Page 20 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Luneward View Post
    Yes, but if your raid group already clears normal/heroic once a week, LFR doesn't help at all. Though I would question whether this one item really impacts performance enough to matter. If so... it's not the gear, it's the mindset of the raid group.

2/12 in 3 weeks here. After reading posts I consider myself lucky so far. These things either need streak protection or Lei Shen needs to drop one 100%
    I was answering a guy that was saying he couldn't get runestones becuase he was benched.

Week 6 - 1 stone.
    7/12 now.
    A.w.e.s.o.m.e.4000.

3-3-0-0-0-1

7/12

yessssssssssss 12/12 luv u primordius

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bounstar View Post
    yessssssssssss 12/12 luv u primordius

Luck you! I was in your group. Sitting at 9/12 myself, after doing part 3 and 4 of ToT LFR after reset on Oceanic servers. Here is to hoping for the possibility of any dropping in heroics.

4/12 in 3 weeks on the quest

Deleted
    3/12 3 weeks on the quest. Last reset I didn't get a single one, this reset I got one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Yes, why not? They only drop from the last 6 bosses (7 with Ra-den). That's some of the hardest bosses on Heroic and if you're able to defeat them, why not be awarded with a 100% drop chance of a Runestone?
    4/7 of them are a complete joke. That's full runestones in 3 weeks for every semi decent guild/alt. Far too fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    4/7 of them are a complete joke. That's full runestones in 3 weeks for every semi decent guild/alt. Far too fast.
    For the Heroic raiders but not for the average casual raider, who're still at 2/13 Heroic. I still don't see an issue making the drop chance 100% on at least some bosses as I suggested.

4 in... I think this was the 7th week.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss the 6k VP grind.

Deleted
    For the Heroic raiders but not for the average casual raider, who're still at 2/13 Heroic. I still don't see an issue making the drop chance 100% on at least some bosses as I suggested.
    Basically 'you' just want it boosted for 'your' group as for 'your' level of progress 'you' need the gear more for progressing heroics' - some normal raiders also need it just as much for progressing on their difficulty, and the best guilds don't 'need' it at all for progression.

I'm not saying the droprates are ideal, I'd even be happy with a pity drop off lei shen hc (like yogg), but saying 'heroic raiders' should be entitled to more because they 'need' them more is kinda shortsighted and selfish. They should fix the problem totally, not to benefit a small number of people just to help their own progression path.

Deleted
    Basically 'you' just want it boosted for 'your' group as for 'your' level of progress 'you' need the gear more for progressing heroics' - some normal raiders also need it just as much for progressing on their difficulty, and the best guilds don't 'need' it at all for progression.

I'm not saying the droprates are ideal, I'd even be happy with a pity drop off lei shen hc (like yogg), but saying 'heroic raiders' should be entitled to more because they 'need' them more is kinda shortsighted and selfish. They should fix the problem totally, not to benefit a small number of people just to help their own progression path.
    Pretty sure I never said, that Heroic raiders need them more? But lets just say, that some bosses would always drop a Runestone. If not on Heroic, it would kinda have to be only Lei Shen and Ra-den, which I would be fine with as well. Cause then the only difference between top guilds and casual guilds would be Ra-den and I don't think it's unfair to grant people who're clearing 13/13 every week to get that 1 Runestone more.

Either way, I don't really see any other way they could make some sort of safety net. And if (as you suggest) it's only Heroic Lei Shen, then what's the difference between what I suggested and what you just did? In the end it would still only be the top 30 best Heroic raiders who would get it.

I guess another way would be to implement the "bad luck" system they implemented for Mogu Runes. That actually appeals me more. So say you didn't get a single Runestone in a reset, your chances of getting at least one the next reset would be maybe 25-50% higher?

Deleted
    Pretty sure I never said, that Heroic raiders need them more? But lets just say, that some bosses would always drop a Runestone. If not on Heroic, it would kinda have to be only Lei Shen and Ra-den, which I would be fine with as well. Cause then the only difference between top guilds and casual guilds would be Ra-den and I don't think it's unfair to grant people who're clearing 13/13 every week to get that 1 Runestone more.

Either way, I don't really see any other way they could make some sort of safety net. And if (as you suggest) it's only Heroic Lei Shen, then what's the difference between what I suggested and what you just did? In the end it would still only be the top 30 best Heroic raiders who would get it.

I guess another way would be to implement the "bad luck" system they implemented for Mogu Runes. That actually appeals me more. So say you didn't get a single Runestone in a reset, your chances of getting at least one the next reset would be maybe 25-50% higher?
    This^^ is exactly why I suggested, it was a 100% drop chance on Heroic. Cause it's while progressing on Heroic that you really need the extra gear and not just for facerolling LFR. < this. had to dig it up as i didnt remember the exact quote :P

Unless you're an absolute top end guild, you still won't be boosting alts to Lei Shen. So all it does it ensure the top 200 guilds 'mains' all have it by 5.4 (8-12 weeks) making a level playing field in the race that tier. Whereas if you grant them on all 7 bosses, then any half decent alt can clear 4-5 weekly and have it by 5.4. For those 'not in the race', the cloak doesn't matter much anyway, you progress at your own pace and its just shitty RNG like any other item.

I'm not saying it's not frustrating, I have 0 in four weeks so....

I actually like the 'bad luck streak' idea. Seems a nice way to level the playing field.

10+ Year Old Account
    7/12 after 5 weeks. <snore>
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

10+ Year Old Account
    6/12 after 4 weeks.

0-1-4-1

All I need is 1-2 good weeks...

Deleted
    This^^ is exactly why I suggested, it was a 100% drop chance on Heroic. Cause it's while progressing on Heroic that you really need the extra gear and not just for facerolling LFR. < this. had to dig it up as i didnt remember the exact quote :P

Unless you're an absolute top end guild, you still won't be boosting alts to Lei Shen. So all it does it ensure the top 200 guilds 'mains' all have it by 5.4 (8-12 weeks) making a level playing field in the race that tier. Whereas if you grant them on all 7 bosses, then any half decent alt can clear 4-5 weekly and have it by 5.4. For those 'not in the race', the cloak doesn't matter much anyway, you progress at your own pace and its just shitty RNG like any other item.

I'm not saying it's not frustrating, I have 0 in four weeks so....

I actually like the 'bad luck streak' idea. Seems a nice way to level the playing field.
    I honestly didn't remember I said that, but I'm going to stick to it anyways. Sure, everyone progressing (regardless of said progress) have a need for that cloak but my example was LFR. You barely need a brain to do that tbh.

But yeah, the more I think about the "bad luck streak" protection, the more I like it. Cause lets face it, regardless of your progression, that cloak is a big upgrade. And if you started on the Legendary quest chain on day one (like I and many others did) and you're now getting beaten to the cloak by people who started much later - due to the "catch up" mechanism - is rather demoralizing.

Just did a wing of LFR and got 3/3

Deleted
    had none for past 2 weeks lol, fun.

Deleted
    Last 3 weeks no stones, fml?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been relatively lucky with stones. When I took the quest, got 2 stones on the same week. And after that it has been 1-2 stones together from all LFR+normal10-man per week. But I have a strong feeling that all of my "luck" is placed in getting stones not something else.