10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Them spoilers!

Keira Metz stuff:
    I ended up killing her, which I felt pretty terrible about when I found out you could send her to Kaer Mohen instead. However, I rationalized that killing her was not all that bad since 1) she was a bastard and everything you did with and for her (even the sex!) was purely for selfish reasons that involved giving a pretty bad guy some pretty evil research, 2) she was willing to initiate a life and death fight when I refused to let her carry out her scheme, and 3) in the end, I'd still rather have stopped her than risked trying to convince her not to do it and then fail.
    You can take the research from her, and send her to Kaer Morhen which is what I did and imho the best option, as Keira Metz isn't inherently evil really.

Deleted
    Will something special happen when you don't take notes from her and she goes with it to Kaer Morhen?

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    You can take the research from her, and send her to Kaer Morhen which is what I did and imho the best option, as Keira Metz isn't inherently evil really.
    Pretty much all of the sorceresses outside of Yen and Triss are garbage human beings and don't deserve much. Yen is even borderline evil if it fits her agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I mentioned that I found out you could do that, but none of the dialogue options telegraphed that was a thing you could do. Would be cheating to go back and change things just because you find out there's a nicer ending (just like I didn't change my decisions when I found out Annabelle was a pesta). And I'm not sure I'd want her at Kaer Morhen after that scheme.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mentioned that I found out you could do that, but none of the dialogue options telegraphed that was a thing you could do. Would be cheating to go back and change things just because you find out there's a nicer ending (just like I didn't change my decisions when I found out Annabelle was a pesta). And I'm not sure I'd want her at Kaer Morhen after that scheme.
    Oh yah I agree. I didn't redo anything either. Just lived with the consequences of my decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Pretty much all of the sorceresses outside of Yen and Triss are garbage human beings and don't deserve much. Yen is even borderline evil if it fits her agenda.
    The only even remotely evil thing she does is the quest at the beginning of Skellige. She's a bitch and she does whatever she wants but she isn't evil at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    The only even remotely evil thing she does is the quest at the beginning of Skellige. She's a bitch and she does whatever she wants but she isn't evil at all.
    Evil like moustache twirling? No. But Yennifer definitely has no problem sacrificing others to achieve her goals. She does some pretty messed up stuff on Skellige, not only endangering many people but also spitting in everyone's face. In a way, she reminds me a bit of Cersei from Game of Thrones. She would do anything for her friends and family (mainly Ciri, Geralt, and the Lodge of Sorceresses) and would burn the rest of the world if need be. So, maybe not evil...but not a force for good in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Evil like moustache twirling? No. But Yennifer definitely has no problem sacrificing others to achieve her goals. She does some pretty messed up stuff on Skellige, not only endangering many people but also spitting in everyone's face. In a way, she reminds me a bit of Cersei from Game of Thrones. She would do anything for her friends and family (mainly Ciri, Geralt, and the Lodge of Sorceresses) and would burn the rest of the world if need be. So, maybe not evil...but not a force for good in the slightest.
    I'd have to agree with this. While Yen may not be inherently evil, she definitely has no issues with doing bad things and killing others if it helps her in her schemes or protects the ones she loves.

The engine looks alot better then the previous one in terms of well everything. Rich story line to , cant wait to play later.

Deleted
    If you know backstory of Yennefer (from books) she is pretty much female version of Geralt, in my opinion. In books for example Geralt isn't "good" guy at all. He can kill for entertainment. Well you can roleplay him as douche bag too ingame. + Yennefer childhood (if you read about it in books, you can't hate her)was way worse than Geralt's childhood, probably Geralt/Ciri are her first true love and family (after 100 years), so seriously what do you expect from her? Being lovely, nice and fluffy ? I understand that some people know characters only from game, so they will stick with Triss, but tbh for me theres no other option than Yennefer. She can be bitch, whatever. I'm doing second play and I don't think i can force myself to romance with Triss. But it is not like that: you read books, you will prefer Yennefer, because many people hate her because of books . Its very interesting character way better than Triss, in my opinion, but relations with her are more "painful".

Gameplay is really good, you just gotta enjoy the game in a dark quiet room to to get into the game. If you haven't already you should try that.
    Not a fan of using elo boost to rank up.
    but i prefer the tier list instead.

In what order should one pick up the books? And how do they work timewise with the books? Do they take place before he lost his memory?

Deleted
    In what order should one pick up the books? And how do they work timewise with the books? Do they take place before he lost his memory?
    Start with Short stories: The Last Wish then read Sword of Destiny. Then you can start Witcher Saga(Blood of Elves, Time of Contempt and Baptism of Fire, rest is still not translated).
    About timeline - well, CDPR failed a little with "dates" in the game because The Witcher should take place 5 years after Second Nilfgaard War(1268 when books ends) while the first games starts in 1270 so 2 years after Saga end.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    There's no reason to do it perhaps? What an odd demand, games with NG+ content are still sparce. And they don't make sense outside of games where the plot is about a cyclic pattern such as Bravely Default or Dark Souls.

I guess people have become too spoiled to even start a new game when pressing Start New Game.

You haven't even defeated Isthatit in DA:I yet.
    It's very hard early on and very easy near the end, NG+ with better level distribution for monsters would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    I really love this game, can't say much about it though since I just started on it, and I've spend half the time playing Gwent One thing I don't really like is that everyone looks like they bench press 500 pounds at the gym, and all the women have big boobs and perfect bodies, not very realistic. It's always like that in games, I never understood that, why don't they just make the characters look like people do in real life?
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2015-06-28 at 03:21 PM.

Deleted
    Because one naked grandma is enough.

Also games are not real life, i don't actually want to be looking at ugly people either way unless it fits the game like say Evil Within.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Because one naked grandma is enough.

Also games are not real life, i don't actually want to be looking at ugly people either way unless it fits the game like say Evil Within.
    I'm just having a hard time emerging myself in the story when even the oldest monks, inkeepers and cripples look like Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1985. And all the women apparently work as Victorias' Secret models on the side.
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2015-06-28 at 09:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    And all the women apparently work as Victorias' Secret models on the side.
    they are just ordinary slavic woman

Deleted
    And i'm having a hard time emerging myself in a story about demons, ghosts, witches and all other sorts of stuff that doesn't work in real life.

Oh wait, i don't.

http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/wiki...d_the_books.3F

The events of the first Witcher game take place 5 years after the books so the memory loss happens in that in-between time.