Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    In 10 man, the holy fight I do holy is heroic Tortos, topping those shields in holy is a lot better than disc, plus I can heal on the move, the lightwell and all that crap, it's just, for me, a ton better. Ji'kun heroic is another one I had a easier time with holy to top people off in quills. Disc does the job, but it feels smoother as holy, but I did it as disc in the end.

I have been debating heroic council, the frostbite part is easier as disc, but guardian spirit is a cheat death, and seems to be in the end the dispatch would probably be better as holy, but I was doing good numbers as disc so I didn't push the experiment too much after seeing frostbites not so good.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Disc is better just for the damage in 10 man. Holy can be used when dps is not an issue. For new Holy players, I would reccomend staying in yellow chakra 100% of the time with cascade. What people dont understand is the running renews on the whole raid IS aoe healing and is just as effective as the blue chakra in aoe situations. Holy thrives in fights where the raid is taking consistent damge the entire fight. E.g Garalon, heroic will of the emprorer. Any time where you are forced into a situation where you will be overhealing a lot is when holy loses it's usefulness IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Robfornow View Post
    Disc is better just for the damage in 10 man. Holy can be used when dps is not an issue. For new Holy players, I would reccomend staying in yellow chakra 100% of the time with cascade. What people dont understand is the running renews on the whole raid IS aoe healing and is just as effective as the blue chakra in aoe situations. Holy thrives in fights where the raid is taking consistent damge the entire fight. E.g Garalon, heroic will of the emprorer. Any time where you are forced into a situation where you will be overhealing a lot is when holy loses it's usefulness IMO
    Kind of a cut and paste from a Jhazrun 5.1 post over on the Paragon forums.... :/

While Yellow Chakra/Renew/Heal/Serenity/FDCL//Cascade spam can indeed be very powerful for raid healing, it takes A LOT of skill to master. I'm not sure I would recommend new Holy Priests going that route when they can get similar results from Blue Chakra/PoH/DI (with 2 piece t15)/PoM/CoH with much less skill and buff tracking involved (especially since PoM is currently being affected by Blue Chakra, not sure if this is working as intended).

If you're having to stick in Yellow Chakra because your second healer in 10 man isn't a strong tank healing class, I'd just forgo Holy and go Disc (blasphemy!) anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by fixall View Post
    Kind of a cut and paste from a Jhazrun 5.1 post over on the Paragon forums.... :/

While Yellow Chakra/Renew/Heal/Serenity/FDCL//Cascade spam can indeed be very powerful for raid healing, it takes A LOT of skill to master. I'm not sure I would recommend new Holy Priests going that route when they can get similar results from Blue Chakra/PoH/DI (with 2 piece t15)/PoM/CoH with much less skill and buff tracking involved (especially since PoM is currently being affected by Blue Chakra, not sure if this is working as intended).

If you're having to stick in Yellow Chakra because your second healer in 10 man isn't a strong tank healing class, I'd just forgo Holy and go Disc (blasphemy!) anyways.
    Raid healing in yellow chakra is not as hard as it is annoying. Knowing that in serenity you are just a worse resto druid is the most annoying thing ever.

100% for disc in 10 man. The only fight I could remotely see holy being better is Tortos. And even then, you miss the shield spam which often helps more. I just have no patience with chakra to learn it well. Love holy otherwise, but for 10m disc is clearly superior. (Especially if your melee heavy raid stands in EVERYTHING like mine does. ._. yay )