn't. I think they tried doing that in the past but it was linked to an attempt to disenfranchise an ethnic minority, so it was struck down.

Really, I'm just having a bit of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Why do you care if it's the same 1 million people or different 1 million every month?

If you where to do a study on the "chronically unemployed" I think you would find similar results as they have done with the homeless, it's in the long run cheaper to just pay the cost of them being in the state they are over trying to force them in to something they are not through costly programs and such.

Fixing unemployment is easy, fixing the consequences of that fix is much trickier though.
    It does matter in the long run. If the same set of people are unemployed it means they have no skills to offer in this economy and by continuing to stay unemployed it means that they have not bothered to upgrade their skills or simply do not want to work. Having an unskilled labor force is detrimental to an economy in many ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    How in the fuck does the presence of a few creationists invalidate anything? Are you denying that academia has been taken over by radical leftists, despite it being undeniably proven?
    Everything this guy says is a conspiracy theory. Literally every single post. Why is he not perma-banned?
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Everything this guy says is a conspiracy theory. Literally every single post. Why is he not perma-banned?
    Because it's entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    if they are on constant welfare benefits they cant actually contribute to anything as their money is government money we pay taxes they take taxes they spend in shops shop owner pays taxes they get the money back they are living for free and its appalling.

Conspiracy theory = what you don't agree with.

You just cannot stand opposing viewpoints.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holyunholy View Post
    Right but then in your case, you are not on permanent welfare. You found yourself unemployed and you got benefits, which you paid for through you employment insurance contributions. When you work, you pay an income tax. I am talking about people who are permanently on welfare. How are they productive members of society ? It unfortunately is not as rare as it should be.
    There is no such thing as "permanent welfare". It is capped at 5 years.

Listen, we know you and incredibale want a charity-run welfare program and a government so small that you can have your private military and vie for resources between states, but guess what, it is not going to happen and will never happen

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 04:24 PM ----------

Conspiracy theory = what you don't agree with.

You just cannot stand having opposing viewpoints.
    You don't even have an opposing viewpoints, you just have completely unsubstantiated claims.

Yearly US deficit = $480 billion / year; Yearly INCOME of top 1% of earners = $2 trillion / year.

Do the math.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So people want to remove constitutional rights to vote based on how much one contributes?
    to put it simply yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Conspiracy theory = ridiculous unsubstantiated claims
    Fixed that for you

You just cannot stand opposing viewpoints.
    I come to this forum to read and debate opposing viewpoints. Not to sit around and circle jerk with people I agree with.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

It does matter in the long run. If the same set of people are unemployed it means they have no skills to offer in this economy and by continuing to stay unemployed it means that they have not bothered to upgrade their skills or simply do not want to work. Having an unskilled labor force is detrimental to an economy in many ways.
    But if you need that 1 million unemployed for the system to work why does it matter to you who they are and what skills they have?

Again, if you where to perform a study regarding the people who simply doesn't want to work you would probably find that the cheapest and best solution would be to just let them live of welfare, all programs and shit they come up with to force them in to work is probably way more costly than simply leaving it be.

Same as they found out with the homeless, giving them a apartment and money for food and clothes cost society less than the medical bills they rack up by being homeless. All you see is a group of people not contributing but never ask your self what the consequences are for trying to change that fact. As I said, fixing unemployment is easy, fixing the consequences of that fix is much harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    From an economic standpoint, they contribute more than wealthy that hoard.

PS: The idea that welfare abuse is rampant is nothing more that political posturing.
    Lolwut? Do you realize that money never stops circulating through the system?

Someone who owns $30 billion worth of stock isn't "hoarding" anything of value to anyone who doesn't want the stock. Someone with a $30 billion bank account isn't hoarding anything either because of the way FRB works.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Lolwut? Do you realize that money never stops circulating through the system?

Someone who owns $30 billion worth of stock isn't "hoarding" anything of value to anyone who doesn't want the stock. Someone with a $30 billion bank account isn't hoarding anything either because of the way FRB works.
    Capital and demand are two very different things. There is no shortage of capital right now.

As a person that is on constant welfare I found some replies quite degrading or just plain stupid.
    Whilst I agree that some are freeloaders, others are in desperate need of welfare money just to survive.

I'm a young autist that would love to work for my money but I can not at this moment.
    My disability together with heavy depression makes me unable to work and perform well.
    I try to repay society by helping out with volunteering work (creating educational games, giving symposiums on autism, etc).
    Welfare money is mostly spend on housing, food, bills and healthcare support, not on alcohol or drugs.

Just because I live of welfare doesn't mean I'm some stupid person that should not be able to vote.
    The largest part of people on welfare probably would love to earn their own money but the truth is - not everyone can contribute like the flock.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2013-04-04 at 04:37 PM.

This topic has completely derailed from its original discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    You don't even have an opposing viewpoints, you just have completely unsubstantiated claims.
    I substantiate my claims, I provide links. You people recoil in shockhorroroutrage at everything, like little girls.

Yearly US deficit = $480 billion / year; Yearly INCOME of top 1% of earners = $2 trillion / year.

Do the math.
    >$480 billion deficit
    >mfw

Fixed that for you
    I got infracted for doing what you just did. Don't have a lot of confidence you'll be treated equally. Couldn't hurt to try though *reported*

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    But it's not unsubstantiated. He's got a BLOG to cite.
    Because the MSM is the only trusted source of information. Lawl.
    Last edited by Incredibale; 2013-04-04 at 04:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed that for you
    But it's not unsubstantiated. He's got a BLOG to cite.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Do people on welfare contribute to society
    What do you mean by contribute to society? Is contributing to society having a job, paying taxes, buying things, owning a house?