Poll: Which race model are you looking forward to?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Remove hunches from all Horde races that have them.
    Fair enough in terms of orcs, but not tauren and trolls. It's how they've been portrayed since WC3.

Predominantly an Orc player here, but I can safely say all of the original player-character race models could use a fresh coat of paint, so to speak. Especially when you compare them to the detail found in Worgen, Goblin and Pandaren. We're talking character models designed with, say, a Geforce 3 in mind at most vs. models designed with 9000 series GTs or maybe the GTX400 series at worst (can't say I've looked much into video cards as of late; my GTX570 is still going fine, lol).

Here's hoping for a male orc model where teeth don't protrude through most helmet designs.

I look forward to the day when the unshaved human male doesn't resemble some kind of bizarre dog-human hybrid.

Gnome females, it's all I want. Not that I am overly displeased with their current stage, even THOUGH they share animations in everything with their male counterpart. Just polish them up a bit, a higher quality. And god damit, don't make me pay for 11 appearence changes either, I won't have any of that unless there is some kind of a bundle price. Why are there no bundle offers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically all except Draenei and Belf. I don't know why Draenei and Blood Elf are even there, they're practically still in the wrapper.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarf Male, since it is my main! Humans desperately need an update, as well as trolls. Orcs need to stand up straight.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

All of them. All of them.

But mostly male Orc, both genders of Human and male Undead.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Deleted
    What I'd really like to see is sliders added to vary height and weight / build.

Human male casters look absurd in their robes with a body Schwarzenegger would be proud of.

Orc, Undead, and Blood Elf.

Orc, because hordeside, orcs are everywhere. You'll likely be seeing a lot of "New" orcs. Hopefully, our orcs have better posture moving forward.

Undead, because the present models have some room to improve. (And fem undead have wicked melee animations) Especially involving the "Ripped" armor, exposed bones, etc. (I don't think they'll do away with these, but likely make them look a bit less like someone zig-zag'd out the elbows of my plate.

Belf, because they're often drawn to be much more savage, battered, and Psycho then they're portrayed in game.
    I would imagine that they'll do a fistful that are akin to what we have now, and a fistful that are scar-covered and snarling.

I don't think tauren or troll will look significantly different. Troll might get less 'pointy' ears and nose, Tauren might look a bit furrier, but overall, I don't think it's going to be extremely different.

still hoping for the new thrall model for all orcs looks just awesome and i would LOVE to be able to choose between the new troll skins (with some polishing) from the council of elders fight for the rest well mostly looking forward to the horde races

edit: how could i forget ?! female orc! though its looks already great (imo) only more "good" looking faces ond ofc higher poly but that would be the model i´m most exited for
    Last edited by Riordrian; 2013-04-08 at 11:09 PM.

From what I've seen of the newer models, I can't wait for the updated Undead model, I don't even play any Undead characters but I have a feeling they're gonna look awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Female dwarves, if I had to pick one. I really like dwarves, but the females have such an agonizing way that the armor sits on them (if that makes sense). When I thought that they were just giving us a reskin, I would have picked Tauren females - but now that I know they're reworking skeletons as well? Can't get me more psyched than I am for Female dwarves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
    Basically all except Draenei and Belf. I don't know why Draenei and Blood Elf are even there, they're practically still in the wrapper.
    Dude are you kidding. Belf and Draenei are about 1 year newer than the vanilla models -_-. They looked aged, maybe not as much as vanilla but the textures are definitely dated.

For me Belf's because its my favorite race (only race I play except for Nelf Druid/Draenei Shaman). Although the one I'm most curious about is Tauren because of how god awful the current model looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Belf and Draenei are stil wayyy more up to date than the other models, so they are way at the back of the list for me.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

I'm terrified of what they might do to the new Night Elf model. I hope it turns out good.

I'm most looking forward to the new female Dwarf model.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I want them to release the new dwarves early, just so everyone will be jelous of female dwarves for once.

I think they look great now, but their animations are so horribly stiff and boring.

I wanted to say I'm equally excited about both Humans and Night elves, but lets face it, I'm more excited about the night elf model. They could look and cast so much better than they do now(more so for the male night elves).

orc, I hate the shovel hands

Deleted
    I looking forward to the troll, myself going by Vol'jin's model I am hoping I can slap a goatee onto my rogue and have lots of awesome times with it, along with more ferocious look females too I believe they're abit too 'human' like, atleast have better tusk options for them.

Aside from that I am hoping that the others will gain better models because atm, some are just plain ugly. (dwarf female, Human female)

I'm also looking forward to the new beard styles for the males, Given the acceptions (Undead, female Dwarves -lol-, Trolls) Every single race has a setting for a beard/goatee/moustache and we all know Blizzard loves shoving beards on stuff. I would be mostly looking forward to the troll ones as I stated, maybe even a rotten/decaying style beard on the Undead.
    Last edited by mmoc1f981dfbda; 2013-04-09 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
    Belf and Draenei are stil wayyy more up to date than the other models, so they are way at the back of the list for me.
    They're not "wayyy" more up to date than the original eight; the best thing they have for them is that their skeletons are slightly more complicated and they have I believe one to two more auto-attack animations than the original eight do. That's it. They still more or less bow to the same limitations that the original races do and even compared to the Cataclysm ones, they look pretty old.

That said, I'm still moderately certain that the BC races are unfortunately not part of the upcoming re-model that they've been talking about.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.