Page 8 of 348 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    is it february 2015 yet? why not? can I haz it now?

No words to describe it wow.
    All games for me usually vary from meh to awesome can't wait to play it! When I watch gameplay before the game is released.
    With witcher my hands are just itching to play it NOW and cut some stuff in there, damn...

10+ Year Old Account
    CIRI AND YENNEFER. Yes! And Triss! :O

I want to hump my screen now.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Deleted
    I would like some alternate love interests, Triss was rather boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Yennefer.

char

Yay! Geralt finally learned to jump.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    I guess that depends mainly on how you want "love interest" to be defined.
    If it's just "physical relations", then that's plenty already and not so surprising for a Witcher as famous and exciting as Geralt. [Especially sorceresses seem to be drawn to him, since he's so similar to them, yet also the complete opposite. Although, they're mostly just reaaaaally curious about him.]
    If it's deeper emotions, then I'm gonna have to disappoint you by telling you that Geralt, lore-wise, does not develop romantic feelings easily... or at all.
    Him seemingly "falling" for Triss was partially due to his amnesia, which made him forget about the two most important people in his life. Not gonna tell you who they are, though, that's something that becomes obvious when you read the books or play Witcher 3. :P
    (Granted, it's more of an open secret by now anyways.)

But yeah, there will be a new love interest. One. Uno. Eine einzige.

I don't see how Yennefer's and Geralt's love-story is really "known secret" since it's not only directly referenced in many of the novels but also some of the adventures and outcomes relate to it
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    You know, after watching the video a few more times I reached the conclusion I like Ciri. I hope she is a love interest

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I hate to say this, but it really need to sink.

The games will never ever live to the hype that devs or players created.

that's because hype is a mechanism that simply feed on itself and once started it will inevitably grow out of proportion no matter what. (typical positive feedback loop system)
    Devs maybe say a little thing, that little thing build up in the imagination of players and then like a fisherman tale it goes from "caught a trout" to "I battled that goddamn swordwish bare handed" in a matter of weeks
    Fortunately it seems the hype for this game isn't that huge. People didn't vote that much for it in the E3 awards from results so I can assume that they're not that hyped yet. Some of us are, yes, but some people are for any game.

Still, I think that one thing people care about the most is the developers, who showed that they do care about the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    I really hope there's a way to shave Geralt tho.
    Of course you will be able to! Here's your barber:

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    You know, after watching the video a few more times I reached the conclusion I like Ciri. I hope she is a love interest
    Wasn't she kind like his adopted daughter in the books ? I mean, if THAT'S your thing than i don't criticize you....but it still kinda ehhhh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I claim the hundredth post!

OT: I don't see any major expansion content coming out until the Christmas of 2015, so our wallets should be safe for a while after release.
    Well our wallets are safe anyway after you get the game cause all dlc is free if they do any.

Deleted

Fortunately it seems the hype for this game isn't that huge. People didn't vote that much for it in the E3 awards from results so I can assume that they're not that hyped yet. Some of us are, yes, but some people are for any game.

Still, I think that one thing people care about the most is the developers, who showed that they do care about the players.
    I do hope so, but I think that is important for people to understand that sometimes a game disappoint not because it is disappointing but because it is compared to some extremely bloated up and unreasonable expectations

First game ever to win people's choice award 2 years in a row I think!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Woody Allen, is that you? Didn't expect to see you here on mmo-champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    First game ever to win people's choice award 2 years in a row I think!
    I think that was only IGN's "viewers choice" award, though.

Deleted
    Well she is Geralt's adopted daughter so i doubt it.

Keep that degenerate LI discussion in DA thread please. <.<

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I find this amusing given your avatar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Wasn't she kind like his adopted daughter in the books ? I mean, if THAT'S your thing than i don't criticize you....but it still kinda ehhhh.
    Quote Originally Posted by SePetus View Post
    Well she is Geralt's adopted daughter so i doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    Woody Allen, is that you? Didn't expect to see you here on mmo-champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    And ... this is why I should have read a summary of the books before saying anything and not just looked at Ciri and thought "hey, she's cute".

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I do hope so, but I think that is important for people to understand that sometimes a game disappoint not because it is disappointing but because it is compared to some extremely bloated up and unreasonable expectations
    I, for one, understand that. That's why I haven't kept up with the devs' interviews, since I know they have many plans, but not all may be achieved how I would expect, so I ignore them and hope the game will be ok. Thus, if it's truly good, I'll be very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I find this amusing given your avatar.
    What, have you never seen MP3 player being plugged in? :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    And ... this is why I should have read a summary of the books before saying anything and not just looked at Ciri and thought "hey, she's cute".
    Maybe if there is manga/anime adaptation of witcher it will come true. But so far geraltxciri is big no no.