i wonder about Ring of Peace in raid.

Ring of peace.

Is it only valid for adds? or is it be available for boss too ?

and can i use it in Council of elders?

I use it on the adds on horridon. My tank said they hit for less

Horridon and Maegara here. Didn't see other uses for it at all outside of those two.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Horridon and Maegara here. Didn't see other uses for it at all outside of those two.
    Megaera? What does it do?

Deleted
    Silences the arcane add casts which channel a stun, since RoP doesn't suffer DR you can chain cast it for 24 seconds if you have 3 monks lol.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonleekungfu View Post
    Megaera? What does it do?
    He's referring to HM where you have another head to deal with.

i'd heard that on the frost lords in horridon, when they come out of the ring of peace, their mortal strikes are synced. so i don't use it for those adds, but do especially for the others. also the trash going to dark animus, although i suspect it does nothing there.

Also useful on Lei Shen, I belive it interrupts the ball lightning's casts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucin View Post
    i'd heard that on the frost lords in horridon, when they come out of the ring of peace, their mortal strikes are synced. so i don't use it for those adds, but do especially for the others. also the trash going to dark animus, although i suspect it does nothing there.
    Yeah there's no point in using it on those adds from that door, but the other ones its great to use to relieve the add tank - especially since its such a short CD.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my issue with RoP. Doesn't the harmful spell have to not only be cast, but also be completed for the blanket silence to go off? Ie, on H Mageara, I would cast it on the add tank but I still think the adds would cast their abilities once then be silenced for what, 3 secs?

Deleted
    Channels are instantly silenced in RoP

you can disarm war god in horridon. He does a lot of dmg after a few stacks

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Channels are instantly silenced in RoP
    Alright, so that prevents their channeled stuns but you still need AoE stuns on the adds to stop their cast right?

Nah They are completely prone to CC, so RoP completely locks them into only doing melee for its duration

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    Nah They are completely prone to CC, so RoP completely locks them into only doing melee for its duration
    But that's not what the tooltip would suggest at all. Are you sure?

It works weird for PvE mobs. In a nutshell, NPCs are idiots, so if they are in the RoP they just melee you. Players get silenced after the cast, NPCs dont even attempt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alucin View Post
    you can use it to predict your mortal strikes. as soon as I have 3 I use it. get to under 3 seconds our mw pops life cocoon and they are dead before the next ones.

easier than taking all the sustained MS I find from personal experience.

*edit* works on animus trash. its how my guild pulls them