Hunter 2 -piece + Dark Animus

Hello,

We were continually getting one of the Large Animus Golems to spawn despite everyone being instructed on what to kill and when. And our hunter said multiple attempts in a row, it is his T15 2-piece bonus that is apparently killing a defunct animus golem and thus pushing animus into a large golem. I'm calling BS but I'd like to ask here first to see if the thunderhawk that is spawned would do something so ridiculous. 10-Man by the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's possible he's just doing too much initial damage to the small add. If he says it's his 2pc he could just swap to his t14 set pieces or something.

There's no way it's his 2 piece. That thing would take ages to kill the anima golems. He must be doing it wrong. He should just have a tank pet with spirit bond and have it tank that and then he can go out a little to help kill the ones that need to be killed. If the 2 piece procs it will barely put a dent in the anima golems in the long run.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Tehstool raids 25 man, so he might be a bit out of his depth here.

In 10 man, there's 13 inactive small golems, all at 5% health. They all have 4 anima in them, but aren't active due to the electricity. Wowhead claims a golem normally has 3.4m health (unsure if 10 man or 25), so 5% would be about 170k. In 10 man, I can activate DA in 2 shots on one of these golems.

The 2 pc often does target things the hunter isn't targetting. With two thunderhawks up, it might be possible to kill one of these 5% golems.

That being said, I've never had my thunderhawks kill an inactive one, anecdotally.

Edit: On second thought, I got my tier the first week of DA, and haven't been in on a DA kill since I got my 2pc. Do you have a log to look at?
    Last edited by eschatological; 2013-04-04 at 05:55 AM.

2pc thunder do about 25k hit and 50k crit. No way that this will kill add. His pet or he himslef do it. He must tank add with pet with pet autottack only. No KC, no nothing except taunt. I don't even autoattack by myself. Only thing I do on this phase is castin mend pet ;] Extremly boring.

25k, 50k crits, you'd only need 2 crits of 5 to kill one of these 170k golems.

Again, you 25 man raiders don't know what's going on in 10 man.

More edits: We don't even use tank pets in 10 because most of the time we're providing some buff we need, and need the ferocity DPS. I just face tank it with my face, and don't do anything that would get it on my pet. Keep in mind, in 10 man, everyone including healers need to tank a mob (in 25 I believe you have 2 free healers since the tanks get 2 each), and you're rarely in range of more than one healer.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2013-04-04 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    25k, 50k crits, you'd only need 2 crits of 5 to kill one of these 170k golems.

Again, you 25 man raiders don't know what's going on in 10 man.

More edits: We don't even use tank pets in 10 because most of the time we're providing some buff we need, and need the ferocity DPS. I just face tank it with my face, and don't do anything that would get it on my pet. Keep in mind, in 10 man, everyone including healers need to tank a mob (in 25 I believe you have 2 free healers since the tanks get 2 each), and you're rarely in range of more than one healer.
    Thunderhawk can easily do 170k damage. You have no control over what it attacks either.

Yep, I'm 25 man raider too... never done this on 10. But it looks like we have to do way more dmg to kill it. It have 3,5mln and we have to kill to activate bigger one. Tactic for 10 varies so much, that you only need to do 170k in compre to 3,5mln in 25? For me sth is wrong here... But as I said, I don't know what happen on 10 man.

170k is one hit...

I guess I never looked at 10 man, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    Yep, I'm 25 man raider too... never done this on 10. But it looks like we have to do way more dmg to kill it. It have 3,5mln and we have to kill to activate bigger one. Tactic for 10 varies so much, that you only need to do 170k in compre to 3,5mln in 25? For me sth is wrong here... But as I said, I don't know what happen on 10 man.

170k is one hit...

It's 170k for the 13 golems and 3.4M for the 12 other ones.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

yeah, they couldn't have all 25 active in 10 man, so they make 12 active at full health (3.4m), tanks take 2 each, other 8 ppl take one each.

The 170k golems are there to soak more anima into the massives after the active ones are dead.

Well any hunter who have had the 2 piece for more than 20 minutes knows those thunder hawks have a life of their own. I suggest just removing the 2piece for the fight, untill they fix them, it's not a fight that wont be doable without the 3-4k dps from the thunderhawk, still sucks though.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

But it's impossibru for hunter to not kill it ;] 170k health will be smashed by white pet auto attacks in few seconds ;] I'm glad that I raid 25-man The most boring part of whole tier for me

If you accidentally cobra shot the inactive, this will happen. I had an issue today where I was dumping mine into an inactive large just to get rid of it, but I got matter swapped at the last second. Fun shit.

Its very possible, hawks take their own targets and like its said the small ones got 170k hp on 10man.

Though if your hunter noticed this and didn't remove his 2p yet. Idk what to say, does he use a brain? =D

the hawks attack the target you casted the cobra/ss on, so its his fault

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    But it's impossibru for hunter to not kill it ;] 170k health will be smashed by white pet auto attacks in few seconds ;] I'm glad that I raid 25-man The most boring part of whole tier for me
    The ones with 170k are the inactive ones, they should never get attacked by anything...

I have never had issues with this, I even used barrage on this fight and hit nothing but Dark Animus at the last "phase", while the inactive ones were in my shooting path.

Quote Originally Posted by flzk View Post
    the hawks attack the target you casted the cobra/ss on, so its his fault
    Not always.

It's possible I guess. Just have them take it off. Also tell them to not use barrage/glaive toss on the adds.

I don't know how all the different strats work, but I honestly just burn down one add, make sure the one I'm tanking is aggroed on me, then put my pet on passive and go sit in a corner until we pull Animus. DPS on the adds we're putting into golems isn't an issue and it ensures that my trinkets will proc when we go into the burn. Mechanics are 10x more important on that fight than DPS or even healing.

We kill inactive ones to fill up the massives, but only after all the active ones are dead.

Still sucks that the hunter solution to a problem is "Don't wear those DPS upgrades" rather than fixing buggy pet AI.

Hawks attack anything, it is Very much possible with their dps output. In my opinion they need to make hawks assist your current target or we will see more of these issues pop up.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thunderhawk can attack anything in range and it doesn't seem to prioritize your or your pets' current target. On 25m Animus, it has attacked my add, it has attacked other adds, it has attacked large golems, etc. On the trash pulls at the start of the instance it frequently wails on the target dummies instead of the mobs.

If you don't believe him, you can easily see it in action by having him attack the target dummies - it's just a matter of time before it shoots a lightning bolt at one of the random dummies not being targeted.